CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
CapitolCock
Flameout12
carolina_corpsman
thekob
Canefaninsc
TastyLicks
Master Bedroom
Flips
Lonnie
The drops aren't on (1665)
Is there a good answ (794)
Gamecocks Wide Recei (585)
Why are we so bad 1s (352)
After a 100 calls go (300)
Handing out rep like (119)
Need Two For Tenness (9)
Convince me these ar (0)
The drops aren't on the r
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Convince me these are all
Jake Bentley or Bust
Handing out rep like cand
Is there a good answer as
Why are we so bad 1st hal
Serious Question to our f
Gamecocks Wide Receivers
Texas A&M Vent Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #21
Gamecock303
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who Starts at QB Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
Like who? I remember Edwards dropping two balls that ended drives, Deebo dropped one.

Two of our top 4 receivers were hurt today, and as a result we weren't in usual full force with them. I found that Scar was accurate and put balls only where receivers could catch them. There were zero acrobatic catches.

well for starters Edwards (outside the drops). This year has struggled to make the tough catch. I'm not talking about the ridiculous acrobatic catches that he is capable of making, I mean the plays where the defenders have really good tight coverage on him. There have been several slants this year that he has failed to come up with, don't get me wrong they were tough plays to make but for a guy with his talent level they are plays that he should be making. He has also struggled (in my opinion) on some deep balls where he needs to stop and elevate over the defender to come down with the ball, he tends to drift a bit and doesn't go up as strong as I would like to see.

Deebo didn't drop any balls that I remember today in fact outside of the couple of balls that Edwards dropped and the one that Williams dropped I don't remember any.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #22
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Jake gets the short leash against TAMU
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:00 PM   #23
Flips
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Flips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPit
Default Re: Bentley or Scarnecchia ?

Also, the same type of gameplan that people are saying made Scarnecchia look good is the same type of gameplan that made Bentley have his "best season" as a freshman.
Flips is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #24
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Bentley with a short leash.
Agreed.
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #25
cockyboy
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3111
cockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talonscockyboy has developed his gaff and talons

Start scarnecchia. Allow him to lose this spot.
cockyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #26
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 760
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
Jake Bentley is a better QB in just about every respect. Missouri has the 85th best defense in the country. Whoever started was going to look good against them. Jake would have thrown for 300 and we would've won by another 10-15 points.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #27
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudly

Scarnecchia played a pretty good game given the circumstances. I don't know about giving him the start just yet but I think it's good that we may have a 2nd QB with the confidence to play against an SEC opponent. At the very least this should put Bentley on his heels for the rest of the season which will hopefully pay off with the on the field results.
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #28
TheWeave09
streetcarl if youre nasty

Male

CockyCash: 1642
TheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Bentley with a short leash.
This. So much. It can only be good for Bentley to know that we can win without him
TheWeave09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #29
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

OP, since your thread was about 6 minutes before the one I started with the same topic, maybe mods can close the one I just made down. I didn’t see it right away.
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:14 PM   #30
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
SCAR LITERALLY THREW THE BALL INTO A DEFENDER'S HANDS ON HIS LAST PLAY OF THE GAME.
He literally didn't. It hit the receivers hands and he dropped it.

Maybe not the best decision given the tight coverage, but he didn't throw it into his hands. It was accurate.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #31
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Also, the same type of gameplan that people are saying made Scarnecchia look good is the same type of gameplan that made Bentley have his "best season" as a freshman.

Gamecock born, Gamecock bred
When I die I'll be Gamecock dead...
Currently raising more Gamecocks to carry the torch!
CockyLifer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:17 PM   #32
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
well for starters Edwards (outside the drops). This year has struggled to make the tough catch. I'm not talking about the ridiculous acrobatic catches that he is capable of making, I mean the plays where the defenders have really good tight coverage on him. There have been several slants this year that he has failed to come up with, don't get me wrong they were tough plays to make but for a guy with his talent level they are plays that he should be making. He has also struggled (in my opinion) on some deep balls where he needs to stop and elevate over the defender to come down with the ball, he tends to drift a bit and doesn't go up as strong as I would like to see.

Deebo didn't drop any balls that I remember today in fact outside of the couple of balls that Edwards dropped and the one that Williams dropped I don't remember any.
I don't see your point. In tight coverage, a QB has to be very accurate with his ball placement. No matter how good Edwards is, if a guy like Bentley is in there not being dead accurate with the football, the football is in jeopardy of a turnover. Jake's had like 10 INT's this year, and they all come from throwing balls inaccurately into tight coverage.

Scar had to be dead on a lot today. Credit Edwards with good play too, but if it wasn't accurate there's nothing Edwards could've done.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:20 PM   #33
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Keep in mind he had 3 passes that should have been INTs today. They limited him because they didn't want to put him in a situation where he had to do too much reading of the defense. McClendon was extremely conservative but it allowed us to get 1 on 1 match ups most of the game and at that point it comes down to accuracy and not actually reading much. I'm not saying Bentley's leash didn't just get shorter but he should still be the starter.

You can't say that how many should be picks did our defense have just in this game? Should be picks mean nothing imho Jake actually threw 3 interceptions in to double coverage and hell knows what just last week his decisions plain suck. I liked the QB play much better this week than last and if whoever the QB is needs to be limited for safety than whoever starts let's do that.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:22 PM   #34
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post

The asnwer to the dropsies is just throw to SHi!
Old 10-06-2018, 06:22 PM   #35
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I would like to see a little package for Dak. I don't know why you wouldn't throw him some time at wildcat when you can redshirt him anyways. At least get a look and see if he's got it.

No one thought Scarnechia would have had more than a TD pass, let alone 3...

....but yes, Jake gets the start if healthy, with Mike in the bullpen.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #36
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
You can't say that how many should be picks did our defense have just in this game? Should be picks mean nothing imho Jake actually threw 3 interceptions in to double coverage and hell knows what just last week his decisions plain suck. I liked the QB play much better this week than last and if whoever the QB is needs to be limited for safety than whoever starts let's do that.
What I'm saying is they kept the plan very conservative for a reason and even with conservative calls the ball was still in danger a few times. The staff trusts Bentley more, considering we can't watch practice that should tell you something.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #37
ba55nec4r
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

I say start Jake but we gotta tell him to take less chances. Michael did a great job of managing the game. He didn't throw a ton of bad balls today. He didn't really overly force much, he did a little at the end but he kind of had to.

I say start Jake but let him know it's a short leash. Very short. Michael can step up and drill those digs and curl routes.
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #38
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
I don't see your point. In tight coverage, a QB has to be very accurate with his ball placement. No matter how good Edwards is, if a guy like Bentley is in there not being dead accurate with the football, the football is in jeopardy of a turnover. Jake's had like 10 INT's this year, and they all come from throwing balls inaccurately into tight coverage.

Scar had to be dead on a lot today. Credit Edwards with good play too, but if it wasn't accurate there's nothing Edwards could've done.

Yes.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #39
gocockswyn
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 5500
gocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot materialgocockswyn is USC mascot material

Looks like Scar may win the starting position.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:30 PM   #40
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
What I'm saying is they kept the plan very conservative for a reason and even with conservative calls the ball was still in danger a few times. The staff trusts Bentley more, considering we can't watch practice that should tell you something.

Well I watch the games and Jake has been pretty bad against teams with a pulse. Not sure why Dak hasn't been getting any playing time. Scar played poised and not jumpy maybe just let him start the games for jake and jake can come in if he messes up because we can't have jake's offense spot a team 10+ points the rest of the season before the game starts.