CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
carolina_corpsman
Master Bedroom
thekob
Spur's Addiction
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
USCBatgirl21
The Yancey
Blitzkrieg
Plenty of tickets (1174)
Pictures of the Falc (626)
Are you one of those (363)
I'm loving the playe (278)
Gamecock Media Avail (178)
Clearing land (154)
Shirt for the season (143)
THE Jake Bentley.. (0)
THE Jake Bentley..
Felder Arrested
PODCAST: 2017 Predictions
Been away for a while, bu
Plenty of tickets
I'm loving the player int
Official Countdown Thread
Shirt for the season
Jamarcus King making huge
Gamecock Media Availabili

Old 03-20-2017, 11:59 AM   #1
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 500
CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material
Default Points will be at a premium on Friday

Baylor ranks 21st in scoring defense, allowing 63.5 points per game. We come in at 32, allowing 65.2. We had an offensive renaissance against Marquette and Duke who rank 256th and 117th, respectively. But it is unlikely that we'll find points as easy to come by against Baylor, who can go toe-to-toe with us defensively. We've won our first two games largely on the weight of dynamic second halves in both games but will probably need to put it together and play a complete game from buzzer to buzzer in this one. This one looks to be an ugly, defensive contest.

Side note, Baylor's tournament contests have closely mirrored ours (winning 91-73 and 82-78 vs 93-73 and 88-81 for us.).
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:06 PM   #2
gAmkok
Let's get started already

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material
Default Re: Points will be at a premium on Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
Baylor ranks 21st in scoring defense, allowing 63.5 points per game. We come in at 32, allowing 65.2. We had an offensive renaissance against Marquette and Duke who rank 256th and 117th, respectively. But it is unlikely that we'll find points as easy to come by against Baylor, who can go toe-to-toe with us defensively. We've won our first two games largely on the weight of dynamic second halves in both games but will probably need to put it together and play a complete game from buzzer to buzzer in this one. This one looks to be an ugly, defensive contest.

Side note, Baylor's tournament contests have closely mirrored ours (winning 91-73 and 82-78 vs 93-73 and 88-81 for us.).
Looks like a good matchup and should be an entertaining game. Regardless of the slight edge Baylor appears to have, I'll take our guys' (and particularly Sin's) effort and tenacity in this kind of game any day. It'll probably be close, but I think we'll get it done.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I can guarantee one thing...We aint scared...
Old 03-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Nor should they be at this point. One thing that will be an adjustment is the crowd. We really did have home court advantage in our first two games and the team undoubtedly fed of the energy of the crowd. It was downright electric in the 2nd half last night. I'm sure we'll travel well, but it still won't be anything close to what we experienced in Greenville.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #5
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nor should they be at this point. One thing that will be an adjustment is the crowd. We really did have home court advantage in our first two games and the team undoubtedly fed of the energy of the crowd. It was downright electric in the 2nd half last night. I'm sure we'll travel well, but it still won't be anything close to what we experienced in Greenville.
..What eva .....You need to look at our recent history at The Garden. We own that place...
Old 03-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

Quote:
..What eva .....You need to look at our recent history at The Garden. We own that place...
Whatever we've done in the NIT or whatever has nothing to do with Baylor having as stout a defense as ours.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #7
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
There is a pretty big population of Carolina Alums in NY, really in the whole NY, NJ, MA, PA area. Not to mention its a short flight and even within a days drive. I wouldn't be shocked to see large contingent of Gamecock fans there. Plus it's NY, easy to make a nice 3-day weekend out of the trip.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #8
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

Quote:
Whatever we've done in the NIT or whatever has nothing to do with Baylor having as stout a defense as ours.
..Yea it does...We have 3 players that have been on that court numerous times...They know the place and have played well there....Baylor is a better team than us but I dont think they are as physical as we are...
Old 03-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #9
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

We have as good a shot as anyone to come out of the bracket...thats pretty damn exciting
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #10
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I'm seeing a 3.5 point spread and about a 40% chance for USC to win.

If I had time, I would love to go back and watch the Baylor/WVU games.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #11
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
There is a pretty big population of Carolina Alums in NY, really in the whole NY, NJ, MA, PA area. Not to mention its a short flight and even within a days drive. I wouldn't be shocked to see large contingent of Gamecock fans there. Plus it's NY, easy to make a nice 3-day weekend out of the trip.
No doubt. I expect a strong showing, but it simply can't be as pro-Carolina as a game 90 miles away from campus.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #12
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Our games have mirrored Baylor's but not the competition. As a #3 seed, they got to play a #14 and an #11 seed. We played a #10 and a #2. Plus, in this era of fake news, they got to play a fake school - the fake USC.

Fake USC actually played them tough. They had already handled Providence in a play-in game and then took out #6 SMU, just seemed to run out of steam at the end. Baylor put in a back-up guard late that was raining shots and making steals - he had like 6 points in 11 seconds. But an ill-advised goaltend - on a shot that was not going in - was the difference.

We will need big contributions from the inside guys - no foul troubles for "Carlos" Silva, and we need a better game from Kotsar and Keita. I think we have an edge at Guard but they are strong in the paint.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #13
gAmkok
Let's get started already

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

Quote:
No doubt. I expect a strong showing, but it simply can't be as pro-Carolina as a game 90 miles away from campus.
Being the higher seed and underdog, I expect we'll get adopted by the neutral folks in the arena if it's close (which is should be).
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #14
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 71660
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
i think we were a little against duke..after that second half i think we would play the golden state warriors and would not be scared.

Last edited by sc455; 03-21-2017 at 12:54 PM..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #15
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

Interestingly, I read an article yesterday that said we would not be able to hold Baylor under 80. It may be true, but i"m not sure what the rationale was. Our points allowed and their points scored are both well below 80.