CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gotrice?
Flameout12
TaySC
Ace Dilcock
EAtMoRTaYtErz
GoldenSpur7
RGHoskins
Rooster'srule
6pack
rabid cock
2017 Puerto Rico Tip (1035)
Wofford sounds confi (963)
Question For Techies (339)
Roger Goodell contra (319)
NBA's 'one-and-done' (297)
Using Up Egg Whites (290)
Is Battlefront 2 a f (268)
FAVORITE WILL MUSCHA (256)
CTE and Fred McNeil (211)
Navy pilots draw a b (180)
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2017 Puerto Rico Tip-Off:
Raise For Champ
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
Wofford sounds confident.
I believe that we will be
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
NBA's 'one-and-done' rule
Using Up Egg Whites
Jerry Meyers out as USC p

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #41
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hurdle cleared for Kelly to UF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
Or head coach at USC. Whatever.
LOL. I was about to say. Spurrier indicated they are looking at a current college head coach but he might be blowing smoke. Kelly coached them the season they lost to Cam in the natty, right?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #42
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
LOL. I was about to say. Spurrier indicated they are looking at a current college head coach but he might be blowing smoke. Kelly coached them the season they lost to Cam in the natty, right?
Lost to Cam's team by a field goal on the last drive of the game. I had to look it up, but there was a play where Dyer was 'tackled' but his knee wasn't down and everyone from the sidelines yelled to run. He got 37 yards on the play. That leads me to my derailing the thread question: Did it seem like that happened a lot for a one or two seasons and now the whistle blows too soon?

And then Oregon lost the next year to Ohio State.

As far as Chip Kelly, yes a spread offense with the players from Florida would be something to see--and we've seen a lot of it. It may have been innovated a decade ago, but the spread offense isn't as revolutionary anymore. Now, those Oregon teams ran it to perfection, but you're only going to have so many Marcus Marriota's.

I forgot how awesome he was in college: career of 105 passing TDs and 14 INT. Along with 29 rushing TDs.

Anyway, Chip Kelly to Florida doesn't concern me and actually seems like a pretty good fit for them.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM   #43
CockTail
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

There is a lot of talent in Florida, but there are also 5 schools that are recruiting there that are pretty good. Florida, Florida St., Miami, USF, Central Florida ect. Not to mention that Clemson, SC, GA and Alabama pull kids from there. There is a lot of competition for those players. Kelly is not known as a recruiter, but I agree kids would like playing in that offense.

My concern with Kelly is his personality which is much like McElwain's. He was an ass at Oregon, and disliked by fellow coaches and many boosters, same as McElwain.