CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
taylorssc
Spur's Addiction
TaySC
etowngangsta
SheckWes
rt3891
wildwes
TastyLicks
TAFC 5 1981
Facilities (1659)
Getting Paid. (1331)
Muschamp: the anti- (1050)
2020 Charlie Spegal (868)
Didn't catch the lat (452)
Hey Y'all...Penny Ma (267)
Football staff raise (211)
2020 Warm / Warmer / (174)
Dinosaur footprints (139)
2020 - Deidrick Stan (126)
Facilities
2019 - Jashawn Sheffield
Vote for Hilinski
100 DAYS!!!
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
2019 - Reddy Steward
2019 - Samuel Brooks - Mi
2020 - Deidrick Stanley
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - John Dixon

Old 10-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #41
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: I Stand By Muschamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Outside of the clock mismangament in the 4th, yes, BMAC called a good game. He can't coach around 4 turnovers...no coordinator can.

Game plan is not the issue, players execution of it is, with one player in particular.
Well the drops don't help either. WR is supposed to be the strongest position group on the offense. We need them to play at a high level.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #42
Roosterdog
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Starting to look more and more like he's a good coordinator who's in over his head as a head coach. Sorry, but that team that played Kentucky did not look ANYTHING like a well coached football team. Just the opposite in fact.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #43
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 873262
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Outside of the clock mismangament in the 4th, yes, BMAC called a good game. He can't coach around 4 turnovers...no coordinator can.

Game plan is not the issue, players execution of it is, with one player in particular.
REALLY wish that drive in the 4th would have ended in a TD so we could at least see what would have happened. It definitely took too much time, but then to not score after all of that was the final nail in the coffin.

Soooo many drops, bad passes, slips on the turf monster, etc..... no clue why KY never gets our best shot, but with even our B game we have a great chance at winning that one.

I support Muschamp and still think he is the right man for the job. Time will tell, but early in year 3 certainly isn't the time to turn your back on your coaches.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #44
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 201562
DrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot material

Tanner is hoping more than anybody that muschamp can keep this thing on the rails. Wow a new football facilty, a great fan base, no pressure on you as a coach, your second chance and how you promised not to get back to this and how much you learned from your Florida coaching job. Damn. Cant believe we are here. But we will support you and limp noodle tanner.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:12 PM   #45
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZyn View Post
Tanner is hoping more than anybody that muschamp can keep this thing on the rails. Wow a new football facilty, a great fan base, no pressure on you as a coach, your second chance and how you promised not to get back to this and how much you learned from your Florida coaching job. Damn. Cant believe we are here. But we will support you and limp noodle tanner.
Sadly, I think the days of that being true have passed. We consistently have lots of empty seats at the home games and LOADS of fans leaving really early (regardless how the game is going), people who turn on the coach and team at the drop of a hat, and fans who want the best money can buy but are completely against the idea of having to fork out more.

The last one can at least be somewhat understood. Folks may think, "Give me a better product on the field and I'll have a reason to give more money." The problem is that the product may well have a bigger challenge improving without the willingness to spend a little more. That's the only point of the ones I mentioned that I am a little more understanding.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #46
TaySC
Household Name

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

I agree.

This fanbase needs an enima. Hopefully we get rid of the Johnny come lately crowd that appeared around those 11 win seasons. No way that they have the stones to have made it through the 21 game losing streak with the rest of us.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:33 PM   #47
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 19800000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I was a kid in the mid-80s. We had season tix and people always left early, even down by two scores. That’s not new.

One year against FSU, it was early 3rd period and Bob Fulton famously said, “You could open up a machine gun in here and not hit anyone.”

Def couldn’t say that today! Our fans are loyal but give up quickly. Have been as long as I can remember.

(And we used to get yelled at for standing by the people behind us.)
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #48
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

I've been a SC football fan since the 60s. Went to games with my dad, spring practice when Jim Carlen got here, games in the rain, blowout losses, watched losses to the Citadel, App State, East Carolina, NCSU, watched Todd Ellis blow out his knee, Joe Lee Dunn's all out blitz defense, 10 wins in 84, loss to Navy, ... I've seen it all.

But I also got to see Spurrier coach here. That proved to me it can be done. You have to make the right hire. The jury is still out whether this was the right hire.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #49
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 3625498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I've been a SC football fan since the 60s. Went to games with my dad, spring practice when Jim Carlen got here, games in the rain, blowout losses, watched losses to the Citadel, App State, East Carolina, NCSU, watched Todd Ellis blow out his knee, Joe Lee Dunn's all out blitz defense, 10 wins in 84, loss to Navy, ... I've seen it all.

But I also got to see Spurrier coach here. That proved to me it can be done. You have to make the right hire. The jury is still out whether this was the right hire.
Spurrier was awesome for us for a while and I’m thankful that he was a part of showing it could be done. He also needed some once in a generation type talents to all come out of HS in this area, had to close the deal on them, took advantage of Clemson firing Bowden, UT firing fulmer, UGA being down, UF trending downward, same for ut. Now two out of three of those are annually in the NC discussion. Muschamp has a larger mountain to climb in that respect compared to Sos. I’ll stand by him to an extent but just like Spurrier, USC is larger than the coach, not the other way around. It’s not too much to ask to see improvement and a team ready to play. A disciplined team with less talent will do more than what we saw Saturday.

Last edited by gamecock88; 10-01-2018 at 10:55 PM..
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #50
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 6200
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

I will stand by him too, as I watch him clean out his desk. Just kidding. I do like Muschamp, but whatever he is doing to prepare our team mentally is opposite of whatever he should be doing. He is something like 1-14 against ranked teams, plus Florida and Kentucky for us. That is horrible. I think the guy can coach players, but he needs to reevaluate all he does to prepare the attitude of the team. That is problem #1.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #51
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

He couldn’t win big games at UF eithier. With a more talented roster. Biggest win he had while there was against us after LSU pretty much put half our team in hospital. End of the day if he can’t win big games then as a program our ceiling is maybe 10-2 (that’s if we are in a down year in East and we draw Arkansas in the west and he some how figures out how to beat Jimbo). I think he’s great guy and did a great job of rebounding our program but nothing I’ve seen so far leads me to believe we will be contending for the SEC in next couple of years. Sorry in advance for not being a pumper, but it’s the truth.

Last edited by BiscoCocky; 10-01-2018 at 09:27 PM..
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #52
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1866792
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Muschamp's day are numbered. How ugly will it be if we don't make it to a bowl this year.
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #53
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Muschamp's day are numbered. How ugly will it be if we don't make it to a bowl this year.
That would get ugly, yes, but donít think it will be a huge deal to at least get to a bowl, particularly if we can get that twelfth game in.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:39 PM   #54
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

So far this season the offense is ranked 88th out of 120 in total offense. Some really bad teams are ahead of us offensively. Defensively we’re ranked 17th just behind clemson at 16 in yards allowed. As long as our offense keeps that up, the defense won’t stay that highly ranked.

If that’s not the most muschamp stat of all time
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #55
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Gamecock View Post
So far this season the offense is ranked 88th out of 120 in total offense. Some really bad teams are ahead of us offensively. Defensively weíre ranked 17th just behind clemson at 16 in yards allowed. As long as our offense keeps that up, the defense wonít stay that highly ranked.

If thatís not the most muschamp stat of all time
The dropped passes, fumbles, and "trips" when we're threatening to score are hurting the scoring offense. Sadly, that is already an improvement.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:07 PM   #56
TaySC
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Gamecock View Post
So far this season the offense is ranked 88th out of 120 in total offense. Some really bad teams are ahead of us offensively. Defensively we’re ranked 17th just behind clemson at 16 in yards allowed. As long as our offense keeps that up, the defense won’t stay that highly ranked.

If that’s not the most muschamp stat of all time
Offense was in the 50’s before this game, so I just shows you how early in the season it is if one game can drop you 30 spots.

Just looked, we are 80th in scoring, not 88th (total offense based solely on yards per game, not scoring is a joke of a stat). Before this last game we averaged 35.3 PPG, which would have us at 42nd this week had we not had the one horrible game.

Let’s see if we score 10 on MO or closer to 35.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:11 PM   #57
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1866792
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Word is that Bentley is out for Saturday. If he doesn't play not gonna be pretty.
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #58
purebredcock
Show Me.

Male

CockyCash: 400
purebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot materialpurebredcock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to purebredcock

he hasnt hired great coaches. hire great coaches. i stood by him on day 1. on day 2 he hired roper and i couldnt stand by that. i was right. if he would of consulted me we would be 2 yrs ahead.
#1 debbie downer
purebredcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:08 PM   #59
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5440
CackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Word is that Bentley is out for Saturday. If he doesn't play not gonna be pretty.
Poop

CackDiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #60
beak2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
beak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPit

I love his recruiting, but hiring coaches, hmmmm.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote