CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
Kentucky prediction (2105)
Just Booked my Hotel (1409)
Best position coach (824)
Waldrop doubtful for (810)
The New Idea That'll (713)
So What? (699)
We Have A New KO Guy (573)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (444)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (276)
So What? (272)
Best position coach or co
I'm over the loss, but...
QB Recruiting Strategy
We Have A New KO Guy
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Thoughts on the basketbal
2016 - Rozelle Nix
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
What fish do you eat
Waldrop doubtful for Kent

Old 09-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
KLUCAS
Jack Leggett's NIGHTMARE

Male

CockyCash: 800
KLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudly
Default Under Armour Staff Polos

Instead of responding to the PM's, I figured this would be easier:

Under Armour Staff Polo's arrived yesterday:
http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00627/Product

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00634/Product

There's three different styles of polo's in the Sideline Collection this year from Under Armour, however this is the one Coach Spurrier will be wearing.

Thanks!

#BeatECU

SHOP ONLINE @ WWW.GARNETANDBLACKTRADITIONS.COM
YOUR HEADQUARTERS FOR EVERYTHING GARNET AND BLACK

KLUCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705
Default Re: Under Armour Staff Polos

Thank goodness they came out with something else....that first sideline polo that came out was hideous.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
KLUCAS
Jack Leggett's NIGHTMARE

Male

KLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudlyKLUCAS is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
Thank goodness they came out with something else....that first sideline polo that came out was hideous.
I like the Staff one, but my favorite is the "Snap Polo," it's by far the most comfortable shirt UA has ever made!

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00612/Product

Old 09-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

$80 for a polo? No thanks
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

No offense to G&BT, but those polos are so over priced!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #6
Talon1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Talon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervousTalon1 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Those prices will come down dramatically, after A&M beat down. With the product the coaches put on the field Thursday, I would be tempted to ask for a refund.
Talon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
KLUCAS
Jack Leggett's NIGHTMARE

Male

Quote:
No offense taken, Under Armour does the price fixing along w/ distribution. As a retailer & consumer we're at their mercy when it comes to price/selection/delivery.

However, if you shop name brands like Under Armour, Nike, Ping, Cutter & Buck, etc. all are comparable IMO.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #8
KLUCAS
Jack Leggett's NIGHTMARE

Male

I quickly remembered why I got away from posting on here....I'll continue to send PM's to those w/ questions.....1000x apologies

Old 09-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #9
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1705674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLUCAS View Post
No offense taken, Under Armour does the price fixing along w/ distribution. As a retailer & consumer we're at their mercy when it comes to price/selection/delivery.

However, if you shop name brands like Under Armour, Nike, Ping, Cutter & Buck, etc. all are comparable IMO.
This is true, under armour uses a minimum pricing policy on their "current" offerings, if the retailer is caught advertising below this price they can lose the rights to sell under armour branded stuff.

Quote:
I quickly remembered why I got away from posting on here....I'll continue to send PM's to those w/ questions.....1000x apologies
No apologies needed my man, don't take it personal. Fwiw I think most stuff today is overpriced for the quality you get, it's not like these shirts are hand sewn or anything, it's .50 worth of material, prob less than $1 in equipment use and labor, another .50 worth of storage/distubution and the other $78 is the name. Like you said, it's the same thing with every "premium" brand.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #10
KLUCAS
Jack Leggett's NIGHTMARE

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
This is true, under armour uses a minimum pricing policy on their "current" offerings, if the retailer is caught advertising below this price they can lose the rights to sell under armour branded stuff.

No apologies needed my man, don't take it personal. Fwiw I think most stuff today is overpriced for the quality you get, it's not like these shirts are hand sewn or anything, it's .50 worth of material, prob less than $1 in equipment use and labor, another .50 worth of storage/distubution and the other $78 is the name. Like you said, it's the same thing with every "premium" brand.

This wasn't for you, I completely agree!

Old 09-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #11
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Wow I wouldn't post over here either if I were you KLUCAS. Do ya'll go and complain to Best Buy for pricing video games too high? As if they have any choice whatsoever.

With that said, the new Staff Polos are sweeeeet. Wish I had known they were gonna come out with it before I got the Sideline Polo!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #12
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Love your stuff - been building up an order and will pull the trigger soon
Old 09-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #13
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 498700
mpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPitmpilot0705 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Sorry they ran you off. I've had the last 3 staff polos. For those of you who haven't bought the UA stuff it is well worth the cost in my opinion. I have my sideline polo from 3 years ago that hasn't faded, shrunk, etc. The only downfall with any of that sport type material you have to look out for snags but that's about all that will hurt these shirts. Please don't let a few bad apples that complain about prices run you off. I know you wish you could sell (and buy for that matter) the Ping, UA, etc stuff cheaper but you have to abide by MAP.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 AM   #14
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Yeah, those types of polos are expensive everywhere, not just G&BT. I'm still wearing a ClimaCool one I bought when it was on sale at the golf course I was working at...I needed two discounts to get me to pull the trigger
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #15
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

I worked in retail for a long time, I understand the pricing. I just wonder if pricing like that hurts the stores? comparison, look at the golf industry and Dick's/Golf Galaxy.

Anyway I didn't mean to derail the thread or upset you from posting. Whenever I amin Columbia I go and buy gear the G&BT.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #16
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Everything UA makes is terribly overpriced.

And I wasn't knocking G&B. I shop there all the time.

I had a cousin that worked in Nike corporate who was pretty high up. Their mark up on everything is insane too.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #17
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Wow I wouldn't post over here either if I were you KLUCAS. Do ya'll go and complain to Best Buy for pricing video games too high? As if they have any choice whatsoever.

With that said, the new Staff Polos are sweeeeet. Wish I had known they were gonna come out with it before I got the Sideline Polo!

I agree, people should not complain to the retailer- but i can understand why they do. its not like anyone can complain directly to Under Armor. No, I don't think sending an email to some corporate feedback inbox feels "the same"
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #18
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post

Again not trying to derail the thread, or attacking/complaining to KLucas at all, but to answer your question, not buying UA products is infact a way of complaining about their prices. Which in my last post said why I have issue with those prices, for the retailer.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #19
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
I like the Staff one, but my favorite is the "Snap Polo," it's by far the most comfortable shirt UA has ever made!

http://www.garnetandblacktraditions....A00612/Product
This one is sweet !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #20
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

It's not the retailer's fault. Most of these types of these shirts are too expensive. At $50 I'd get one, but no thanks at $80. You can pick up some off brands for half the price and look almost as good.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote