CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Carolina-Beez
kevhugh
Cockyteg
eatlighting
Lankey62
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (32604)
Gameday in Columbia (1711)
ECU is a good team (1403)
Why we'll dominate C (1186)
Alabama vs Florida. (1004)
ECU is a good team (974)
Lammons out (955)
Is it possible for o (899)
Spurrier not happy s (856)
Spurrier was Embaras (854)
More David Williams Pleas
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Is it possible for our Sp
Spurrier not happy so why
Spurrier was Embarassed
how could we put up that
Cal-Arizona game, WOW!!!
Where was Wilds late in t
Ducks-Wash St
ECU

Old 08-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws
Default My Observations About USC Football and Campus

A couple days have passed now, and I think I can more objectively give an opinion about our experience in Columbia, SC.

Highs

* I love that USC fans love their team and football.

My biggest gripe about the B12 was how apathetic other schools are when their team stumbles or has a mediocre season. I feel that for the most part, remaining B12 schools are only fair weather fans sticking around during the good times, and bailing during the tough times (save Iowa St...those poor guys seem to really hang around).

We were just nearing Augusta and stopped to get gas. The clerk saw my hat, and said, "you guys should git back to Texas...". That is awesome!

* Campus is very nice.

We parked at the fair grounds and walked to the Russell Center. There were a lot of food options, and this is something I think A&M should improve as well. USC and LSU both have lots of options in their student center. We walked around outside to check out the scenery and strolled through some central shaded pavilion. I don't recall the name, but it was very scenic.

* Columbia is a good size town and there seems to be plenty of places to eat and drink.

Previously I looked up stats and said CS was nearly as big as Columbia. Maybe this is true due to the size of A&M the student body, but Columbia, SC feels far more substantial. You guys have an actual downtown with big businesses. A&M is not like that at all. Our stuff is spread out all over, and comes off as a town that was built up around the college. This still may be true for USC, but downtown and college go hand-in-hand. We had some sandwiches at Southern Belly BBQ near the fairgrounds, and it was awesome. Texas, for the most part, does really simple brisket or pork sandwiches. The D'Jango at Southern Belly had pork, bacon, jalapenos, spicy relish....it was just pure awesomeness.

* The folks that came out to see midnight yell were mostly inquisitive and just wanted to see what was going on. I appreciate people wanting to see the visiting team's traditions, even if it isn't a pep-rally for USC.

* Williams Brice

The HD screen is awesome

Lows

*Midnight Yell opposition

I'm perfectly fine with people coming (students really....) and yelling against us or razzing us. Arkansas did it and kept doing their pig call. It was all in good fun. However, I think the students crossed the line when they started chanting, "f*ck those aggies! f*ck those aggies!". I know adults don't really control what they do, but I expected better of the students. It really just comes off low-class and most Aggies thought the same.

*Class

Twice while we were walking around campus, my wife and I heard students riding in their cars or back of their trucks yell "f*ck you Aggies!" or "Suck our Cocks!". Again, it just shows how low class some of the students are. I know bad apples are in every group of students (including A&M), but I was really surprised by how many people we spoke with that had similar stories when walking around the town. We didn't even get that treatment from LSU fans.

*Gameday & Williams Brice

I didn't know anything about WB before coming to the game, but USC fans painted this incredible picture of how raucous and loud it was going to be. Your sound system is loud. That is it. The fans do not know how to really get into the game. I said this before, but it was sort of funny to listen to the fans attempt to get a "game" "cocks" chant going without help from the cheerleaders. Frankly, the cheerleaders should have been doing that more often, and they didn't. This is why we have yell leaders, and even when our yell leaders fail to step up, we've got a guy (Visor Guy...I'm not kidding) to lead us. I know the air got sucked out pretty quickly when USC was playing from behind from the get-go. Plus, it was a Thursday game, so it may have something to do with that too. All I'm saying is that a lot of hype was generated and y'all failed to deliver big time. LSU, Mizzou, A&M, and Arkansas were all louder than WB. Only Ole Miss might be below USC.

The tailgating scene left a lot to be desired. There was very little tail gating among campus itself, and this makes sense because the stadium is far away. That being said, it doesn't feel the same when you've got a disconnect between the campus and stadium tailgating. However, the fairgrounds do provide a very large and open area, so logistically it works out well.

The concessions at WB are not great. They remind me of what A&M offered 5-10 yrs ago. They need to go to electronic point of sale systems and actually bring in higher quality items...burgers, chick-fil-a, etc.

Traffic. Most USC fans were gone by the beginning of the 4th quarter. I didn't even get out of traffic until 1145pm. This isn't a massive surprise, since Arkansas and Ole Miss were just as bad. A&M and LSU actually do a decent job.

Summary: Like the town, the campus, the love of football. However, USC students came off rude, USC alumn come off incredibly Cocky (go figure...) and gave A&M absolutely no respect. I thought we'd possibly win a close game by maybe 3 points. Delivering that epic beat down at WB and breaking your 18 game home winning streak was well deserved after hearing so much garbage come from the USC side. You guys will get a chance to give us some payback next year, but I think our defense will be improved and we'll curb stomp you again.

Last edited by evan_aggie; 08-30-2014 at 03:32 PM.
evan_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material
Default Re: My Observations About USC Football and Campus

Nice review of your experience but did you actually think aTm was going to be well received with that stunt Wednesday night, all that managed to do was wear out your welcome real quick. Hopefully the next time you guys come up here you take the nonsense elsewhere.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

It's hardly the optimal environment in Williams Brice when the Gamecocks are getting their a$$ handed to them, so your criticism there falls flat.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
spurman14
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 600
spurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talonsspurman14 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_aggie View Post
A couple days have passed now, and I think I can more objectively give an opinion about our experience in Columbia, SC.

Highs

My biggest gripe about the B12 was how apathetic other schools are when their team stumbles or has a mediocre season. I feel that for the most part, remaining B12 schools are only fair weather fans sticking around during the good times, and bailing during the tough times (save Iowa St...those poor guys seem to really hang around).

We were just nearing Augusta and stopped to get gas. The clerk saw my hat, and said, "you guys should git back to Texas...". That is awesome!

* Campus is very nice.

We parked at the fair grounds and walked to the Russell Center. There were a lot of food options, and this is something I think A&M should improve as well. USC and LSU both have lots of options in their student center. We walked around outside to check out the scenery and strolled through some central shaded pavilion. I don't recall the name, but it was very scenic.

* Columbia is a good size town and there seems to be plenty of places to eat and drink.

Previously I looked up stats and said CS was nearly as big as Columbia. Maybe this is true due to the size of A&M the student body, but Columbia, SC feels far more substantial. You guys have an actual downtown with big businesses. A&M is not like that at all. Our stuff is spread out all over, and comes off as a town that was built up around the college. This still may be true for USC, but downtown and college go hand-in-hand. We had some sandwiches at Southern Belly BBQ near the fairgrounds, and it was awesome. Texas, for the most part, does really simple brisket or pork sandwiches. The D'Jango at Southern Belly had pork, bacon, jalapenos, spicy relish....it was just pure awesomeness.

* The folks that came out to see midnight yell were mostly inquisitive and just wanted to see what was going on. I appreciate people wanting to see the visiting team's traditions, even if it isn't a pep-rally for USC.

* Williams Brice

The HD screen is awesome

Lows

I'm perfectly fine with people coming (students really....) and yelling against us or razzing us. Arkansas did it and kept doing their pig call. It was all in good fun. However, I think the students crossed the line when they started chanting, "f*ck those aggies! f*ck those aggies!". I know adults don't really control what they do, but I expected better of the students. It really just comes off low-class and most Aggies thought the same.

*Class

Twice while we were walking around campus, my wife and I heard students riding in their cars or back of their trucks yell "f*ck you Aggies!" or "Suck our Cocks!". Again, it just shows how low class some of the students are. I know bad apples are in every group of students (including A&M), but I was really surprised by how many people we spoke with that had similar stories when walking around the town. We didn't even get that treatment from LSU fans.

I didn't know anything about WB before coming to the game, but USC fans painted this incredible picture of how raucous and loud it was going to be. Your sound system is loud. That is it. The fans do not know how to really get into the game. I said this before, but it was sort of funny to listen to the fans attempt to get a "game" "cocks" chant going without help from the cheerleaders. Frankly, the cheerleaders should have been doing that more often, and they didn't. This is why we have yell leaders, and even when our yell leaders fail to step up, we've got a guy (Visor Guy...I'm not kidding) to lead us. I know the air got sucked out pretty quickly when USC was playing from behind from the get-go. Plus, it was a Thursday game, so it may have something to do with that too. All I'm saying is that a lot of hype was generated and y'all failed to deliver big time. LSU, Mizzou, A&M, and Arkansas were all louder than WB. Only Ole Miss might be below USC.

The tailgating scene left a lot to be desired. There was very little tail gating among campus itself, and this makes sense because the stadium is far away. That being said, it doesn't feel the same when you've got a disconnect between the campus and stadium tailgating. However, the fairgrounds do provide a very large and open area, so logistically it works out well.

The concessions at WB suck. They remind me of what A&M offered 5-10 yrs ago. They need to go to electronic point of sale systems and actually bring in higher quality items...burgers, chick-fil-a, etc.

Summary: Like the town, the campus, the love of football. However, USC students came off rude, USC alumn come off incredibly Cocky (go figure...) and gave A&M absolutely no respect. I thought we'd possibly win a close game by maybe 3 points. Delivering that epic beat down at WB and breaking your 18 game home winning streak was well deserved after hearing so much garbage come from the USC side. You guys will get a chance to give us some payback next year, but I think our defense will be improved and we'll curb stomp you again.
Thanks for the few kind words, now with that said

Take your team, and your win, and GTFO.

Seems to me that ONLY two teams fans in the nation (clemson, and now it appears A&M) have shit to talk about. Coincedence? I think not. Y'all wore your welcome out before the game even started. There are a million other places this "yell" could've take. Place yet u do it on our state house steps. What the hell do u think is gonna happen? That left a lot of bad blood from the get go.

"If the army and the navy, ever gazed on heaven's scenes, they'd find the streets are guarded by United States Marines."

- Semper Fi
spurman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Midnight Yell- As far as class, I consider it classless to stand on our state house steps and hurl insults about our state, town and school. What sort of response do you expect? Neither side was classy in that regard, so stop acting offended.

As for the rest, I agree with most of what you wrote. Crowd was quieter than usual due to the way the game unfolded, but having gone to all the other SEC stadiums I agree that we are not even close to being among the loudest. I also think our tailgating suffers from being off-campus

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
eklypised
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1467
eklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPiteklypised rules the CockPit

Ya man you can't come to the capital of another state and do your pep rally on the steps of their damn state house and think that your not gonna hear some heckles from people..I saw that as disrespectful as sh *t...could have done it somewhere else...idk if y'all do that at every away game that's in a states capital...
eklypised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #7
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Midnight Yell might have worked because of exactly what you stated...apathetic teams you faced in the Big 12. We don't play that shit in the SEC. Do it before you leave Texas.

...YET, you feel you deserve some class and respect from our fans with a stunt like that? We don't care "that you've been doing it forever and it's tradition." Your tradition means shit to us in our house. Why is this so hard to get through your skulls?

Also, of course the fans weren't as into the game...they were shellshocked just as much as the team. We expected to win the game and not have your rookie QB play well as he did. Sure most of the fans were in somewhat of a daze.

If you looked for tailgating on campus...you didn't research much, huh?

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #8
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:

Highs

* Campus is very nice.

* Williams Brice

The HD screen is awesome

Lows

*Class

The concessions at WB suck. They remind me of what A&M offered 5-10 yrs ago. They need to go to electronic point of sale systems and actually bring in higher quality items...burgers, chick-fil-a, etc.

I can't figure you out. You seem alright in some of your posts and then others not so much. I know for a fact you called someone out in the past for complaining about A&M fans being disrespectful while being disrespectful himself. You also called him out for grammar. Yet here you talk about low class fans but you don't know when to stop with yours and lack class. Also going to point out tailgating is one word all the time not just sometimes since you wanted to call the guy out for its when it should have been a contraction. Y'all sucked the energy out of willy b for sure but a 6pm Thursday definitely effected the crowd as well as the tailgating scene. Two years from now hopefully it will be another story. Hope y'all have a good year and hope we fix our defensive issues. Believe you are a legit A&M fan not a tater in disguise.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
drumboy
Walk On

Male

drumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spursdrumboy has earned his spurs

I agree that yelling "F___ you" at anyone is classless. I'm embarrassed on behalf of our fan base. Doing your midnight yell on our statehouse steps was bound to bring out the worst in our students, and it did. I wish you had chosen a different place in Columbia. I'm just glad there was no violence. That said, we should have been classy regardless of what your fans did.

I also agree that the cheerleaders should have kept cheering throughout the game, win or lose. That bothered me as well. I looked down there and saw them standing around. What's up with that? They're there to be an encouragement to the fans so that the fans will be an encouragement to the team. The second half was very quiet. It's not usually like that in WBS.
drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #10
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

6pm on a Thursday does not lend itself to a major environment (neither does getting your a** handed to you) ... idk people want to yell F-U whoever but drunk college kids are dumb
Old 08-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Stand on our state house steps and talk about Sherman burning the city and you don't expect to get crap?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #12
CockRoche
ADIDAS

Male

CockyCash: 50600
CockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot material

Your midnight yell crap is stupid. Is it tradition? If you say so, but it is a stupid one and y'all shouldn't expect anything but the opposing fans to respect it or act 'classy' towards it. I also still don't care what anybody says about our tailgating areas. I've been to a few places that had the small lot tailgating among areas with trees and honestly I prefer the big, wide open spaces.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:43 PM   #13
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Stand on our state house steps and talk about Sherman burning the city and you don't expect to get crap?
There should be more than just Gamecock fans that have a problem with this. Keep that crap in Texas.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #14
Nuke LaLoosh
UFC ON THE SIDELINE

Male

Nuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spurs

Quote:

Highs

* Campus is very nice.

* Williams Brice

The HD screen is awesome

Lows

*Class

My Observations About TAMU Football and Campus

Continue to redefine your world as you see it!

Nuke LaLoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #15
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

You are absolutely delusional. Seriously. You think that the midnight yell is supposed to be sacrosanct? It's obnoxious to do. I don't mind you having your traditions, but when your tradition is specifically designed to crap over the university and/or state, do you seriously expect people to be passive about it?

It's clear you don't really have a firm grasp on reality.

Your team won. Congrats. Now, you and your fan base are being 100% as classless as any of our fans. I'm sorry your team was disrespected, but at least some of us have the sportsmanship to admit it. You're just disguising your lack of sportsmanship in a critique of ours. It's ironic and a bit naive.

I recommend you excuse yourself from further opinions on the class and character of our university until your university demonstrates a modicum of the same.
Ballpoint Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #16
sunbeam
Recruit

Male

sunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talonssunbeam has developed his gaff and talons

Look this is just a guess on my part, but I imagine we will have very few people going to College Station next year.

For one thing, there just aren't that many people here that make enough money to decide to drop a couple k on plane tickets, hotel, and other expenses to go to that game on a whim.

The ones that do are usually geriatric, and unless they decide to load up the Winnebago and road trip, we aren't going to have many overland drivers.

Students? They also in general don't have the same amount of discretionary cash A&M students no doubt get from their parents in Dallas or Houston. So they aren't flying.

A road trip to College Station? What is that, like a 20+ hour drive? To go to College Station? I'm sure one or two will do it, but it isn't going to be like going to Knoxville, Gainesville, or Athens.

So we'll have low attendance there. Additionally...

I was stoked to see A&M join the conference for TV markets, and for the teams that recruit Texas to have games there. But let's face it, I have probably paid less attention to your program than you have ours over the years. Our mediocrity was at least epic and we had a compelling story. Still do actually.

So long and short, I wish there was some way to drop you guys for LSU. A great program, with great recruiting grounds. A tough, incredibly difficult game to win every year.

But you know? It's freaking close to New Orleans. That is all the reason in the world to cut class for a couple days either side of the weekend and party your gongs off. It is a good reason to reach into the bank and shell out cash for those plane tickets.

College Station? Not so much.

And let's face it. I am conditioned to think of LSU as a big game, an awesome opponent to play.

A&M? Just not stoked or it. To be honest I could care less about playing that other team in your state as well. Distance does make a difference, the whole thing is just meh to me. I didn't follow you guys when you had Manziel, other than watch the Bama and LSU games. So why would I change now?

Hopefully one fine day these fixed opponents will go away, and we go to your site only every 5 years or something.

Be honest. Are you any more into this rivalry than I am? You are a fan of your school, as I am of mine. Only from my perspective you are more of a yoke, than a fun game every year. A team with great recruiting grounds that is going to be tough to beat, yet another SEC team we start out behind talentwise before we hit the field (as if we needed another one). I guess we look more attractive as an opponent to you though, than playing Florida or Georgia.

And if we do win, so what? It's not like it will be as enjoyable as beating Georgia or Florida, or as epic as somehow beating Bama, Auburn, or LSU. It'll be more like, "Whew, well that POS is over for another year. At least they come to us next year."
sunbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #17
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Yeah that yell practice or whatever it's called is ok, but don't do it on our statehouse steps..that is frankly idiotic and I'm surprised someone's ass didn't get kicked...we take a lot of pride in our heritage around here and that was just disrespectful.

I'm glad you had a good time though, Columbia usually doesn't get much credit, but it really is a pretty cool city. As for the game day experience, I find our night games to be the most electric, which is probably true for most schools as well. Williams Brice can be a tough place if everyone is into the game. I think after that first drive we could tell this was gonna be a tough one to win...hard to get the crowd into it when you're getting you ass kicked. I've been to a few games where I thought the place was going to collapse it was so loud. Anyway, I think this will be a fun cross divisional rivalry now that every gamecock pretty much hates A&M for the yell practice thing. Good luck to your team the rest of the year and I hope some how we can meet you guys in Atlanta.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #18
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

evan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his clawsevan_aggie is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
You are absolutely delusional. Seriously. You think that the midnight yell is supposed to be sacrosanct? It's obnoxious to do. I don't mind you having your traditions, but when your tradition is specifically designed to crap over the university and/or state, do you seriously expect people to be passive about it?

It's clear you don't really have a firm grasp on reality.

Your team won. Congrats. Now, you and your fan base are being 100% as classless as any of our fans. I'm sorry your team was disrespected, but at least some of us have the sportsmanship to admit it. You're just disguising your lack of sportsmanship in a critique of ours. It's ironic and a bit naive.

I recommend you excuse yourself from further opinions on the class and character of our university until your university demonstrates a modicum of the same.
We had been going to the capitol in Austin for 50+ yrs doing the same thing. Did I choose the location in Columbia? No. I agree that they probably could have picked a better spot. I said that in the first thread about "let's disrupt midnight yell".

But don't use that as some justification to return a favor and yell **** you or suck my cock to my wife and I while walking around on campus. I realize *YOU* didn't say that, but the classless students sure as hell did.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #19
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Your midnight yell crap is stupid. Is it tradition? If you say so, but it is a stupid one
You can call it stupid. At least it is tradition for us, since 1932. How about Sandstorm? That is literally all I know about your traditions, and that started in 2006.

Again, I'm not going to disagree with the capitol steps. I support folks coming out and creating that 50/50 split.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
evan_aggie
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
Nice review of your experience but did you actually think aTm was going to be well received with that stunt Wednesday night, all that managed to do was wear out your welcome real quick. Hopefully the next time you guys come up here you take the nonsense elsewhere.
Right...good justification to be jackasses.

At least we see each other in the same light: we're taters/Clemson folk, and you are a rung below LSU. I'll go to Bama, Auburn, and Miss St this year and re-rank then.