CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
4Runner
robgusc76
gamecockgal
Storm Of Spurs
ReadR00ster
QCB
CBS: SOS to Florida? (2916)
Juco QBs? (1002)
SDS grades the Furma (840)
we can STILL win the (772)
Auburn/USC point spr (622)
Whenever I Get Depre (611)
How do you want Aubu (441)
If the Head Ball Coa (410)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (268)
When did it change ? (201)
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Juco QBs?
2016 - Issac Nauta
Just started playing &quo
CBS: SOS to Florida?
Williams and Mitch
we can STILL win the east
How do you want Auburn to
Auburn/USC point spread
Peyton Manning breaks Bre

Old 08-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU

So normally my wrap up consists of me grading out the various positions, coaching, and intangibles and then giving a brief wrap up of what it all means. I think weíre all pretty aware of the grade level we brought to the season opener, so I thought Iíd do something a little different. As a way of remembering things for my wrap up, I keep an in-game diary going using the notes feature on my phone.

For this wrap-up then, I present my unedited diary entries for your consideration:

4:30pm
Bluff Road, outside the stadium
I canít believe how fast traffic moved. I might start coming in that way all the time from now on. Holy crap that Spurrier banner is huge. Bandís playing, Farmerís Market looks amazing. Game day atmosphere is pumped. Ray Charles just came on Pandora.

5:15pm
Outside stadium
I had an extra single ticket for the game due to a last minute cancellation. Two guys outside the stadium were looking, but didnít want to pay more than $20. Screw both of you.

5:30pm
Upper West
I stand by the seat cushion rental waiting for the guy to come back. An A&M woman and her husband come up and try to rent one from me. I resist the temptation. She has a denim skirt that reaches the floor. We joke about how theyíre free since no oneís here. I tell her that itís a good thing for them both our fanbases are so honest. They decide to leave and come back later. After they leave I grab a chair and scoot.

5:45pm
In seats
Fireworks went off at the wrong time during the Star Spangled Banner. Hope thatís not an omen.

Kickoff
They get the ball first. Good. That means we get the ball first in the second half. Oh, hi kickoff coverage team, still allowing huge runbacks I see.

1st quarter: 14:30
Our defense looks unsettled. We need to bring some pressure on this kid. Crowdís OK, but not as loud as Iíd like. Stupid 6pm kickoff.

1st quarter: 11:30 TAMU 7 USC 0
Well that sucked. No pressure at all up front and the secondary looked tentative. Weíll adjust.

1st quarter: 11:27
All right, our turn! Where the hell is Mike Davis?

1st quarter: 11:00
Dylan needs to settle down, pushing too much. Brandon ran to the wrong gap.

1st quarter: 9:40
Nice punt Tyler!

1st quarter: 7:33
They are methodically ramming the ball down our throats. Our d-line is getting no push at all.

1st quarter: 4:43 TAMU 10 USC 0
Theyíre ball controlling us. I look over at my wife, I donít like the look I get back.

1st quarter: 5:00
Hey! Thereís Mike Davis!

1st quarter: 3:40 TAMU 10 USC 7
Nick Jones just outran their entire defense. Thereís hope for us yet!

1st quarter: 1:54
Finally! A stop! Now we can get the ball back, take the lead and set things right.

END OF THE 1ST QUARTER

2nd quarter: 14:00
That was poor execution. Why arenít we running on these guys? Where was that offensive line we were promised?

2nd quarter: 13:15
Theyíre moving the ball at will. Weíre taking poor angles to the ball, no one is flying to the ball at all once contact is made. Our defensive line is getting mauled.

2nd quarter: 12:00 TAMU 17 USC 7
Judas Priest. People near me are starting to get restless.

2nd quarter: 10:00 TAMU 17 USC 14
Our offensive game plan seems to be, ďgo deep.Ē It's working for the most part. Mike Davis is missing again.

2nd quarter: 7:20 TAMU 24 USC 14
Oh good, a shootout. Just what we wanted.

2nd quarter: 3:35
Weíre our own worse enemy. Dylan is throwing a little high, and our line is getting zero push. Pretty sure I saw Davis in for a play or two. Weíre getting the TEís more involved, but we have to find some way of getting Roland involved.

2nd quarter: 1:20 TAMU 31 USC 14
We just let them go 80 yards in 2 minutes. There is no fight in this team. Weíre getting zero pressure on Hill. Weíre not even making him work for it. Glanced over at the wife. Not a happy place.

WE TRY A 54 YARD FG BECAUSE FOOTBALL IS HARD

Sweet, merciful halftime.

3rd quarter: 14:30
We get the ball first and drive right down the field. What are you, high, of course we donít! We throw three straight incompletions and punt because A&Ms defense is that good, just kidding we suck.

3rd quarter: 11:10 TAMU 38 USC 14
On third and 13 we let a guy run the ball for 23 yards. Let that sink in.

I begin to suspect we wonít come back.

3rd quarter: 7:40 TAMU 38 USC 21
Oh hey, we scored again. Mike Davis is still missing.

3rd quarter: 5:10 TAMU 45 USC 21
We onside kick and miss. Not a bad strategy since it keeps them from getting an extra 40 yards of stats. Clowney has his hands on his hips and is gasping for air.

3rd quarter: 2íish TAMU 45 USC 28
Nick Jones makes an amazing catch. Thank you Nick Jones. Thank you.

3rd quarter: 2íish
Next little bit is a blur. I started watching the bats swoop down after moths. Nature is amazing. I regret my decision to stay sober. Hey! They punted! Iíve watched the Yell Leaders for a bit now, and I gotta say, that if I were an A&M fan publically Iíd say what a great tradition it is, but deep down Iíd have to admit to myself that itís a little gay.

4th quarter: 12:20 TAMU 52 USC 28
Well that was fun. At some point Kenny Hillís arm has to tire.

4th quarter: later
Mike Davis must have ebola. I look over at my wife, I can tell from her face that the best I can hope for is pleasant small talk for a week.

4th quarter: later
They drive it down to our 3. For funsees.

Well. Now.

Yes, I expected a tough game, but I also expected a win. Iím sure that everyoneís in full melt-down mode about now, so Iím not going to pile on other than to say, our defensive problems are real, and if we donít fix them weíre looking at a 7 to 8 win season, maximum.

Hats off to TAMU. They were ready to play, and their offensive line was as good as advertised. Shame we couldnít give them more of a test.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
fuze1027
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
fuze1027 is learning to peck
Default Re: Acock's Wrap Up: TAMU

Nice write up..I laughed, I cried...
fuze1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
ABATTBQ11
Recruit

Male

ABATTBQ11 is learning to peckABATTBQ11 is learning to peck

In Spurrier's defense, I think Mike Davis reinjured his ribs. That's why he was absent most of the game. It's also hard to be a running team and control the clock when you give your offense the ball and they're already behind. It's especially hard when you're trying to come back from 2 scores down.
ABATTBQ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Darn it I just gave points for another post of yours so consider this a promise of more points to you, kinda like the promise that the defense would be so much better than expected...really!
Old 08-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Plus the truth comes out - it was the fireworks' fault
Old 08-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

That was entertaining...would be fun to do this, take notes of how you are feeling during a game so you can go back and remember exactly what you were thinking.

I like the concept.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
Joe
Recruit

Male

Joe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his clawsJoe is sharpening his claws

The part about watching bats eat moths made me lol. I was mad last night about the D but more so shocked I guess that we looked so confused and slow.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

where was Roland?

btw, these are always good for a laugh (or cry)
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:15 PM   #9
Cockyteg
Blue Chip

Male

Cockyteg is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post
In Spurrier's defense, I think Mike Davis reinjured his ribs. That's why he was absent most of the game. It's also hard to be a running team and control the clock when you give your offense the ball and they're already behind. It's especially hard when you're trying to come back from 2 scores down.
he can't stay health, if he think he can make it in the nfl like that he better wake up.
Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #10
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

at "Iíve watched the Yell Leaders for a bit now, and I gotta say, that if I were an A&M fan publically Iíd say what a great tradition it is, but deep down Iíd have to admit to myself that itís a little gay."

Entertaining post, nice job AN!
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
Tater Tom
Blue Chip

Male

Tater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudlyTater Tom is crowing loudly

I enjoyed that more than I thought I would.
Tater Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:36 PM   #12
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I have been waiting for this thread.

I didn't think that this would be my response, but here it is:

spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #13
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I think that report pretty much summed up how everyone else was feeiling too.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #14
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABATTBQ11 View Post

You really can't expect our fanbase to bother to listen to a post game show where Spurrier addressed the ribs...No..that's too simple for our fans..
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #15
highstick
Recruit

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
at "Iíve watched the Yell Leaders for a bit now, and I gotta say, that if I were an A&M fan publically Iíd say what a great tradition it is, but deep down Iíd have to admit to myself that itís a little gay."

Entertaining post, nice job AN!

They sounded like a bunch of retarded bulls that had just been castrated...Duh-huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Is a cheer? It's the danged drone of a mosquito, Aggies! It's even funnier, when they can't hold the "Duh-huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but so long and have to take a breath to continue!

That brought back memories from over 45 years ago with one of my Army roommates who was an Aggie..They were poured from the same mold!
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #16
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Here's your wrap up:

1. They are more talented. Skill players on top of skill players eager to show what they have. Our top skill player has a bruise and chose to sit out. The other had 2 yards.

2. Our guys bought into the offseason talking hype. Thought they could walk out and get the win easy.

3. Sumlin and their OC can coach and that scheme is the future of college football. If you aren't running a similar version up tempo style, then college football is passing you bye.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #17
myrtsmom
Recruit

Female

myrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spursmyrtsmom has earned his spurs

Thanks so much for this! It's the first time that I have laughed or smiled since 2001 was played yesterday afternoon.
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #18
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Thanks Acock, that was fun to read.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

So did you steal the chair rental? Or did the guy come back and you rented one?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #20
Toneski
Walk On

Male

Toneski is learning to peckToneski is learning to peck

Thanks so much Acock.....most enjoyable 2 minutes I've had since the 2nd quarter last night.