CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Canefaninsc
Flameout12
Cocky2001
Ironfan
dreammachine
Flips
TaySC
TastyLicks
kingofnerf
Gator Fan's Perspect (1525)
The critique of the (1330)
The drops aren't on (1008)
Cause of WR issues? (948)
Worst case scenario (725)
Serious Question to (665)
Where are the tight (639)
Is there a good answ (382)
Aja gets a Mountain (364)
Why are we so bad 1s (211)
Where are the tight ends?
Grandma versus Mother
Battling Apathy
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
The drops aren't on the r
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Perhaps a Solution...
Is there a good answer as
Jake Bentley or Bust
Donta Scott

Old 09-13-2018, 10:03 PM   #41
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Bowl eligible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksRgood View Post
I couldn't agree more....lets play some football
Not this weekend unfortunately, take the bye and get prepared for next weekend.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #42
GSC2013
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
@ Vanderbilt W
@ Kentucky L
Missouri L
Texas A&M L
Tennessee W
@ Ole Miss L
@Florida 50/50
Chattanooga W
@Clemson L

Here is how I see the rest of our schedule playing out. Are we going to be bowl eligible at the end of the season? Losing that Marshall game may come back to bite us.
Kentucky, Missouri, Ole Miss, Florida....I dont see us losing all 4. We win 1 of the first 3 then 50/50 Florida. My guess is Missouri since its at home and we’ve had Drew Lock pretty much contained the last 2 years.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:00 AM   #43
lake-cityCOCK89
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot material

Sorry, just don't see how you can use the transitive property from one game and apply it to 9 more games. A freak play on a pick 6 and a shank punt has you tied with #2 georgia at halftime 10-10, but we played like crap for a quarter, and now all of a sudden we might not be bowl eligible. Thats the most negative, knee jerk reaction ever.

Nope, we probably won't win out, and no we probably will not look good at times, but you will definitely have times were you play good and things will go well and we will definitely win some games.

I've said it before, I'm glad that our players and coaches do not have the same attitude as a lot of our fans do. Strap it up, play better next week, and if we get out maned then it is what it is. Georgia out maned us, and the only other team left on the schedule that can do that is Clemson, so I'm excited to see if we can improve and win some more games. Only played 2 games.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #44
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
@ Vanderbilt W
@ Kentucky L
Missouri L
Texas A&M L
Tennessee W
@ Ole Miss L
@Florida 50/50
Chattanooga W
@Clemson L

Here is how I see the rest of our schedule playing out. Are we going to be bowl eligible at the end of the season? Losing that Marshall game may come back to bite us.
There is zero chance for us not to win 6 games. Muschamp has a problem with replacing our Marshall game. It creates 10 straight games with no break.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:43 AM   #45
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
Curious what you’ve seen from Mizzou and UK to count them as definite losses? Mizzou has yet to play anyone with a pulse and I’ll be honest UK’s win against UF was great for them but UK and UF looked pretty mediocre. Not to say we couldn’t lose to either or Mizzou but I wouldn’t chalk them up as losses from what we’ve seen so far.
that ky qb and rb will be hard to corral. that is going to the wire.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #46
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Then tell me where you disagree, or do you just like to b*tch?
@ Vanderbilt W
@ Kentucky W
Missouri W
Texas A&M W
Tennessee W
@ Ole Miss W
@Florida W
Chattanooga W
@Clemson L

They whispered to him, "You can not withstand the storm." He whispered back, "I am the storm."

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #47
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
Nah, I think we’re just not overreacting to a bad game against a top 3 team and see that if the team improves we can still have a very good season.
I don't think it's an overreaction. We played a pretty good first half, other than the first 2 minutes. What should be concerning is how the team came out flat after the half, in a game they we're still in at the time, and completely gave up not long afterwards. I'm still concerned by McClendon as offensive coordinator, and by the fact that Bentley is in his third year and hasn't progressed.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #48
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
We better find a winnable 12th game bc I’m worried we may need it to get to a bowl
YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN!!!
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #49
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
@ Vanderbilt W
@ Kentucky W
Missouri W
Texas A&M W
Tennessee W
@ Ole Miss W
@Florida W
Chattanooga W
@Clemson L

Check out Clemson 2013 results. Looks familiar to this.

A good team that got destroyed at home by FSU (eventual natl champs) and lost by two TDs in Columbia that year. Actually last time we beat em.

Dont let one bad loss define your season. UGA is an elite team. We are absolutely heading in the right direction. Stay positive guys.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #50
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post

A good team that got destroyed at home by FSU (eventual natl champs) and lost by two TDs in Columbia that year. Actually last time we beat em.

Dont let one bad loss define your season. UGA is an elite team. We are absolutely heading in the right direction. Stay positive guys.
Agree...I have thought since Muschamp arrival that the rise of SC was similar to the rise of Dabo's Tigers...We lose to Clemson this year but the tables turn next year.

They whispered to him, "You can not withstand the storm." He whispered back, "I am the storm."

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #51
Lancelot
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot materialLancelot is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post

This could very well be true. In some ways, I think the fact that we have overachieved in Champ's first 2 years has been somewhat of a negative. Nobody on the planet predicted us to go to a bowl in his first season. Nobody. Last year, nobody predicted us going to a bowl as good as the Outback bowl or winning 9 games. When you go from 3 wins to 6 wins to 9 wins expectations naturally follow. Now, we are expected to win at least 9 games (or more) or folks will say we are regressing, which may not be true at all.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #52
ba55nec4r
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It sounds like some of you clowns think that we are still fighting for a playoff berth. 8-9 wins? Give me some of what you're smoking.
Bruh if we have 200 yards of offense in one half against any of those teams, except Clemson, we likely have a 2-3 score lead.

You guys get enamoured with how good teams are instead if how bad. You really think UF is that good? They're shit. Did you even watch them play Kentucky? Kentucky couldn't even throw and won easy.

Drew Lock University puts up stats against bums and gets thrashed in the SEC been that way for 3 years.

Kentucky is tough for us and could be a toss up.

Vandy is going to get their shit drug this weekend and be dead next week.

Ole Miss looked unbeatable week 1 then average week 2. Verdict is still out.

Tennessee is a joke

I don't see a for sure loss in any of these games. I don't see for sure wins. But how could be not win 8 games?
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #53
roosterdude21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3212019568
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
This could very well be true. In some ways, I think the fact that we have overachieved in Champ's first 2 years has been somewhat of a negative. Nobody on the planet predicted us to go to a bowl in his first season. Nobody. Last year, nobody predicted us going to a bowl as good as the Outback bowl or winning 9 games. When you go from 3 wins to 6 wins to 9 wins expectations naturally follow. Now, we are expected to win at least 9 games (or more) or folks will say we are regressing, which may not be true at all.
Partially agree here although I don't believe winning should perceived as a negative, ever. But to your argument, people will find any reason to complain about our situation. Win a national title and they'll say "well, we could have done it better but we suck."
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:05 PM   #54
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Partially agree here although I don't believe winning should perceived as a negative, ever. But to your argument, people will find any reason to complain about our situation. Win a national title and they'll say "well, we could have done it better but we suck."
Lol if we ever won the title I guarantee no one would say that. We’ve been a terrible team since our inception. With the amount of money that goes into the SEC expectations should be high in every sport. We don’t pay Champ 4 mill to lose 7 games.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #55
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 25200
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I sure am glad our coaching staff hasn't flushed the season down the toilet like some of our fans.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #56
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

I don't expect this team to struggle to get to a bowl game, even if the Marshall game isn't made up. Clemson is an almost definite loss, and there are some SEC tossups (UK, A&M, Ole Miss). Florida will be tough too, but definitely beatable. Win at least 2 of those, and it's a fine season.

And even if we go, say 8-3 or 7-4, bowl committees would view that really as a 9-3 or 8-4. It wouldn't change our bowl stance. Even with the recent events on and off the field, this is a Gator or Citrus Bowl team like (most) people predicted this offseason. The hurricane or the UGA game don't change that.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:41 PM   #57
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Winning is never a bad thing. It's easy to get ahead of yourself when you do better than expected.

But you're not gonna increase by 3 wins every single year. At some point it catches up to you. As long as this team wins at least 8 games, then it's a success - especially this early in the rebuilding phase. You just aren't going to win 10+ games given the previous circumstances. Can't be okay with 8 game every single year, but you have to factor in the circumstances.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #58
Ph/JDCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4700
Ph/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot materialPh/JDCock is USC mascot material

Go back to threads during weeks 3 and 4 last year. After the loss to UK and close call with La. Tech, there were threads prophesying that we’d finish 3-9 and discussing Muschamp being in over his head.

It’s never as good or bad as it seems.
Ph/JDCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #59
USC_21
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 5776
USC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN!!!
yeah and you're an idiot so there's that...
USC_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #60
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

The NA in NAGamec0ckFan stands for "Not A" - as in NotAGamec0ckFan. His schtick is to pretend to be a fan and get the other posters fired up and squabbling.

What is unknown - after two weeks of playing mostly warm-up games against weak competition - is how good teams are.

Is TAMU really good, or is Clemson not as good this year? Did UK win in Gainesville because they have a Top 25 team, or is Florida just going through the first year struggles that come with a coaching change? Ole Miss can score in bunches - like Mizzou - but will they still score a lot when they play better defenses, and can they stop anybody?

We play four SEC teams with first year coaches - that is usually a recipe for struggling. We will get some answers tomorrow.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote