CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Captain9Dragons
CockyLifer
Flameout12
FurmanCock
Ironfan
Order 66
Master Bedroom
rt3891
NinjaSven
Convince me these ar (1018)
Korey Banks transfer (896)
Pickens needs your H (555)
Muschamp's signature (538)
One Thing We Can All (443)
SEC QB FACTS ...... (426)
I finally figured ou (356)
Handing out rep like (311)
A Few Thoughts On Th (291)
SEC teams mid-season (103)
Bowen declares for NBA dr
Zion Williamson pay to pl
UGA Dropping 4 Star Playe
SEC teams mid-season repo
***Men's Soccer 2018 Seas
Pickens needs your Help
The drops aren't on the r
Serious Question to our f
Battling Apathy
A Few Thoughts On This Se

Old 10-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #21
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Yesterday was a true miracle...(long post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Mizzou should have won that game by 31 points,
But they didn't, so who cares?
Old 10-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #22
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:

Let's call it for what it is: Mizzou should have won that game by 31 points, and, they'd easily beat us by that margin if we played again.

Go cocks.
So many flaws in your logic.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #23
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
settling for 4 fgs, instead of TDs is 16. They missed a fg, and had a snap issue with the other, one of which we immediately turned into a TD. That's 29, plus the missed 2 point conversion. That's 31 points.
If you don't think that rain helped us, I don't really know what to say.
Sure the rain helped us, but it also cost us 10 points because our punter dropped the ball at our own 20 twice.

Rain or no rain, our red zone defense was solid. Sure it helped that Mizzou couldn't really pass on a couple of those drives, but we stopped them from scoring in the red zone like 5 times - most of them not in the rain.

Mizzou is the #7 offense in the country. The rain itself isn't gonna stop a top 10 offense. It took multiple defensive stands.

Also, if we were to play them again, I would bet you we would play better offensively. Coaches decided to run the ball a lot early in order to take the heat off of Scar, and it killed our momentum early to run when we didn't need to. If we were to play again, I'd think our play calling would be more even.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #24
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
We probably would lose. But, it would be a different game, than yesterday. Everything that happened, that combined together, brought us victory, wouldn't happen. All the variables. The 31 was the number of points that I calculated Mizzou didn't score.

Just curious, jerk: did you stand in the rain with the rest of us?
Regardless we won and all of us are happy. We all have opinions no ones right or wrong.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #25
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
Sure the rain helped us, but it also cost us 10 points because our punter dropped the ball at our own 20 twice.

Rain or no rain, our red zone defense was solid. Sure it helped that Mizzou couldn't really pass on a couple of those drives, but we stopped them from scoring in the red zone like 5 times - most of them not in the rain.

Mizzou is the #7 offense in the country. The rain itself isn't gonna stop a top 10 offense. It took multiple defensive stands.

Also, if we were to play them again, I would bet you we would play better offensively. Coaches decided to run the ball a lot early in order to take the heat off of Scar, and it killed our momentum early to run when we didn't need to. If we were to play again, I'd think our play calling would be more even.
I may be wrong on this but I think someone said we are/were #2 in the Nation in red zone Defense. This is a lot like those Charlie Strong Defenses.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #26
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 35000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
We probably would lose.

So Im confused here.

Which is it? We probably would lose or wed lose by at least 31?

Make up your mind.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #27
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Regardless we won and all of us are happy. We all have opinions no ones right or wrong.
No, I'm always too opinionated, and usually wrong. Just wanted to have a good conversation, on Sunday afternoon, after a great win. But, that's impossible in the digital world.

Y'all take it easy.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #28
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
No, I'm always too opinionated, and usually wrong. Just wanted to have a good conversation, on Sunday afternoon, after a great win. But, that's impossible in the digital world.

Y'all take it easy.
Its all good brother.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #29
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Both teams had 2 special teams mistakes due to the rain. But, we got a pick six and Mizzou missed a fg, in the rain. Plus, they got crucial holding penalties, #59, multiple times.
How do you not think the rain favored us?
I was there and I agree, the rain was the momentum changer. I never leave early, but the heat has been oppressive at every game this season. We need Ray to put some pressure on to get us more early season night games.

I got wet, but it felt much better than the heat. With us in the lead, the lightning delays weren't even that bad.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #30
gamecockbythesea
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
gamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his comb

I really enjoyed reading your perspective of the game. This message board can be brutal to anyone but the 5-8 major contributors. Go Gamecocks!
gamecockbythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #31
gAmkok
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

To OP, I appreciate your perspective. I was watching from home and share many of your assessments. Kudos for your for sticking it out and staying to the end.

To everyone on OP's back for posting his thoughts, lighten up. It's football not politics.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:22 PM   #32
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

It was just a football game dude...
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #33
Wham
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Wham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot material

As far a true miracle games (IMO) it is behind, (in no particular order), Shaw off the bench at the wrong Columbia, "The Fade", Achilles vs 'bama a few years back, and 1980 Wake Forest.
Wham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #34
ba55nec4r
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
We probably would lose. But, it would be a different game, than yesterday. Everything that happened, that combined together, brought us victory, wouldn't happen. All the variables. The 31 was the number of points that I calculated Mizzou didn't score.

Bro you got ran through so hard all you can come up with is "were you there"

All of you pessimists deserve to be called out. We fought our ass off and won a big game and we'll fight next week too. Everyone just assuming we'll get drug or would get drug that's cool, but expect to be called on it when you're wrong or you post something ridiculous. This was ridiculous.
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #35
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 400
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

I was thinking the Columbia Tigers were going to win big.

But once our guys forced Missouri to settle for FGs instead of TDs, I felt like we would find a way to win.

And if we played them again on a dry field, I think we would find a way to win again.

Last edited by cocknblue; 10-07-2018 at 08:43 PM..
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:53 PM   #36
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:

If you're going to add 4 points to all of their fg then you have to do the same for us and you have absolutely no way of knowing that some of the same variables wouldn't show up again. You should have actually said " if we played again and Missouri was perfect and we still made all our mistakes they would win by 31".
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #37
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
settling for 4 fgs, instead of TDs is 16. They missed a fg, and had a snap issue with the other, one of which we immediately turned into a TD. That's 29, plus the missed 2 point conversion. That's 31 points.
If you don't think that rain helped us, I don't really know what to say.
I think the rain covered the entire field. We adjusted and played well, they didn’t. Lock threw 2 picks, Mike didn’t. Our only significant mistakes were the 2 mishandled punts and 2 dropped passes. They mishandled a punt. They screwed up a kickoff, they had numerous ill-timed penalties. All plays count. We ran the ball more than many wanted to see, but that was done to balance the offense and also put Mike in manageable situations. He managed the down and distance well. Muschamp is now 10-3 at Carolina in games decided by 7 points or less. Hard to find fault with that kind of success. But some on here would rather win the stats than the score. We’ve played 4 SEC games, Missouri has played 2. Yesterday’s game used to always be the ones we lost. I’ve seen it happen far too many times.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #38
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

The Moon was shinin' on the gamecocks!
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #39
GamecockInHell
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1802785
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

There were many games through the years that our guys played just good enough to lose. I'm glad it was Mizzou who did it yesterday. And they seem to be pretty good at it.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #40
Mookie9
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spurs

Some of you really take yourselves seriously. Probably the same people that tweet at football analysts that aren't bending over patting South Carolina teams on the back.
Mookie9 is offline   Reply With Quote