CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Gamecocks1137
TaySC
Blackland
MEL
gotrice?
wumarshall82
GregoryHouse
Senior Rooster
GoldenSpur7
**USC vs. Wofford GA (15472)
Clemson (1212)
8-3 (2nd East) (1093)
First Time Since 201 (1055)
That was Jakes best (1026)
Clemson fairgrounds (603)
Don't underestimate (530)
Inside the Locker Ro (456)
Malcolm Young Dead (430)
First for everything (265)
8-3 (2nd East)
Game replay or on YouTube
2018 - Channing Tindall
First Time Since 2013...
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
**USC vs. Wofford GAME Th
Marcus Lattimore Wounded
Cooler and crock pot inse
Clemson fairgrounds parki
Ugliest uniforms around

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #61
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 21028
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Offensive Line Has A Long, Long Way To Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Please. For those of you that are so negative tonight go back and watch the game again. You were not watching the same game I was.

We give up one TD on a busted play on the road and contained a team that scored 70 and you are upset defense didn't play well.

We score 31, control the clock, put up 170 yards rushing with a stacked box, and grounded out a win where we had a good game plan. And the offense and OL suck.

Yes there is room for improvement but for all of you that are so negative tonight I don't know what to tell you. That was a good, solid performance.
Ignore them. Cocky Talk is and always will be full of O-line haters.

The line played a splendid game.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #62
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
sandstorm2001 the drive prior to the muff was really the only opportunity we had for a long drive after we went up 2 scores. we started that next possession after going up 31-13 on the mizzou side of the field and the 3 runs actually got us to a 4th and 1, then we took the delay of game to set up the punt. then on our final possession we moved the chains before kneeling on the final play.

all in all, id only consider the drive prior to the muff to be a bad drive. definitely an improvement over nc state when it was 35-21, after which we were pretty much terrible on 1st and 3rd downs over a 5 possession stretch.
All I'm saying is, two games doesn't make a "trend", but trends gotta start somewhere. I'd like to see us protecting leads in the 4th quarter on offense by moving the ball better and running the clock when we need to. I feel like given what we've seen on the field in these situations thus far that's a pretty fair assessment.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:58 PM   #63
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 180000000000000000
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Lord, I know you don't pick football favorites. I simply want to thank you for allowing me to live long enough to see the start of another season, and an inspiring beginning at that. As for our less satisfied fans, Lord, if you could aid them in savoring our team's wins instead of finding fault with winners, that'd be a huge victory itself. Your fan!
Old 09-10-2017, 07:08 PM   #64
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10430000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post

Lord, I know you don't pick football favorites. I simply want to thank you for allowing me to live long enough to see the start of another season, and an inspiring beginning at that. As for our less satisfied fans, Lord, if you could aid them in savoring our team's wins instead of finding fault with winners, that'd be a huge victory itself. Your fan!

AMEN!!! Brother.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #65
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post

As for our less satisfied fans, Lord, if you could aid them in savoring our team's wins instead of finding fault with winners, that'd be a huge victory itself. Your fan!
I wish!
Old 09-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #66
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Looks like a little competition for next week at LT.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #67
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Looks like a little competition for next week at LT.
We all knew Dennis Daley had an up side.

Malik had 2 holding calls, didn't he?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #68
Goofyboy
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post

Yep. It looked like he hooked the guy both times. We had 4 penalties, and he got half of them.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:19 AM   #69
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Yeah I re-watched the game yesterday morning, Malik had two holding calls and got beat pretty badly on a 3rd down play. I didn't want people to accuse me of being negative. He is pretty athletic despite these few miscues. He gets out pretty well and blocks down field on some of these screen passes.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #70
gsgp
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000000500
gsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudlygsgp is crowing loudly

Correct folks might start doing that to force Jake to release faster or prove he can run. Now they show no respect for his running. Oline did good .
Old 09-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #71
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Malik will be fine with more coaching and playing time. He is athletic enough to play LT but just doesnt have the experience to be a every game starter at that position right now. CWM will give Daley a look during practice this week and then make a call Friday on who will play LT. Who know maybe Malik maintains the position or maybe he want, but I fully expect Malik to be a rock at LT in the future.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #72
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 197300
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Missouri State apparently has a better line than us because they pushed Mizzou around and we could barely muster anything running between the tackles. Pass protection was also much worse than last week I tough. Knott and Young spend a lot of time looking backwards. OL recruiting has been bad the past few years and it shows, we need to recruit better at OL starting this year
If we're running alot of RPO's (and we are) I'm not overly worried about rushing yards when the defense is stacking the box and giving us the pass over the run.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #73
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 64640
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post

If you go back and look at hurst score on the jet sweep you will notice daley not doing a darn thing but jogging and watching. he caused hayden to get blasted in the end zone. all the guy had to do was look upfield and make a block.

i guarantee that was seen on film and wont happen again.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #74
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

yeah, Edwards and Williams made the blocks on that one. Hayden also ran over three dudes.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #75
Wisercock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

When you have a big TOP margin and score 31 points against a SEC defense on the road you are doing something right on offense. Lots of room for improvement in all aspects, but we are on the right trajectory.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:03 PM   #76
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 25500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material
Default And all of the sudden, the team from two years ago shows back up...

I really do NOT understand what I was watching out there tonight. This to me, is more disappointing than the citadel game. But I knew as soon as I saw only one of the flame machines worked, during the 2001 entrance that we were in trouble. I thought maybe I was wrong when Deebo took it to the house. But as soon as I saw the three and out after the first turnover, it creeped back into my mind. I didn't think anyone could look as bad as Mizzou did today, but surely the football gods just had to prove me wrong.
Jake looked horrible for most of the game, not being able to hit the water if he fell out of a boat, and rico ran like he was scared, turning his back at the goal line. So like I said, I do NOT understand what I was seeing out there. This game put a sickening feeling in my gut, that probably will not go away for the entire week. How could a team who have played away from home without penalties and with strength and resilience, play absent of all of that in their first game at home???? Furthermore, how could a team who struggles against div II teams, come into our house and manhandle us??? It just boggles the imagination. All of the strength and stamina this team showed in the first two games, was completely absent tonight. I'm flabbergasted, and even if we could somehow come back and win this game, I would still be depressed by what I've seen here tonight.

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...

Last edited by snoopcockycock; 09-16-2017 at 11:25 PM..
Old 09-16-2017, 11:05 PM   #77
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot material
Default Re: And all of the sudden, the team from two years ago shows back up...

Pump the brakes maybe?
Old 09-16-2017, 11:11 PM   #78
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 487756
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

sports
Old 09-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #79
TheGameCockFanOfY
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 263
TheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudlyTheGameCockFanOfY is crowing loudly

I think that most of us didn't really expect to win all of our first three games.

Just gotta fix the problems and bounce back.

It is still disappointing to look unprepared though.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:21 PM   #80
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

We're a bad team that beat 2 bad teams.

We will not spend for real coordinators
Closed Thread