CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
4Runner
kingofnerf
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (2916)
Juco QBs? (1002)
SDS grades the Furma (840)
we can STILL win the (772)
ND vs FSU Ending (742)
Auburn/USC point spr (622)
Whenever I Get Depre (611)
How do you want Aubu (441)
If the Head Ball Coa (410)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (268)
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Williams and Mitch
we can STILL win the east
How do you want Auburn to
Auburn/USC point spread
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Nick Saban on frustration
Cann tipping plays?
If the Head Ball Coach re
well I'll be damned...Tex

Old 08-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Cocks N Stuff
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocks N Stuff has hatched from the shell
Default Will Gameday still come?

To the UGA game week 3? Now that we are not undefeated and clearly not a very good football team?
Cocks N Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
sunbeam
4-Star

Male

sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Will Gameday still come?

Do you really want that game to have a national audience? Right now it seems like a game tailor made to pump Gurley's Heisman hopes.

God knows we have done it for other people in the past, why not Gurley?
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocks N Stuff View Post
To the UGA game week 3? Now that we are not undefeated and clearly not a very good football team?
Are you serious?

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Right now I hope not

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #5
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

no
Old 08-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
QueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudly
Send a message via Skype™ to QueenCityCockFan

No.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

Please, no. We do NOT need that kind of coverage. Don't need to scare off anymore recruits.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Well, well, well...Fellows, you have just been introduced to 18IStheman, one of Gogamecocks' most obnoxious Clempson trolls...He goes by many screen names, but you can always identify him. I cannot believe that he didn't think one of us would catch him.

He loves to stir the pot and likes to say "We", but he's as Urange and obnoxious as can be..
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I personally think that, on a list of 1000 things that we should be worried about if we are Carolina football fans this morning, this is #1001.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #10
18IsTheMan
Banned

Male

18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs18IsTheMan has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
Well, well, well...Fellows, you have just been introduced to 18IStheman, one of Gogamecocks' most obnoxious Clempson trolls...He goes by many screen names, but you can always identify him. I cannot believe that he didn't think one of us would catch him.

He loves to stir the pot and likes to say "We", but he's as Urange and obnoxious as can be..
Nice attempt at diversion. No smokescreens can hide your true orange colors though.
18IsTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #11
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

thats the last thing we need
Old 08-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Why would you want them?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #13
southerntramp
Game MVP

Male

southerntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudlysoutherntramp is crowing loudly

Oh no....I was hoping to make a really cool sign and get on TV
southerntramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #14
Cocks N Stuff
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post

This post is funny because you are so sure of yourself but absolutely incorrect. I am not a Clemson fan or a troll. I'm pretty sure my post history makes that obvious if you actually care to look through it.

The OP was an honest question. Everyone was saying we were a "lock" for Gameday if both teams are undefeated, partially because of a mostly barren week 3 slate of games. Well, after the debacle that was the TAMU game, I would like to know if we are still in the runnings for the show. I was surprised that noone else had asked yet honestly.

Also, if someone is going to say that we are not going to get Gameday anymore, please explain why. I'm looking to get some actual informative input on the situation. Thanks.

I get it... you guys are butthurt that we aren't as good as the hype machine made us out to be and we just ran into a buzzsaw of 5 star players with a superior offensive scheme and got embarrassed... but no reason to act like tools on this thread. Take your crying to the vent thread if you have nothing to contribute.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #15
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I dunno about Gameday, but Comedy Central might.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #16
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I personally think that, on a list of 1000 things that we should be worried about if we are Carolina football fans this morning, this is #1001.
Right on spare.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #17
gadeneer1986
4-Star

Male

gadeneer1986 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
This post is funny because you are so sure of yourself but absolutely incorrect. I am not a Clemson fan or a troll. I'm pretty sure my post history makes that obvious if you actually care to look through it.

The OP was an honest question. Everyone was saying we were a "lock" for Gameday if both teams are undefeated, partially because of a mostly barren week 3 slate of games. Well, after the debacle that was the TAMU game, I would like to know if we are still in the runnings for the show. I was surprised that noone else had asked yet honestly.

Also, if someone is going to say that we are not going to get Gameday anymore, please explain why. I'm looking to get some actual informative input on the situation. Thanks.

I get it... you guys are butthurt that we aren't as good as the hype machine made us out to be and we just ran into a buzzsaw of 5 star players with a superior offensive scheme and got embarrassed... but no reason to act like tools on this thread. Take your crying to the vent thread if you have nothing to contribute.
There's a possibility that neither team could be ranked in next week's polls. It looks unlikely that Gameday is coming
gadeneer1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #18
Cocks N Stuff
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Right on spare.
Forgive me. If either of you would like to list off the 1000 things that I should be caring about, please feel free.

Let me guess, I should start by continuing to be butthurt over the fact that a bunch of top 25 recruits just got beat down by top 5 recruits?

I think I would rather just accept it and move on to understanding all of the repercussions of the loss and where we now stand in the world of college football.

Let's completely ignore the fact that a W against UGA is still entirely possible and that doing that during Gameday coverage would be a nice boost/turn-around from this horrid start.

No, no... much better to languish over this TAMU loss and continue whining about how our coaches should be fired, the 3-4 sucked, etc etc... you guys have it all figured out.

My apologies.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #19
Cocks N Stuff
Recruit

Male

I looked over the week 3 schedule again, and it really is barren. I personally think that we could still land Gameday... might even be able to land it with UGA losing to Clemson. It is still a rivalry game and still goes a long way in determining who wins the division. I just don't see any other matchups that can carrry the same amount of interest. JMO, and I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to the specific TV contract workings and such... that's why I posed the question to the others on the board.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #20
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I looked over the week 3 schedule again, and it really is barren. I personally think that we could still land Gameday... might even be able to land it with UGA losing to Clemson. It is still a rivalry game and still goes a long way in determining who wins the division. I just don't see any other matchups that can carrry the same amount of interest. JMO, and I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to the specific TV contract workings and such... that's why I posed the question to the others on the board.
Do you really want gameday for that game? If so, why?

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote