CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockNJersey
thekob
Flips
BringBackGarcia
Lonnie
Flameout12
Wisercock
LegalCock
JDStud6
SC Gamecock
Cause of WR issues? (518)
Worst case scenario (427)
Luck ran out yesterd (423)
Serious Question to (332)
Where are the tight (304)
Man run over by lawn (295)
Gator Fan's Perspect (237)
The Chefs vs the Pat (210)
The critique of the (202)
Thoughts/Prayers App (188)
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Serious Question to our f
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
The critique of the offen
Tennesee Game Time....
Battling Apathy
Bowen declares for NBA dr
Attendance Saturday vs Te
Current State Of Gamecock
ESPN app??

Old 10-01-2018, 11:01 AM   #1
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material
Default I Stand By Muschamp

The dude hasn't done so well in big games for us. But I don't chalk it up to his coaching.

Some fans forgot we used to be one of the worst teams in the country only a couple years ago. If Muschamp's coaching philosophies and strategies were really our cause for losing so badly against UGA and UK, we wouldn't have finished the way we did last year, and we wouldn't have made a bowl in 2016.

We will most definitely make a bowl this year. It's frustrating to admit that we have already lost the east and will probably not finish top 2, but that is honestly okay.

Look at Fuente. Look at Herman. Those were the two other guys we really wanted. Their programs are respectable currently, but their fans turned on them fast after Virginia Tech lost by 14 points (the same amount we lost to UK) against Old Dominion, and Texas lost to Maryland two years in a row. Everyone wants instant success under new coaches, and if by year 3 it's not undefeated or spotless, people quickly get skeptical. Muschamp has an IT factor that I want to see develop, even if it takes five years. We are loads better than we were before. Just remember that.

Teams flop every so often, especially under relatively new programs. I'm excited to see us get better as the year goes on, haul in an amazing recruiting cycle, and go headfirst into a tough 2019 schedule, all by Muschamp's side.

Forever to thee.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
CockNJersey
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material
Default Re: I Stand By Muschamp

I still support Champ, but he's got to clean up the sloppy play. Way too many turnovers. On track for 27 (assuming a 12th game). There has to be some punitive actions taken to address all the sloppiness.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 132561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I don't expect to be "undefeated or spotless" in year 3. I expect us to be competitive. To not be an embarrassment on national television. To at least be good on the one side of the ball for which he is supposed to be a guru.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I stand by all our players and coaches.

That's what I signed up for when I decided to be a fan over 40 years ago.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 19852516353
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
The dude hasn't done so well in big games for us. But I don't chalk it up to his coaching.

Some fans forgot we used to be one of the worst teams in the country only a couple years ago. If Muschamp's coaching philosophies and strategies were really our cause for losing so badly against UGA and UK, we wouldn't have finished the way we did last year, and we wouldn't have made a bowl in 2016.

We will most definitely make a bowl this year. It's frustrating to admit that we have already lost the east and will probably not finish top 2, but that is honestly okay.

Look at Fuente. Look at Herman. Those were the two other guys we really wanted. Their programs are respectable currently, but their fans turned on them fast after Virginia Tech lost by 14 points (the same amount we lost to UK) against Old Dominion, and Texas lost to Maryland two years in a row. Everyone wants instant success under new coaches, and if by year 3 it's not undefeated or spotless, people quickly get skeptical. Muschamp has an IT factor that I want to see develop, even if it takes five years. We are loads better than we were before. Just remember that.

Teams flop every so often, especially under relatively new programs. I'm excited to see us get better as the year goes on, haul in an amazing recruiting cycle, and go headfirst into a tough 2019 schedule, all by Muschamp's side.

Forever to thee.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 200
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

He hasn't lost my support yet, but I am beginning to have my doubts. And I do not think we will make a bowl game this year, but I appreciate your optimism.
NAGamec0ckFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #7
Jleo
Two Deep

Male

Jleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPit

Quote:

Forever to thee.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I really have no problem with Muschamp unless he continues to let Bentley get us beat without repercussion for bad QB play. If he runs the other guys out their and they stink it up then he has done all he can do. Time to hold your QB accountable so lets see if he does.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #9
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I don't expect to be "undefeated or spotless" in year 3. I expect us to be competitive. To not be an embarrassment on national television. To at least be good on the one side of the ball for which he is supposed to be a guru.
The Defense had 1 bad quarter against Kentucky, and really, 1 bad quarter against Georgia.

The Offense in both of those quarters, in both of those games ... did ZERO to help.

It's a team sport and both sides feed off of each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #10
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2550000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

As much as I detest losing, I still think Muschamp is the best option we could have hired.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #11
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

If we’re doing any worse than 7-5 no one is going to be ok with that. The program has never consistently won until spurrier did what he did, and it takes a really good coach to sustain success here consistently. Somewhere there is a young up and comer that will emerge and we will wish we got him. To me that was Lincoln riley. I like that this staff had SEC experience though. Look back to tommy tubervilles first few years at auburn and I see Muschamp as a similar coach to him but we’re not auburn.

I often hear that it’s tough to win the SEC with UGA and clemson being so good. Then I look back to those Florida teams of the early 90s and it wasn’t much different. Tennessee has some of their best teams and FSU was a dominant team every year in the ACC. They also played some good bama teams too.Florida played those teams every single year and recruited against them and UGA and got it done. It takes the right guy. I think muschamp can recruit but won’t be a coach that gets us to double digit wins. It takes legends to do that at S.C.
SC Gamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #12
Blackland
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

He has a few more years to get this mess sorted out. What he was left with was not his fault, what he has for us after 5 or 6 years under his leadership is all on him.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #13
AtlGAMECOCK
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

This made me think of this
Old 10-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #14
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
As much as I detest losing, I still think Muschamp is the best option we could have hired.
Lincoln Riley says hello
kick_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #15
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

We just have to be patient. Everyone knew we kind of exceeded expectations last year. Now it's back to reality.

While Bama and UGA on the schedule for next year isn't good, Kentucky and Missouri lose alot of talent after this year. We should still be on an upward trajectory.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #16
MountainCock
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

Quote:

Forever to thee.
Good Post!
Old 10-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #17
CockNJersey
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
He has a few more years to get this mess sorted out. What he was left with was not his fault, what he has for us after 5 or 6 years under his leadership is all on him.
I do agree with the timeline. This is essentially Year 2 for Champ. He was hired so late in the process that he really didn't have any/many of his guys in the first class. Year 5 will be the tell-tale year. Unfortunately, we have to make it through year 4, which is an absolutely brutal schedule.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #18
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
The Defense had 1 bad quarter against Kentucky, and really, 1 bad quarter against Georgia.

The Offense in both of those quarters, in both of those games ... did ZERO to help.

It's a team sport and both sides feed off of each other.
Defense is not even close to being our problem.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #19
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Defense is not even close to being our problem.
Yeah, the defense played pretty good overall by shutting UK out in the second half. The problems are on offense. IMHO it has to do with the lack of a running game. We don't have a great running back and we don't have an offensive line which can open big holes for the running backs we do have. They appear to block for the pass okay, but I think that has more to do with teams being able to rush 4 or 5 and put the rest in coverage. That would change if we started powering over people. If I am Muschamp my goal would be to build a running game and force teams to come up and stop it. Seems like Football 101.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I think year 3 is way to early to make a decision one way or the other. As Holtxz used to say.

It's never as good as it seems and it's never as bad as it seems either. We are somewhere in between beating the pants off Coastal and Vandy, and loosing to Kentucky.

It is what it is.