CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockNJersey
thekob
Flips
BringBackGarcia
Lonnie
Wisercock
LegalCock
Flameout12
JDStud6
SC Gamecock
Cause of WR issues? (518)
Worst case scenario (427)
Luck ran out yesterd (423)
Serious Question to (332)
Where are the tight (304)
Man run over by lawn (295)
Gator Fan's Perspect (237)
The Chefs vs the Pat (210)
The critique of the (202)
Thoughts/Prayers App (188)
Bowen declares for NBA dr
The critique of the offen
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Attendance Saturday vs Te
Tennesee Game Time....
Battling Apathy
Serious Question to our f
Current State Of Gamecock
ESPN app??
Just Mediocre

Old 10-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster
Default Yesterday was a true miracle...(long post)

...the likes of which I've never witnessed in my life(I don't have kids, and I've been told that witnessing your child born is very moving). The closest to this was when we beat Florida, in Spurrier's first year, and when we beat Cincinnati in hoops, with a last second 3 pointer.
First of all, it was hot, and everyone was roasting. People were leaving before the half. Skinny people, too. One cloud would float by and we would hope that it would cover up the sun for a few minutes. I had already spent $16 on water and I was contemplating leaving, myself, because several concession stands were out of water. I'll sit in the heat, but I've been in a "no water situation" before and it's not fun. Anyway, the clouds came from the northeast, moving southwest, which is totally opposite of how our weather patterns move in SC, and it started sprinkling. I found a concession stand and bought a coke and water and I said I'd stay as long as it was cloudy, since a lot of people had left.
Then the deluge started. What a relief! The crazy thing about it was that you could see the sun off to the south, the whole time. My girlfriend told me, later, that the radar was only showing a couple of small storms in the entire state, in Aiken, and, right over the stadium.

Let's call it for what it is: Mizzou should have won that game by 31 points, and, they'd easily beat us by that margin if we played again. Our OL can't get a push, and our RBs dance around trying to find a nonexistent hole. We have problems wrapping up on defense.

We're not a very good football team, but Scarnecchia protected the football, and the rains gave our team and our fans the edge. Mizzou lost all their momentum, at the right time, although they got it back, later. Parker White has improved so much. I'm so proud of him. He's done this twice, now, I believe. Our defense won the turnover battle, and, aided by key penalties, caused FGs instead of TDs.

The few fans that stayed until the end are true Gamecocks, and I've never been prouder to be a rooster. Our team has guts and, even though we're not world champions, it will serve them well the rest of the season AND in life.

Yesterday is a great example of the difference between watching a game on TV and being there. To see the changes in momentum and all the little breaks that add up and multiply to change the result of the game in an unexpected way, almost makes you believe that there are football gods.

Go cocks.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Thumbs down Re: Yesterday was a true miracle...(long post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post

Let's call it for what it is: Mizzou should have won that game by 31 points, and, they'd easily beat us by that margin if we played again.

Go cocks.
Stopped reading right there. One of the dumbest comments I have ever read on CT.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Yesterday was a true miracle...(long post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Stopped reading right there. One of the dumbest comments I have ever read on CT.
Agreed just dumb. Lets not talk about the field position they got after the punt f'ups. Both Teams had bad moments in the rain not just Mizzou. Wish I could down vote this thread. Woulda coulda shoulda bs.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
settling for 4 fgs, instead of TDs is 16. They missed a fg, and had a snap issue with the other, one of which we immediately turned into a TD. That's 29, plus the missed 2 point conversion. That's 31 points.
If you don't think that rain helped us, I don't really know what to say.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #5
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Agreed just dumb. Lets not talk about the field position they got after the punt f'ups. Both Teams had bad moments in the rain not just Mizzou. Wish I could down vote this thread. Woulda coulda shoulda bs.
Both teams had 2 special teams mistakes due to the rain. But, we got a pick six and Mizzou missed a fg, in the rain. Plus, they got crucial holding penalties, #59, multiple times.
How do you not think the rain favored us?
Old 10-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #6
USC97
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 2000
USC97 has earned his spursUSC97 has earned his spursUSC97 has earned his spursUSC97 has earned his spursUSC97 has earned his spursUSC97 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Our world is just ultra critical. Easy behind a keyboard. I thought the message of the post was great. I also graduated from Aiken High, so maybe I am biased.

Go Cocks!
USC97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #7
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Both teams had 2 special teams mistakes due to the rain. But, we got a pick six and Mizzou missed a fg, in the rain. Plus, they got crucial holding penalties, #59, multiple times.
How do you not think the rain favored us?
Both Teams had to play in the same weather. Weather doesn't favor anyone. If anything the weather helps the running team and they were certainly better at that than we were. Picks aren't luck man you have to read it and still catch it and in his case score which he did. Thats not luck thats making a play.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #8
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC97 View Post
Our world is just ultra critical. Easy behind a keyboard. I thought the message of the post was great. I also graduated from Aiken High, so maybe I am biased.

Go Cocks!
The message we were lucky to win holds no merit. How lucky was making a 57 yard FG for Mizzou to even take the lead. Whats the % of making that kick yet we still drove down with a minute left to win,.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #9
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

We were lucky to win and we took advantage of the opportunities that we were given.

The RB that stepped out of bounds at the 10 and then they never scored. That score would have ended the game.
The pick 6 was a mix up on their part where the RB went to the wrong spot for the screen.
The failed on side kick led to the first score that got our momentum back.
The missed FG in the rain from 20 yards out that proven to be the difference in the game.

We got lucky. And we capitalized on what they gave us.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #10
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
The message we were lucky to win holds no merit. How lucky was making a 57 yard FG for Mizzou to even take the lead. Whats the % of making that kick yet we still drove down with a minute left to win,.
Can you show me where I used the word "luck" in my post, please? I don't believe o did, and that certainly wasn't my point.
My point was: despite the heat, despite Mizzou being in the red zone almost 10 times, despite the rain, despite the lightning delays, despite the game clock not working, despite the early start, despite the fact that we've got 2 losses, despite the fact that we've played 4 divisional opponents in a row, despite the fact that a lot of people thought we'd lose and sold their tickets....
.... our guys had enough guts to pull of a miracle.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #11
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

The "miracle" was that grounding call...wtf was that
Master Bedroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
Both Teams had to play in the same weather. Weather doesn't favor anyone. If anything the weather helps the running team and they were certainly better at that than we were. Picks aren't luck man you have to read it and still catch it and in his case score which he did. Thats not luck thats making a play.
I never used the word "luck". But, there is momentum in sports, and we had all the momentum when we made the pick six.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #13
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 1825498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Wouldn’t call it a miracle. The difference was obviously the rain in the third where Missouri totally imploded as well as Scar doing just enough at critical times. We also had quite a few mistakes in the 3rd & 4th. Their wrs dropped some in their hands that would have been scores, thanks mostly to the weather.

I doubt we win with any other QB in there other than Scar. Not a knock on anyone but he only tried what the D gave him, made only a few bad throws doing just enough. Honestly, these are two bad teams.

Also, the third quarter lasted about 2x as long as it should have. This should be verified but I’m pretty sure we played 1-1/4 games.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #14
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Can you show me where I used the word "luck" in my post, please? I don't believe o did, and that certainly wasn't my point.
My point was: despite the heat, despite Mizzou being in the red zone almost 10 times, despite the rain, despite the lightning delays, despite the game clock not working, despite the early start, despite the fact that we've got 2 losses, despite the fact that we've played 4 divisional opponents in a row, despite the fact that a lot of people thought we'd lose and sold their tickets....
No big deal I just have a different view. The miracle was Scars ability to throw the ball as well as he did in that storm and his ability to overcome to me some pretty piss poor play calling.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #15
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

So every time a team gets inside the redzone they should score a TD?

So a missed 2 point conversion we should credit them for because those are somehow automatic?

So you take away USC’s points off of a turnover? I wonder if you took away UGA’s or KY’s points off of a turnover when they scored against USC?
Old 10-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #16
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Don’t try to pretend the post was with good intent. You said if we played them again we’d lose by 31 points, which is too idiotic to even comprehend.

Even a Clemson fan wouldn’t spot that crazy crap.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #17
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
No big deal I just have a different view. The miracle was Scars ability to throw the ball as well as he did in that storm and his ability to overcome to me some pretty piss poor play calling.
Yeah, there was some head scratching calls, particularly the fake fg, and that draw, near the end of the game. I also think we could have burned them deep a few times.
I guess my downfall is that I tend to respect other teams and I never look down on them and think they're beneath us. Maybe I think we beat a better team than you guys do.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #18
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
So every time a team gets inside the redzone they should score a TD?

So a missed 2 point conversion we should credit them for because those are somehow automatic?

So you take away USC’s points off of a turnover? I wonder if you took away UGA’s or KY’s points off of a turnover when they scored against USC?
They were inside the 5 yard line, many times, sometimes at the 2 yard line. Every time we held them to a fg, that's a 4 point difference. With the missed fg, and immediate TD, that's a 10 point swing. Do you not understand basic mathematics?
Old 10-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #19
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
They were inside the 5 yard line, many times, sometimes at the 2 yard line. Every time we held them to a fg, that's a 4 point difference. With the missed fg, and immediate TD, that's a 10 point swing. Do you not understand basic mathematics?
But scores are never a given. Yeah we caught some breaks but they did as well. The rain should have really helped them while we had no running game. Teams make the breaks the get there not given.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #20
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
Don’t try to pretend the post was with good intent. You said if we played them again we’d lose by 31 points, which is too idiotic to even comprehend.

Even a Clemson fan wouldn’t spot that crazy crap.
We probably would lose. But, it would be a different game, than yesterday. Everything that happened, that combined together, brought us victory, wouldn't happen. All the variables. The 31 was the number of points that I calculated Mizzou didn't score.

Just curious, jerk: did you stand in the rain with the rest of us?