CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Canefaninsc
Flameout12
Cocky2001
Ironfan
dreammachine
Flips
TaySC
TastyLicks
kingofnerf
Gator Fan's Perspect (1533)
The critique of the (1337)
The drops aren't on (1022)
Cause of WR issues? (952)
Worst case scenario (732)
Serious Question to (671)
Where are the tight (656)
Is there a good answ (396)
Aja gets a Mountain (375)
Why are we so bad 1s (217)
Where are the tight ends?
Grandma versus Mother
Battling Apathy
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
The drops aren't on the r
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Perhaps a Solution...
Is there a good answer as
Jake Bentley or Bust
Donta Scott

Old 10-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #601
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 200
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bentley or Scarnecchia ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I believe we will see a different Jake Bentley on Saturday. He has never had someone come close to taking his job until now and since iron sharpens iron, I think last weekend was a wake up call for him. I expect him to be sharp this weekend.
I hope you're right, but I think Bentley's past record indicates that he doesn't exactly thrive under pressure.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #602
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

It will be interesting to see if WM rotates them at any point to see how they both do vs. the same D.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #603
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post

Nice try at playing the victim role, but you are a liar.
I'm still looking for the ignore Flips option... this site needs a few improvements.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #604
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
It will be interesting to see if WM rotates them at any point to see how they both do vs. the same D.

Whoa correct resident tatagata! However I doubt we see it the staff has proven that they are not willing to take the step forward on the QB situation.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #605
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Not so sure that he thrives under pressure.
I don't think you can undo in one week something you've struggled with for years. Hope I'm wrong.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #606
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Am I the only one that feels like Jake was guaranteed to be "the guy" for all 4 years when he & his dad signed on? Watching his presser he acts like "yep, things are back to normal, I'm here & in charge again" and while he technically says the right stuff about supporting Scar & whatnot, all of the pauses and expressions make me believe his ego got stung a bit last week and he's trying to reassure everyone it's still his job.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #607
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
Am I the only one that feels like Jake was guaranteed to be "the guy" for all 4 years when he & his dad signed on? Watching his presser he acts like "yep, things are back to normal, I'm here & in charge again" and while he technically says the right stuff about supporting Scar & whatnot, all of the pauses and expressions make me believe his ego got stung a bit last week and he's trying to reassure everyone it's still his job.

Not opposed to this proposition there is certainly things that have gone on that support your theory.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #608
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Am I the only one that feels like Jake was guaranteed to be "the guy" for all 4 years when he & his dad signed on?.
I would bet money on it
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #609
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 19852516353
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Careful...careful! I'd advise you to quickly pump some sunshine after suggesting such a thing.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #610
kidrobinski
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1320
kidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot materialkidrobinski is USC mascot material

DramaTalk.
kidrobinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #611
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Careful...careful! I'd advise you to quickly pump some sunshine after suggesting such a thing.
Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Old 10-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #612
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrobinski View Post
DramaTalk.

Lol now it imitates life
Old 10-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #613
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6200
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
I hope you're right, but I think Bentley's past record indicates that he doesn't exactly thrive under pressure.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:40 AM   #614
SCFan4me
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
SCFan4me is learning to peckSCFan4me is learning to peck

Scar is a fifth year senior who has watched from the sidelines his whole career until last week. He came in and played great with no interceptions so now Bentley is healthy. Coach Muschamp looks right past Scar after his great performance and says Bentley is starting.

Suppose he started Scar instead of Bentley and he had another great game? How would that make the coaching staff look if theyíve had Scar all this time and they didnít let him play until they didnít have a choice?
SCFan4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:46 AM   #615
SCFan4me
Recruit

Male

Default Re: Who Starts at QB Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
I understand the perspective

At the same time, there's something to be said about how Scar was consistent when nobody else was. Mizzou's gameplan was to make Scar win it - that's why they stacked the box every single play. They shut down our run game and pressured Scar more than Bentley has been pressured all year. And Scar was still dropping dimes under that pressure.

Going into that final drive with 1 minute to go, I found myself confident that our offense was going to move the ball. Against Kentucky or UGA, there were multiple opportunities Jake had to lead our offense to tie the game, shift momentum, or even take the lead, and I only saw bad incompletions and interceptions from him in those moments.

We were constantly fighting in this game, and every time that Mizzou had us on our heels, I saw Scar step up when he needed to throw a pass. Nothing he could've done about us running the ball so much and the drops, but he was incredibly consistent, especially when it was clutch time.
Great post.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:01 AM   #616
SCFan4me
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic52001 View Post
I want whats best for the team. I dont think MS-12 is at this point, he can change my mind but i just refuse to get all hyped up over a average game agaisnt mizzo.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
I hate to disagree, but Iíd hardly call the Missouri game average. Missouri has an NFL quarterback with tons of experience and that kind of leadership makes a mediocre team much better if the opponent is about equal talent wise. Factor in the weather and then Missouri taking the lead with a 57 yard FG with a minute left and that put Scarnecchia under heavy pressure. Scar moved the team, like a seasoned veteran, into FG position to win the game.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #617
lakemurraycock
Starter

CockyCash: 5357
lakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't think Will would put his two comma job on the line for Bentley's feelings. He said they would go with whoever they felt would give them the best chance to win. Bentley could be yanked. Keep in mind that now other teams have tape on Scar. He may not be able to replicate his performance now.
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #618
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

All I'll say is that it's a lot easier to play in a game where a team has no tape on your strengths, weaknesses and tendencies. Bentley isn't anything great, but he's definitely a better option than Scar.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #619
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFan4me View Post
Scar is a fifth year senior who has watched from the sidelines his whole career until last week. He came in and played great with no interceptions so now Bentley is healthy. Coach Muschamp looks right past Scar after his great performance and says Bentley is starting.

Suppose he started Scar instead of Bentley and he had another great game? How would that make the coaching staff look if they’ve had Scar all this time and they didn’t let him play until they didn’t have a choice?
Human nature is human nature so nothing would surprise me. But I have to believe there is no prejudice or bias and the staff has agreed that Bentley has the most ability of the two and that is why he has started the last 2 years. What cannot be accounted for is how guys will play under pressure. Game day is a lot different than practice. The only way to know is to see them in action.

If both QBs play today and Scar outperforms Bentley then I think Bentley sits for the rest of the year. The staff would face a firestorm of criticism if they continued to start Bentley when Scar plays better.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #620
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

It's a tough decision for sure. I believe Muschamp knows Scar is a better gamer. But he has to show support for Bentley and give him a chance to prove he can be the guy. If he starts to make mistakes I think Scar comes in and that will be the end of the debate.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote