CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gotrice?
cockinraleigh
CockNJersey
RGHoskins
gsgp
Captain9Dragons
USCharleston2
JerseyBird
Blitzkrieg
Ahmad
What do you need to (1142)
Qb's under pressure (724)
Garnet helmets and j (706)
Nebraska Fired Shawn (412)
Jake Bentley analysi (404)
Arkansas Kick Time (336)
Week 4 College Footb (201)
***Ace Of Spades - M (143)
***Wildfire - Equest (141)
Fall Softball 2017 (120)
Qb's under pressure SEC
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
Crowd Against La Tech
2018 Commitment - RJ Rode
Jake Bentley analysis
***Can You Dig It? - Voll
Week 4 College Football F
Nebraska Fired Shawn Eich
2017 High School Football

Old 09-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #41
cockinraleigh
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material
Default Re: Refuting the Ball Calls!!

If there's one thing I hate, it's a ball call.
cockinraleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #42
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
It looked like Jake flopped to me. Didn't look hard enough of a bump to knock him down.
That was absolutely a flop--and I think they should coach kickers and qbs on it.

And I would also have a called play for a player to have 'a cramp' on defense whenever the other team was in a hurry up and we were scrambling.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #43
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Watching Ty'Son's interview, he said next time he would dive at the pylon, I bet he wont make that mistake again.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #44
MjGCock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 342
MjGCock is developing his combMjGCock is developing his combMjGCock is developing his combMjGCock is developing his combMjGCock is developing his combMjGCock is developing his combMjGCock is developing his combMjGCock is developing his combMjGCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
He did and I laughed about it. Can't blame the kid for trying.
I think if it was someone else's QB most people would be bitching about flopping. I think it is unnecessary and I wish he'd stop doing it. If I don't want other QBs doing it I don't want ours.
MjGCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:18 PM   #45
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

All that and a dropped F bomb by Mike Golic Jr.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #46
05USCGrad
i'm probably lying

Male

CockyCash: 100950
05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material05USCGrad is USC mascot material

Quote:
PITTSBURGH—According to a study published Friday in the Journal Of Quantitative Analysis In Sports, an overwhelming majority of bullsh*t rulings made by NFL officials go in favor of the opposing team. “The data in our findings conclusively proved that most horsesh*t calls not only go to the other team, but also occur very late in games,” said lead researcher Dr. Alexander Ferguson, a statistical analyst at Carnegie Mellon University. “In addition, we found that of the officials who make dumb*ss calls, 58 percent don’t know what the hell they’re doing out there, 23 percent must be watching a completely different god*amn game, and a further 19 percent are just totally f*cking blind.” The study, which confirmed that the majority of bullsh*t calls are game-changing decisions, also found that rulings that help your team are simply lucky breaks that would not have affected the ultimate outcome of the game anyway.
http://www.theonion.com/article/new-...ocialMarketing
Old 09-12-2017, 10:34 PM   #47
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162500
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05USCGrad View Post
I understand why you posted this, but we didn't lose to Mizzou at the last second. In fact we handed them their ass. We're talking about plays where we still scored on a drive but there were still BS calls throughout that drive against us. Besides, I'm not the type of guy to remanence on close losses by complaining about controversial calls. I'm doing it here because they legit sucked even though we beat their ass.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #48
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

The one that made me shake my head was after we recovered the muffed punt and the dumbass ref pointed first-down for Mizzou. He turned it around soon after of course but I was thinking at the time that between that pair of feeble-minded announcers and the crappy referee, we were getting the bottom of the barrel last week.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 AM   #49
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

[quote=2000grad;5049281]First, those are auxillary markers and attempt to mirror the official line to gain chains on the visitor sidelines. Those are the ones the Head Linesman works with to spot the ball and set thr chains. Second, the side judge was in a perfect position to judge the goal line call. Third, the camera angle is diagonally behind and in front of the goal line, so it gives an appearance that the ball is further than it actually is. Personally, it was a good call from the side judge and the crew did a good job overall.[/QUOTE]

stop, you must be an official and it must be professional courtesy to stick up for other refs. They did not do a good job
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #50
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

im not sure the disputed 4th down call was entirely inaccurate, the yellow line was off. mizzou just needed to get to the 32 yard line, so where the official came in with the spot probably was a 1st down. did it merit a measurement? of course. also i agree its certainly disputable that the back even made it to the 32.

going back and looking where they initially started the drive it was right on the 22 yard line, but the funny thing is the punt landed in bounds at the 19 and bounced out of bounds where skai caught it inside the 20. the official spotting the ball is far away so generally youre going to see some inaccurate spots on punts that go out of bounds but that was particularly bad considering the punt landed in bounds. skai did start walking up the field with the ball, he probably should have set the ball down right where he caught it. i wonder if the official still would have spotted it at the 22.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #51
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

The call on the non td at the end of the game was real Busch league too. You can't signal before you see if they guy controls the ball to the ground. He is throwing up the TD sign while the receiver is still not to the ground and the ball is on his ass.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote