CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
TaySC
GAMEKEM
Ironfan
thumpin big
COCKYWOOD
Order 66
GregoryHouse
Three and Out
Dirty Bird
Tyíson Willians to x (2401)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (644)
Jake Bentley progres (593)
2020 - Vershon Lee (503)
*** USC MBB (9-8, 4- (494)
2019 Preferred Walk (478)
Transfer Portal (443)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (426)
2020 - Jacyais Credl (369)
Tech question (290)
*** USC MBB (9-8, 4-1) vs
2020- Zykevious Walker
2019 - Shilo Sanders
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 - Jammie Robinson
Muschamp at Carolina and
Unanimous
WBB won't lead the nation
Tyíson Willians to xfer
Jake Bentley progression

Old 01-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit
Default Air Fryer Recipes

Does anyone have any good air fryer recipes? I got one for Christmas and haven't cooked much in it except for frozen chicken nuggets and fries. I did cook some bang bang shrimp tacos last night that were okay, but after I started I realized I didn't have any bread crumbs and cornstarch doesn't do as well in the air fryer as it does in a deep fryer. The sauce covered it up pretty well so it wasn't a loss and tasted fine.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Air Fryer Recipes

I'm told chicken wings are supposed to be amazing. Buffalo style with no breading. I don't know the specifics of a recipe as I don't have an air fryer.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I got sucked in to watching an info mercial about air fryers, I was about to buy one
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I'm told chicken wings are supposed to be amazing. Buffalo style with no breading. I don't know the specifics of a recipe as I don't have an air fryer.

Wings are ok in an air fryer. They don't quite get as crispy, so that is something to think about. Other than that, they're not bad and sure as shit beats baking the wings.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
TheWeave09
streetcarl if youre nasty

Male

CockyCash: 1642
TheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot material

So far itís been somewhat hit or miss with mine I got for Christmas. The first night the misses and I made salmon and asparagus in it and it was excellent. I made buffalo wings a few nights ago and they were pretty good, comparable to what youíd get at say wing stop but getting your timing down is tricky. We tried to make the imitation chick-fil-a nuggets last night that are in a lot of air fryer recipes but they ended up not being close. I did half a rack of ribs in there also that turned out well. I think it just involves a lot of trial and error. But itís really good for people like me who work full time and go to school full time and donít have time to prepare healthy meals as it can cut cook time down a lot
TheWeave09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #6
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

I have one. Makes killer grilled cheeses or tuna melts.

I also use it to heat frozen fries, chicken tenders etc.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #7
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeave09 View Post
So far itís been somewhat hit or miss with mine I got for Christmas. The first night the misses and I made salmon and asparagus in it and it was excellent. I made buffalo wings a few nights ago and they were pretty good, comparable to what youíd get at say wing stop but getting your timing down is tricky. We tried to make the imitation chick-fil-a nuggets last night that are in a lot of air fryer recipes but they ended up not being close. I did half a rack of ribs in there also that turned out well. I think it just involves a lot of trial and error. But itís really good for people like me who work full time and go to school full time and donít have time to prepare healthy meals as it can cut cook time down a lot
Sams Club has nuggets that taste JUST like a chick-fil-a sandwich. They are great in the air fryer. I do about 12 min shake em and another 10 min.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #8
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Sams Club has nuggets that taste JUST like a Chick-fil-a sandwich. They are great in the air fryer. I do about 12 min shake em and another 10 min.
Those chicken nuggets from Sam's are pretty good and close to the CFA ones. I have cooked those in the air fryer, but not quite as long as you do. I probably could cook them longer than I do.

It is going to be hard for me to take the grilled cheese from the George Forman grill to the air fryer since the GF makes a pretty good grilled cheese. I do want to cook some buffalo wings or try a small turkey breast.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #9
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Those chicken nuggets from Sam's are pretty good and close to the CFA ones. I have cooked those in the air fryer, but not quite as long as you do. I probably could cook them longer than I do.

It is going to be hard for me to take the grilled cheese from the George Forman grill to the air fryer since the GF makes a pretty good grilled cheese. I do want to cook some buffalo wings or try a small turkey breast.
Try it at least once. I like to spread a little bit of mayo on the outside of the bread. You have to check it because sometimes the top bread blows off, but they come out so nice and golden brown with melty cheese.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I haven't taken mine out of the box yet. I'm in a FB AF group though and it seems that many recipes are sort of specific for various brands. Lots of good ideas in that group though. I may give mine its trial run this weekend.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #11
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Try it at least once. I like to spread a little bit of mayo on the outside of the bread. You have to check it because sometimes the top bread blows off, but they come out so nice and golden brown with melty cheese.
What temperature do you use for the grilled cheese and for about how long usually does it take to cook?
Old 01-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #12
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Exactly how do these things work. Seems like an air fryer without oil is just an oven. What am I missing?
Old 01-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #13
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
What temperature do you use for the grilled cheese and for about how long usually does it take to cook?
Im a bad person to ask about recipes as I usually just figure it out as I go. I think I usually do about 375 and check every 4 or 5 min.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #14
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Exactly how do these things work. Seems like an air fryer without oil is just an oven. What am I missing?
Yeah it's basically a small convection oven. So heat + fan = hot air instead of hot oil.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #15
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

We eat a lot of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cooked two in the Air Fryer last night with a baste made out of butter, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt that ended up being pretty good and that I would definitely do again. It was cooked at 350 for 15 minutes and then flipped for another 6-7 minutes.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM   #16
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Im a bad person to ask about recipes as I usually just figure it out as I go. I think I usually do about 375 and check every 4 or 5 min.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
I tried the grilled cheese for my kid. The bread got a really nice toast and crunch to it but I could never get the cheese melted as good as it does on the Foreman. My wife cooked a bologna and cheese sandwich right after that and said was good. I did two t-bones that turned out fairly well, although my larger one did not cook as evenly as I would have liked.
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #17
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7900000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Got one for Christmas and it is still in a box in the garage.

Where to begin?
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #18
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post

Where to begin?
I use mine once a week. I season my chicken, put it in for 35 minutes and walk away. I was skeptical of it but it turns out the best chicken. Just as good as fried ( can't believe I said that) without all the grease.
sosfan812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:23 PM   #19
TastyLicks
1st Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 99273679
TastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot materialTastyLicks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post

Where to begin?
you can begin by opening the box ;) hehe
TastyLicks is online now   Reply With Quote