CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Flameout12
TaySC
GoldenSpur7
Gamecock303
TKE226
acejrock
Ace Dilcock
ShutTheSuccop
jdaniel
Ga. QB Eason (1273)
Frank Martin Goes Ba (859)
Should fans attend/w (820)
Ole Miss QB Shea Pat (751)
The Trip to Tampa (568)
Thoughs On Men's BB (493)
Bowls (411)
Thank You Seniors Tr (324)
Ga. QB Eason (308)
2020 MBB - Jaemyn Br (150)
Martin on the fans
The Trip to Tampa
Thoughs On Men's BB At Ex
2018 MBB - Kaosi Ezeagu -
Should Hurst sit out?
Should fans attend/watch
Ole Miss QB Shea Patterso
2018 - KJ Henry
Frank Martin Goes Back to
Coaching carousel: 2017-1

Old 10-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 1271336615
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Listen to this Episode

Podcast: Locked on the Gamecocks

Episode: The Darnisha Allen-Jackson Interview

Released: 11OCT17

Very interesting comments from BAW's Mom about BAW's recruitment (by Muschamp at Florida) as well as no take on what she thought of the previous staff and their decision to play him early.

I won't spoil it for you but overall she has some thoughts on the Carolina program from the parent of a prospect to athlete that is informative to include how this group handled BAW's current injury situation and she even gave us some insight into BAW's mindset about how he is going to approach his recovery and preparations for next year - he saw how Skai handled the adversity turned opportunity and will likely use it as a blueprint.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Listen to this Episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post

Very interesting comments from BAW's Mom about BAW's recruitment (by Muschamp at Florida) as well as no take on what she thought of the previous staff and their decision to play him early.

I won't spoil it for you but overall she has some thoughts on the Carolina program from the parent of a prospect to athlete that is informative to include how this group handled BAW's current injury situation and she even gave us some insight into BAW's mindset about how he is going to approach his recovery and preparations for next year - he saw how Skai handled the adversity turned opportunity and will likely use it as a blueprint.

Am I missing the link somewhere????
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post

Am I missing the link somewhere????

No. I did not provide a link. You probably will not be able to listen to the podcast.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
Old 10-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
johnnyb
Banneded

Male

CockyCash: 1382674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...393391908&mt=2

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
d20636
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 10400
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Also

https://soundcloud.com/user-82048296...-allen-jackson
Old 10-12-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
bcolinc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post

I've followed a few podcasts for Gamecock football coverage (including the one with DC3) and this was by far the coolest interview I've heard. Thanks for sharing. You can tell how big of a difference Dillman has made with this team. The entire coaching staff is developing guys in a way that the old regime would never think of! Good shit.
bcolinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #7
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
I've followed a few podcasts for Gamecock football coverage (including the one with DC3) and this was by far the coolest interview I've heard. Thanks for sharing. You can tell how big of a difference Dillman has made with this team. The entire coaching staff is developing guys in a way that the old regime would never think of! Good shit.
Not to get too far into the weeds but I was nodding my head when she talked about the muscle BAW and some of the other players put on once Dillman got here.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:13 PM   #8
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

I like this podcast >>> https://www.gamecocksportsradio.com/...-at-tennessee/
^^^ well really just a pick, but I approve.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #9
Cockygaming
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 950600
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

I really loved the piece. She was very intellectual, and has a good understanding of Mom vs fan of the team. I hope we can hear more from her in future updates on BAW.
Cockygaming is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #10
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 98755254
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

GH,
i know **** Tennessee and all but you're better than this...
http://cockytalk.com/showthread.php?...0BAW%27s%20Mom

It's in the top 10 and everything.
also **** tennessee
Old 10-12-2017, 09:02 PM   #11
Spartan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Spartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPit

That's good podcast series in general, but that was by far one of the most interesting episodes they've ever had. Ms. Allen-Jackson is also well spoken and understands the game as well as recruiting, etc. It makes me wish I knew more players' moms so I could get the real inside scoop!

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #12
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
It makes me wish I knew more players' moms so I could get the real inside scoop!
I know what you meant there.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:32 AM   #13
longhaul
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

I thought she was awesome. It was good insight just how much she knew about the game and how each of the players they talked about were playing. Also the fact that she is trusting this staff to know what is best for her son and they are showing her that they do.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote