CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
taylorssc
Spur's Addiction
TaySC
etowngangsta
SheckWes
rt3891
wildwes
TastyLicks
TAFC 5 1981
Facilities (1708)
Getting Paid. (1350)
Muschamp: the anti- (1066)
2020 Charlie Spegal (875)
Didn't catch the lat (466)
Hey Y'all...Penny Ma (271)
Football staff raise (218)
2020 Warm / Warmer / (186)
2020 - Deidrick Stan (161)
Dinosaur footprints (146)
Facilities
2019 - Jashawn Sheffield
Vote for Hilinski
100 DAYS!!!
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
2019 - Reddy Steward
2019 - Samuel Brooks - Mi
2020 - Deidrick Stanley
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - John Dixon

Old 10-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #1
4NCSU
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb
Default Quick Question

Thank you to the nice folks on here that are Gamecock fans. My wife, kids, and I live in southeastern GA: about 2 hr., 10 min. from Columbia.

I'm an NCSU grad ('94) grad and fan. Took my son, 14, to two South Carolina games last year: Arkansas and Florida. Enjoyed it. Week before last we were in NC and took him to NC State-Virginia and that was the first time he'd been to a State game; first time I'd been in Carter-Finley in 10 years.

Anyway, might go to the SC-TA&M game this Sat. or go see SC in a few weeks when Tenn. comes to town.

The shuttle bus lot, will this be open to fair goers, too? Thinking about parking this Sat. How far is the the walk from that lot to the stadium? 1 mile or 2? Do you think I can get 2 lower deck seats for $90-$100 total from a scalper? Last year, I paid $100 for 2 upper deck seats for SC-Ark.: a little too much. Then with SC-Fl., paid a FL fan $60 for 2 upper deck seats. He was a decent guy.

Also thinking about carrying the son to a UGA game in Athens in Nov. But I've checked ticket prices online and they're way up there. If we go, it would be to see UGA-Mass. as that would be the cheapest ticket.
4NCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
Mistah210
Walk On

Male

Mistah210 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Quick Question

Busses- I wouldn't see why not. The shuttle just collects your $3 and transports you to the fairgrounds. Usually begins running 3 hours prior to kickoff. There may be more traffic for the shuttle, since all the fairgrounds parking is unavailable. According to Google Maps the walk from Colonial Life Arena to Williams-Brice is 2.1 miles. Another option, if you're early enough, would be to park in the fair parking lot, it'll be first come first served for the fair, $5 or $10 if I remember right.

Tickets- you should be able to find tickets for that price. Different game, obviously, but my parents nearly purchased two lower-deck tickets for Mizzou last weekend from a scalper for $90 total. Uppers shouldn't be more than that, even for a more popular game. Fair admission is free with a game ticket before the game so make sure you get your tickets before going to the fair :)
Mistah210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

I did the shuttle thing for the first time this past Saturday, to save money. Going to the stadium was nice. Going back sucked, because the game was delayed, and they took up all the cones, after the game, and it was normal traffic, including trains.
It's $3 and they drop you off on the north side of the fairgrounds, and, you gotta walk around. Just walk west to Bluff Road and then South. Not a bad walk. Make sure to get a wrist band to get the free ride back. It's a good option for games where you're not gonna tailgate.

The trick to buying tickets, is, simply look presentable and tell the person you're going to actually see the game. Never buy from anyone holding up a bunch of tickets. Profile a man or woman who you stereotype as someone who has season tickets. Likely, a family member can't make it, and they'll sell them to you. I've never paid over face value, but, I will pay face value, because they got more money tied up in the ticket than that. I still make y donation, every year, so I know.
Noon games are the easiest, no matter who we play. aTm is a bigger game, and it's at 3:30, so it might be a little tougher. Tennessee sucks, so that one will be easy to get tickets, too.
Never bought a ticket outside of Sanford Stadium in Athens, but, the 3rd upper deck was never completely full anytime I've been to see Carolina play them. Obviously, with them being highly ranked, tickets will be a little more expensive. But, the parking is free in Athena and the bus ride is free, so that helps! Just park at the Intermural baseball fields parking lot.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #4
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Why do questions always have to be "quick"? And this question obviously is not quick.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #5
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Why do questions always have to be "quick"? And this question obviously is not quick.
I think a "quick question" implies a straightforward answer and NOT a debate. Obviously, this guy lives in Hinesville or Brunswick and he doesn't want to get in a bind when he gets to Columbia. People with kids can't just "wing it" dude.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #6
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
I think a "quick question" implies a straightforward answer and NOT a debate. Obviously, this guy lives in Hinesville or Brunswick and he doesn't want to get in a bind when he gets to Columbia. People with kids can't just "wing it" dude.
My bad. It says he lives in Sylvania, home of Koyo Bearings and Screven County Gamecocks.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:38 PM   #7
4NCSU
Walk On

Male

4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb4NCSU is developing his comb

Thanks, y'all. I see you've got the Ric Flair emoticon. My Dad was a huge Ric Flair fan as I grew up. Saw him wrestle Steamboat, Harley, Sting, Jimmy Valiant, Piper. Ric was incredibly popular in Raleigh.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #8
4NCSU
Walk On

Male

Considering going tomorrow with my 14 year old. Lean towards it: 60-70%. If we leave at 9, go eat at Maurice's at 11, and get to lot at basketball arena, do you think this is a good plan? Do you think I can park at the lot near the arena bet. 12-12:30 and take shuttle? Or will fairgoers already be there? If not there, where is other near public parking and cost?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #9
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NCSU View Post
Considering going tomorrow with my 14 year old. Lean towards it: 60-70%. If we leave at 9, go eat at Maurice's at 11, and get to lot at basketball arena, do you think this is a good plan? Do you think I can park at the lot near the arena bet. 12-12:30 and take shuttle? Or will fairgoers already be there? If not there, where is other near public parking and cost?

Thanks.
Switch out Hudson's Smokehouse for Maurice. It's better barbque and just a hop off of i20.

Last edited by sosfan812; 10-12-2018 at 04:33 PM..
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #10
highstick
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
highstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot material

PM me, Wolfpacker...Moi Aussi, but I'm a Gamecock and Wolfpack Club member. I can give you some options depending on what you're looking for. And I try to keep the price reasonable.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #11
wildwes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5353
wildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4NCSU View Post

Thanks.
For some of the best BBQ and rice & hash around, eat at Palmetto Pig that is only a couple blocks from shuttle parking lot. Look at Columbia CraigsList for tickets as low as $15 each.