CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
taylorssc
Spur's Addiction
TaySC
SheckWes
etowngangsta
rt3891
wildwes
TastyLicks
TAFC 5 1981
Facilities (1708)
Getting Paid. (1350)
Muschamp: the anti- (1066)
2020 Charlie Spegal (875)
Didn't catch the lat (466)
Hey Y'all...Penny Ma (271)
Football staff raise (218)
2020 Warm / Warmer / (186)
2020 - Deidrick Stan (161)
Dinosaur footprints (146)
2019 Recruiting Early Sig
2019 - Jashawn Sheffield
Getting Paid.
Facilities
Vote for Hilinski
100 DAYS!!!
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
2019 - Reddy Steward
2019 - Samuel Brooks - Mi
2020 - Deidrick Stanley

Old 10-09-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Watch the pass blocking on this play.

Deebo's TD in the second.

I must admit, first I said, WTF? and then I chuckled.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:40 AM   #2
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 16418
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Watch the pass blocking on this play.

Very smart blocking, gives the QB better sight lines for a crossing route. Could have used that block on the ball thrown into the DT later in the game.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:41 AM   #3
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

It's called flop blocking.

Wolfie....
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #4
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Except when done by FCS teams, then it's called cut blocking.

I can dig it, I just thought it was funny. I actually didn't see it originally. Then I looked and saw all our guys on their bellies. I replayed the clip and that when I noticed it.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

This is by design...

EDIT: Jumped the gun and posted this. Sorry. Looks like you knew it was by design the whole time.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

I liked Mike's use of his shoulder to pump fake and how he turns and throws the strike to Deebo. He doesn't waive the ball in the air or handle it loosely, but his shoulder movement drew the defense that way just enough.

Check that. The man in motion drew the defense and left a small opening for Deebo. But I still like to see a QB use the pump fake. To me, it means he is looking over the entire field and not focused on one receiver.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #7
Flips
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Flips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I liked Mike's use of his shoulder to pump fake and how he turns and throws the strike to Deebo. He doesn't waive the ball in the air or handle it loosely, but his shoulder movement drew the defense that way just enough.

Check that. The man in motion drew the defense and left a small opening for Deebo. But I still like to see a QB use the pump fake. To me, it means he is looking over the entire field and not focused on one receiver.
That was a part of the design of the play, given that he does it so quickly. Great play design, hopefully we keep it in with Jake back in. Or throw it to the flat and catch them flat footed.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #8
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post

Wolfie....
Some of out past O-lines have done a variation of this technique. Of course they flopped backwards instead of forwards, and it was heavy on the flop part and light on the block part.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #9
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Right side...backyard....backside slant...caught, TD Carolina

As only Todd could say it
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote