CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Flameout12
CockyLifer
CapitolCock
carolina_corpsman
thekob
Canefaninsc
TastyLicks
Master Bedroom
Lonnie
JDStud6
The drops aren't on (1665)
Is there a good answ (794)
Gamecocks Wide Recei (585)
Why are we so bad 1s (352)
After a 100 calls go (300)
Handing out rep like (119)
Need Two For Tenness (9)
Serious Question to our f
The drops aren't on the r
Gamecocks Wide Receivers
Texas A&M Vent Thread
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Jake Bentley or Bust
Battling Apathy
Is there a good answer as
WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 i
Handing out rep like cand

Old 10-07-2018, 10:18 PM   #41
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21188
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Yesterday was a true miracle...(long post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I may be wrong on this but I think someone said we are/were #2 in the Nation in red zone Defense. This is a lot like those Charlie Strong Defenses.

Current red zone defense rankings:
Overall %: 73.9% (#29 nationally, # 5 SEC)
Red zone TD%: 47.8% (#16 nationally, #5 SEC)

Pretty good!
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:56 PM   #42
TheGameCockFanOfY
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 263
TheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
...the likes of which I've never witnessed in my life(I don't have kids, and I've been told that witnessing your child born is very moving). The closest to this was when we beat Florida, in Spurrier's first year, and when we beat Cincinnati in hoops, with a last second 3 pointer.
I sort of stopped reading here. Why leave out Dylan Thompson's nearly miraculous win against FL? That was was still the craziest that I've seen. Maybe the Mizzou win with Connor Shaw off the bench for that matter.
TheGameCockFanOfY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #43
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post

Pretty good!
Cool thanks. Maybe I was drunk when I heard # 2 lol.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:15 PM   #44
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21188
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Cool thanks. Maybe I was drunk when I heard # 2 lol.

You might've been thinking opponent's 3rd down conversions; we're currently 4th in the nation and 2nd in the SEC (behind A&M) at just 25%. We have a lot of room for defensive improvement, but you'd swear our defense sucks to hear some people on CT when we're actually pretty decent in a lot of defensive stats at this point in the season.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:31 PM   #45
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC97 View Post
Our world is just ultra critical. Easy behind a keyboard. I thought the message of the post was great. I also graduated from Aiken High, so maybe I am biased.

Go Cocks!
Heís from Aiken? I just assumed he misspelled achiní and his rooster was sore...
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:37 AM   #46
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 9650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I think this is a game I will remember my whole life. I was roasting along with everyone else in the first half. Here it is freakin' October and it seemed as hot as the CCU game. The fans around me were a bit lethargic. Between that heat and losing a home game to tropical weather, I'm thinking we are just cursed by the weather. Very soon it became clear how wrong that was.

When it began sprinkling at halftime I thought it was the best thing ever, just the thing to cool us off, and we all thought it would be a quick spritz. When the drips turned to a steady rain, I definitely did cool off. It was invigorating. Lots of folks ran for the concourse but we stayed put.

After 10 minutes in it, we said what the hell, we can't get any wetter than we are now. I had ponchos with me but never put them on. Then the team started playing really well. Then Mizzou started playing really crappy. Lock threw that pick 6, and it was absolute mayhem. I didn't give a crap about the rain.

Maybe 20% of the almost-full section 7 stuck around. The ones left were really into it, hard core idiots like me, all completely drenched to the core and having a blast watching our players sliding around after making big plays.

I have never heard so much noise from so few fans. When the Mizzou meltdown happened with the TD run called back, 2 false-starts, and punt fumble, that was right in front of us and damn if we fans didn't contribute to that. Good old section 7 and everyone around us was pounding the aluminum seat-backs, yelling, whistling and raising all kinds of ruckus and I know the hard rain fueled the fan frenzy. It was a blast to be part of it.

I have a zippered clear bag and a bunch of people around me asked me if they could put their phones in my bag. Of course they could. There were so few people left during the rain people were moving around and high-fiving all over the place. It was unforgettable.

I stuck around through the lightning delays and went equally berserk at the end of the game when we went on that impressive drive to set up the FG and Parker nailed the kick. I still have a headache, no voice and a sore throat. That's how you know you did it right.

Damn proud of our team and I would not say it was a miracle we won. We were very fortunate but that's just football, and we found a way to get the W which is what it's all about. Scar is a damn good passer with excellent poise in the pocket for a first-time starter, and I don't think we saw his ceiling Saturday.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:16 AM   #47
crowcutta
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post

Pretty good!
and even better vs fbs
overall red zone 25th, red zone td% 12th
3rd down conversion % 3rd nationally

whats crazy about that 12th in td% vs fbs is we're only 6th in the sec.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:01 AM   #48
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I think this is a game I will remember my whole life. I was roasting along with everyone else in the first half. Here it is freakin' October and it seemed as hot as the CCU game. The fans around me were a bit lethargic. Between that heat and losing a home game to tropical weather, I'm thinking we are just cursed by the weather. Very soon it became clear how wrong that was.

When it began sprinkling at halftime I thought it was the best thing ever, just the thing to cool us off, and we all thought it would be a quick spritz. When the drips turned to a steady rain, I definitely did cool off. It was invigorating. Lots of folks ran for the concourse but we stayed put.

After 10 minutes in it, we said what the hell, we can't get any wetter than we are now. I had ponchos with me but never put them on. Then the team started playing really well. Then Mizzou started playing really crappy. Lock threw that pick 6, and it was absolute mayhem. I didn't give a crap about the rain.

Maybe 20% of the almost-full section 7 stuck around. The ones left were really into it, hard core idiots like me, all completely drenched to the core and having a blast watching our players sliding around after making big plays.

I have never heard so much noise from so few fans. When the Mizzou meltdown happened with the TD run called back, 2 false-starts, and punt fumble, that was right in front of us and damn if we fans didn't contribute to that. Good old section 7 and everyone around us was pounding the aluminum seat-backs, yelling, whistling and raising all kinds of ruckus and I know the hard rain fueled the fan frenzy. It was a blast to be part of it.

I have a zippered clear bag and a bunch of people around me asked me if they could put their phones in my bag. Of course they could. There were so few people left during the rain people were moving around and high-fiving all over the place. It was unforgettable.

I stuck around through the lightning delays and went equally berserk at the end of the game when we went on that impressive drive to set up the FG and Parker nailed the kick. I still have a headache, no voice and a sore throat. That's how you know you did it right.

Damn proud of our team and I would not say it was a miracle we won. We were very fortunate but that's just football, and we found a way to get the W which is what it's all about. Scar is a damn good passer with excellent poise in the pocket for a first-time starter, and I don't think we saw his ceiling Saturday.
Couldn't have said it better. I was one of the handful of students who stuck around for the whole thing, and it was 110% worth it.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #49
CarolinaCJAM
Class of 2017

Male

CockyCash: 400
CarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post

Right there with you. The environment created in the 3rd quarter was something special. Loved every moment of that.