CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
CapitolCock
Flameout12
carolina_corpsman
thekob
Flips
sporkgod50
Canefaninsc
JDStud6
TastyLicks
The drops aren't on (1822)
Is there a good answ (855)
Gamecocks Wide Recei (651)
Why are we so bad 1s (394)
After a 100 calls go (329)
Handing out rep like (170)
Convince me these ar (110)
Need Two For Tenness (9)
SEC QB FACTS ...... (0)
Gamecocks Wide Receivers
2019 WBB - Rickea Jackson
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
The drops aren't on the r
WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 i
SEC QB FACTS ......
Convince me these are all
The critique of the offen
Is there a good answer as

Old 10-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #41
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bentley or Scarnecchia ?

Easily Mike, but i also dont like Jake's play, so im biased.
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #42
garnet&black1998rn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
garnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Bentley. We ran a very conservative offense today against a defense that isn't exactly a world beater. I loved what Scar did and if Jake has a very slow start again I wouldn't be opposed to benching him but Bentley happens to be 14-2 against unranked opponents, it's foolish to think with him starting we lose this game. Scar exceeded my expectations dramatically though, props to him for coming through in the clutch.

I expect that Scar knows the play book very well and seemingly knows the play book well enough to stand in pocket and get the throw off. Didn't see him wince or complain. Jake looked like he wanted to go in to finish. Glad for Parker White , big kick.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #43
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
The playbook is doubly limited because Scarnecchia is a liability on any pass further than 15 yards downfield... Anything to the edges of the field took 15 years to get there and that's begging for a pick six against a decent secondary.
and Bentley isnt a liability on downfield balls?

I was happy that Scarnecchia put a few balls up for receivers to go make a play on. I was happy to see Scarnecchia throw some balls away when the play broke down. I thought he played a much better game than Bentley has in a while.
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #44
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Well I watch the games and Jake has been pretty bad against teams with a pulse. Not sure why Dak hasn't been getting any playing time. Scar played poised and not jumpy maybe just let him start the games for jake and jake can come in if he messes up because we can't have jake's offense spot a team 10+ points the rest of the season before the game starts.
By teams with a pulse you mean ranked teams. AKA not Mizzou.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:45 PM   #45
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
I expect that Scar knows the play book very well and seemingly knows the play book well enough to stand in pocket and get the throw off. Didn't see him wince or complain. Jake looked like he wanted to go in to finish. Glad for Parker White , big kick.
I think he knows the playbook for sure, I just think it comes down to reading the defense. Conservative play calling has it's negatives but it also allowed us to put Scar in a position where he had 1 on 1 opportunities on the outside all day.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #46
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who Starts at QB Now?

Deebo fell down on that play according to the gamecock radio guys. Scar was very accurate and had ZERO run game help. They gotta' put in fenwick or shake up the OL or something. Put Rico and Deebo back there in a wildcat or some shit. The run game is horrendous.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #47
garnet&black1998rn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
garnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot material

Quote:
SCAR LITERALLY THREW THE BALL INTO A DEFENDER'S HANDS ON HIS LAST PLAY OF THE GAME.

HE DIDN"T CATCH THE BALL SO?

DID HE GET INTERCEPTED, I DON"T THINK SO
Old 10-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #48
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Scar looked 1000% more poised. Actually throwing the ball where it should be rather than getting his receivers killed.

Hopefully Bentley watching will help him realize its not that hard to play well. The ballcoach said that can happen sometimes.

He's got a knee so could easily be till after the bye week. Glad Scar balled out.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:03 PM   #49
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

I'm going to continue to hammer this point home until people actually get it. Bentley is 14-2 against unranked opponents. To say that we lose with a healthy Bentley today goes against basically all evidence that we have at our disposal. If Scar had just beaten a top 25 team, the type of team Bentley seems to struggle mightily against, we'd be having a different conversation right now. If Bentley is healthy he will be the starter and should be the starter next week against A&M. The leash is definitely shorter, but there's no question it's still Bentley's job to lose.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #50
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I think I'm in the twilight zone. I swear there is another thread talking about this same thing that has a different name.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:09 PM   #51
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Also, the same type of gameplan that people are saying made Scarnecchia look good is the same type of gameplan that made Bentley have his "best season" as a freshman.
Bentley faced UMASS, the literal worst team in the country during his first start. Then he faced Tennessee his second start, who was a dumpster fire in disguise. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain, against very non-dangerous opponents.

Scar was thrown in when our program was on its heels of falling into obscurity, playing an SEC team who's only loss was to UGA (whom they almost beat) and had the #7 offense in the country. He would have to constantly catch up with Mizzou's scores, and answer every drive in order to win. He had everything to lose by playing poorly, and he still was great.

Saying they faced the "same type of gameplan" is too general to be an accurate comparison. Bentley wasn't put into anything close to this type of pressure or expectation. Scar even threw almost 300 yards for 3 TD's and 0 INT's against a Mizzou defense that was in his face all day with Senior 5 star defensive linemen stacking the box every play. Bentley faced Tennessee when their entire defense was in shambles, and he still couldn't put up those numbers, or be this clutch.

Scar had to lead the offense down the field in 1 minute for a game winner. Name me 1 time where Bentley had to step up in clutch time and succeeded in elevating his play.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #52
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I think I'm in the twilight zone. I swear there is another thread talking about this same thing that has a different name.

me too
CockyLifer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #53
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Scar looked 1000% more poised. Actually throwing the ball where it should be rather than getting his receivers killed.

This is being missed by the jake supporters. Jake will not stop throwing into double even triple coverage Constantly and the receivers have to make miracle throws just about every time to keep it going Jake has really been playing like garbage.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:21 PM   #54
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Scar played like an upper classman should. He should be the starter, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the team rally around him.
wincocks84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #55
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I was FŁrst!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #56
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
I was FŁrst!!!!!!!!
Why yes you were! Those six minutes make a difference. I will leave my original post in shame!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #57
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Just went through JB's entire Game Log for every game he has played at USC and only one game did his statline compare to what MS did today...... that was the Coastal game from this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...6/jake-bentley
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #58
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

Why did you rename the thread? I thought the title "Who starts at QB now?" was fine.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:45 PM   #59
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Why did you rename the thread? I thought the title "Who starts at QB now?" was fine.
It’s 2 different threads, they were made a few minutes apart. I guess there’s no way to merge them but I’d be fine with closing this one since the other was made about 5 minutes before and I missed it
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:46 PM   #60
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Just went through JB's entire Game Log for every game he has played at USC and only one game did his statline compare to what MS did today...... that was the Coastal game from this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...6/jake-bentley

Thanks Tay just wish the coaches can see we've seen Jake's best and hell the taters weren't scared to go to another option when it was painfully obvious that their current QB wouldn't win the big games.