CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (856)
Call of Duty: Advanc (533)
Good Riddance to bad (468)
Keeping tailgate foo (321)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (292)
Bashing Players, coa (225)
The Comeback & T (217)
An A to Z of Noah We (212)
Wallpaper & Back (106)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (99)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 09-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous
Default The Top 10 Things I like about USC

Contrary to the opinion of some here, I didn't join the board to stir things up, only to discuss a little football. I did probably PO some guy named Lemon in a thread by calling him Liz Lemon several times, but he was being pretty obnoxious. In the interest of fan unity, here are the top 10 things I like about USC.

1. Clemson rivalry. It's one of the most heated and antagonistic in college football.
2. Fan loyalty. Who wouldn't be impressed with a team going 0-11 two years in a row and still putting 80k in the stands week after week?
3. Brad Edwards. I don't know how many here remember him, but he worked in the office next to mine for a couple of years. Great guy. I'm sorry his career in the USC athletics department didn't work out.
4. Friends who are fans. Some of my closest friends are USC fans. One woman is the most rabid fan that I know of any sport.
5. Willingness to schedule ECU. You guys would play us when our sister schools in NC refused. Heck, you even came to Greenville a few times.
6. Tailgating. We have a pretty great tailgating scene, but you guys take it to another level with your private lots, live music, bathrooms, bars, TVs, etc. And I've never even been in a Cockaboose, although a friend from here owns one.
7. The State of SC. I've had some great times there -- upstate, downstate, Myrtle Beach, the Ryder Cup, etc.
8. 1999 hospitality. You guys let us stick around for a week's practice after we beat you in 1999 and couldn't get back to Greenville due to devastating flooding from Hurricane Floyd. We had to play Miami the following week in Raleigh and pulled out one of our greatest victories over the ninth-ranked Hurricanes.
9. Cocks. It's pretty funny the way you embrace your name, and there's something kind of sexy about a good-looking girl hollering "Go Cocks!" over and over.
10. Carolina. It annoys the crap out of UNC fans that you have the audacity to call yourselves "Carolina." I can't tell you how many times I've heard holes fans declare that they are the "real" Carolina. Anything that annoys the holes is good by me.

Here's to a good game on Saturday.
Kyle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit
Default Re: The Top 10 Things I like about USC

Quick question -- why is it that fans of other schools think we honestly care whether they like us, our school, our teams, our coaches, our players, our campus, etc, etc.?

Here's a quick hint -- we don't.

Seriously.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Quick question -- why is it that fans of other schools think we honestly care whether they like us, our school, our teams, our coaches, our players, our campus, etc, etc.?

Seriously.
dude why are you always so grumpy?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #4
BoobyScoot
Walk On

Male

BoobyScoot has hatched from the shell

Quote:

Seriously.
Excuse that dude. Some people just don't know how to take a compliment. I hope most Gamecock fans will enjoy your post and be proud that there are reasons for visitors to like our state, university, athletic program, and tailgate atmosphere.

Thank Kyle76

BoobyScoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:

Seriously.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #6
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Kyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervousKyle76 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoobyScoot View Post
Excuse that dude. Some people just don't know how to take a compliment. I hope most Gamecock fans will enjoy your post and be proud that there are reasons for visitors to like our state, university, athletic program, and tailgate atmosphere.

Thank Kyle76

Ha! No problem. I dig his icon.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
CockyInTexas
Deadpool

Male

CockyCash: 250
CockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
dude why are you always so grumpy?
Grumpy is NOT the word I had in mind...

2014 Capital One Bowl Champions!

Thank you Connor!
CockyInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #8
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post
Contrary to the opinion of some here, I didn't join the board to stir things up, only to discuss a little football. I did probably PO some guy named Lemon in a thread by calling him Liz Lemon several times, but he was being pretty obnoxious. In the interest of fan unity, here are the top 10 things I like about USC.

1. Clemson rivalry. It's one of the most heated and antagonistic in college football.
2. Fan loyalty. Who wouldn't be impressed with a team going 0-11 two years in a row and still putting 80k in the stands week after week?
3. Brad Edwards. I don't know how many here remember him, but he worked in the office next to mine for a couple of years. Great guy. I'm sorry his career in the USC athletics department didn't work out.
4. Friends who are fans. Some of my closest friends are USC fans. One woman is the most rabid fan that I know of any sport.
5. Willingness to schedule ECU. You guys would play us when our sister schools in NC refused. Heck, you even came to Greenville a few times.
6. Tailgating. We have a pretty great tailgating scene, but you guys take it to another level with your private lots, live music, bathrooms, bars, TVs, etc. And I've never even been in a Cockaboose, although a friend from here owns one.
7. The State of SC. I've had some great times there -- upstate, downstate, Myrtle Beach, the Ryder Cup, etc.
8. 1999 hospitality. You guys let us stick around for a week's practice after we beat you in 1999 and couldn't get back to Greenville due to devastating flooding from Hurricane Floyd. We had to play Miami the following week in Raleigh and pulled out one of our greatest victories over the ninth-ranked Hurricanes.
9. Cocks. It's pretty funny the way you embrace your name, and there's something kind of sexy about a good-looking girl hollering "Go Cocks!" over and over.
10. Carolina. It annoys the crap out of UNC fans that you have the audacity to call yourselves "Carolina." I can't tell you how many times I've heard holes fans declare that they are the "real" Carolina. Anything that annoys the holes is good by me.

Good stuff man. As a lifelong USC fan as well as alum- appreciate the kind words.

I've spent a decent amount of time in the Raleigh area and some small towns between Raleigh and the coast- interesting and good people, fun times.

BTW- cultural tip; its 'lowcountry' not 'downstate'
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #9
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Ha! No problem. I dig his icon.
He doesn't care. Seriously. You'd think with the skull and sort of cross bones that he'd be kinder to a pirate.

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #10
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Quote:

Seriously.
Wow. Nice guy. We aren't all like that.

Seriously.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #11
TrueGarnet
Under NCAA Investigation

Male

CockyCash: 9975200
TrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPitTrueGarnet rules the CockPit

Quote:

Seriously.
'Section 509 guy, wearing the camo shirt'.....is that you?
Old 09-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #12
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
He doesn't care. Seriously. You'd think with the skull and sort of cross bones that he'd be kinder to a pirate.

Maybe his Roger isn't so Jolly.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #13
makingitdrizzle
Walk On

Male

makingitdrizzle has hatched from the shell

Quote:

Seriously.
This clown needs a hug....
makingitdrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #14
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:

6. Tailgating. We have a pretty great tailgating scene, but you guys take it to another level with your bathrooms.

Who would have thought bathrooms were such a big deal
Old 09-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #15
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I just want to Question the Real Carolina/Fake Carolina thing.

Southern Cal goes by USC, but we say we are the Real USC because we were a school first.

UNC goes by Carolina and they were a school before us.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #16
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post

Southern Cal goes by USC, but we say we are the Real USC because we were a school first.

Whoever wins the most that year is the real one. Just how it goes. Legally its just a bunch of bs.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #17
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Whoever wins the most that year is the real one. Just how it goes. Legally its just a bunch of bs.
Does it go by season or one sport?
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #18
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not really sure.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #19
Kyle76
Pirate

Male

Quote:
There is really only one sport for 90% of UNC fans. I'll give you an example. One of my good friends went to UNC. He lives and dies by the basketball team. He couldn't care less about football. His daughter went to USC, and now he follows Gamecock football and baseball much more closely than his own alma mater.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

Quote:

This isn't accurate. Southern Cal and North Carolina were nationally relevant athletic programs in the 50s-60s when college sports really started to take off nationally. The media called them by those nicknames for obvious reasons. It's the same with Ohio State's OSU (which many other universities claim) and Michigan State with MSU (which when I see it I always think Mississippi state). If we had been a national power in those days it's likely that this wouldn't be a topic of discussion.

The other reason they have those nicknames is because they started branding themselves before we did. First come first serve. That said, we are USC and Carolina. We were USC first, and we have called ourselves Carolina since the beginning. It's in our alma mater. It's on our logo. It's in our blood. I run into NC fans quite often, and I always explain that regardless of what they think we are Carolina too.

Oh, and we are SC. So Cal can go screw themselves on that one. Ask anyone in the nation what SC is an abbreviation for and everyone will give you the same answer unless you live in Los Angeles.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote