CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Blitzkrieg
Flameout12
BarnyardBoss
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Senior Rooster
AR1
Can the Browns be sa (651)
Official 10/21 games (619)
Bye week VENT THREAD (552)
Alshon, Clowney & (362)
What A Sight (232)
NFL: PANTHERS @ BEA (93)
NFL: BENGALS @ STEEL (90)
NFL: REDSKINS @ EAGL (76)
NFL: BRONCOS @ CHARG (76)
NFL: FALCONS @ PATR (74)
Bye week VENT THREAD
2017/18 MBB Schedule
2017 Roster
College Football 2017
Name a Gamecock
What A Sight
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
Georgia State University
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:49 AM   #21
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Quote from an NFL scout that attended a practice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
I will sip my tea and just laugh.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #22
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
We squandered our chances? Really? What makes you say that? Also why are you posting if you've given up on our team?

Btw you aren't living in reality. Let me guess, you think Spurrier was our best chance to win big right?
LOL

There are some people who want so badly for Muschamp to fail because he was not the hire they wanted that they actually hope the team does poorly. I can't actually wrap my head around this, but seems to be the case for this poster.

I am not saying that Muschamp will take us to a national championship in a few years, but he will turn this program around and take it in the right direction.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #23
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 128525262
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Empirical evidence states we will not be good.

Supposedly we are suppose to accept wishful thinking because optimist are right and optimism is a better state of mind when pondering football, a game. No, not really.

Just accept things for what they are and keep moving forward. I haven't been upset in 2-1/2 seasons about this football team and it's a great place to be. I've been caring too much for nearly 40 years and acceptance of reality isn't a bad thing. One compensates.

Gamecock football has squandered it's chances for the next couple of decades at least, my lifetime, and we are looking more and more like a another 90's decade of football. Sad, but reality. I'm not mad or upset...anymore. I just have real expectations.

But, but everything will be A-OK. How's that for optimism, or does optimism only apply if you're living in fantasyland?

On a positive note, the skill positions should be better and generate some excitement. Should win one we shouldn't through incredible effort by this group.

But over the last 4 recruiting cycles we've fallen way behind our competition in the trenches. And DBs...we were once known as DBU, but no more. It's ugly back there in elite talent and combine that with a poor pass rush...we will lose too many games we shouldn't.

Go cocks!

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
Old 08-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #24
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
LOL

There are some people who want so badly for Muschamp to fail because he was not the hire they wanted that they actually hope the team does poorly. I can't actually wrap my head around this, but seems to be the case for this poster.

I am not saying that Muschamp will take us to a national championship in a few years, but he will turn this program around and take it in the right direction.
Haha It's mental. Herman was my first choice but that doesn't mean I hope Champ fails so we can snatch him from Texas, which will never happen despite some posters wishes. Some still wish we had Smart...no thanks. Champ has taken our program into the 21st century and will continue to improve our team. I think a lot of it also because these people see the big boys winning "effortlessly" and think anyone can in a short amount of time. Newsflash to them; we were an independent team for YEARS with previous football and administrative staffs that had no idea how to effectively run the program apart from say Joe Morrison. Holtz brought us into the spotlight but massively underachieved. Spurrier truly showed what is possible here and Champ will take it to the next level.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #25
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Go cocks!
Old 08-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #26
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
We squandered our chances? Really? What makes you say that? Also why are you posting if you've given up on our team?

Btw you aren't living in reality. Let me guess, you think Spurrier was our best chance to win big right?
Yes, our program was ahead of tater U and now look where they are and we are.
I can't have an opinion because it's not about pretty things said and kumbaya sentiments? Are you a SJW too?

I'm not living in reality concerning Gamecock football?

We did win big with SOS. 33-3 in a 3 season span and 5 straight over one's rival isn't a bad stretch. How many straight bowl games?

I'd say SOS had us on the pinnacle and like I said when he was hired, he will win big here and when he leaves the cupboard won't be dry. The next coach after him will put us over the top. Boy was I right or was I wrong? I guess neither.

I think WM is better than 6-7, but he's not going to take us to where SOS had us. We needed an offensive mind. Even SOS couldn't keep up with today's offensive scoring needs to win the biggest games.

Defenses get blown out every week in college football. Offense wins games, not defenses of lore. WM has proven the opposite.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #27
Wisercock
Bowl MVP

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Haha It's mental. Herman was my first choice but that doesn't mean I hope Champ fails so we can snatch him from Texas, which will never happen despite some posters wishes. Some still wish we had Smart...no thanks. Champ has taken our program into the 21st century and will continue to improve our team. I think a lot of it also because these people see the big boys winning "effortlessly" and think anyone can in a short amount of time. Newsflash to them; we were an independent team for YEARS with previous football and administrative staffs that had no idea how to effectively run the program apart from say Joe Morrison. Holtz brought us into the spotlight but massively underachieved. Spurrier truly showed what is possible here and Champ will take it to the next level.
I'm glad we didn't hire either Herman or Smart. Champ's heart is fully invested here. Both of them would have had an eye on another job if they had come here. That doesn't mean he will win, but he is doing everything the right way. He reminds me of Joe Morrison except that I think he has more resources. The key is whether or not he has the right people under him. Roper is still the biggest question mark to me.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #28
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I'm glad we didn't hire either Herman or Smart. Champ's heart is fully invested here. Both of them would have had an eye on another job if they had come here. That doesn't mean he will win, but he is doing everything the right way. He reminds me of Joe Morrison except that I think he has more resources. The key is whether or not he has the right people under him. Roper is still the biggest question mark to me.
I have a good feeling about Roper. The guy's football knowledge is off the charts. People here joke all the time about the mythical page 2 of his playbook but with the level of skill players we have now on offense and an OL that looks re energized I bet he opens up the playbook this season and shows what his offense can really do. And I agree about Herman and Smart. With Herman what stood out for me was his interview after our loss to the Citadel. It was clear he wanted to go somewhere with a team that was already made and not in rebuild mode. Not the guy we need.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #29
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have a good feeling about Roper. The guy's football knowledge is off the charts. People here joke all the time about the mythical page 2 of his playbook but with the level of skill players we have now on offense and an OL that looks re energized I bet he opens up the playbook this season and shows what his offense can really do. And I agree about Herman and Smart. With Herman what stood out for me was his interview after our loss to the Citadel. It was clear he wanted to go somewhere with a team that was already made and not in rebuild mode. Not the guy we need.
If Roper lights it up this year like I think he has the potential to. I hope we see some folks eating crow.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #30
Take-a-Knee
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

I remember going to Columbia and watching Morrison and the Gamecocks practice/scrimmage pre-season when I think Ricky Haygood was DT . I just had a feeling something was a cut above about that team . I hope the NFL scout mentioned had something stand out to him like that too . Just that something special you can't really put your finger on . Cue Rocky Balboa training in the meat packing plant ..

Old 08-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #31
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Quote:
In relation to our competition...

OL subpar. Probably better than last year, but is that saying much?
DL subpar. Who knows.
DBs subpar. LoL

More of the same.
Or this

OL better
DL better
DB young but talented
Old 08-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #32
Tailfeathers
Starter

Quote:
If Roper lights it up this year like I think he has the potential to. I hope we see some folks eating crow.
Roper lighting it up and me eating crow? Pipe dream.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #33
Tailfeathers
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Or this

OL better
DL better
DB young but talented
Or no, that's not actually true, but it sounds good.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #34
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Quote:
Empirical evidence states we will not be good.

Supposedly we are suppose to accept wishful thinking because optimist are right and optimism is a better state of mind when pondering football, a game. No, not really.

Just accept things for what they are and keep moving forward. I haven't been upset in 2-1/2 seasons about this football team and it's a great place to be. I've been caring too much for nearly 40 years and acceptance of reality isn't a bad thing. One compensates.

Gamecock football has squandered it's chances for the next couple of decades at least, my lifetime, and we are looking more and more like a another 90's decade of football. Sad, but reality. I'm not mad or upset...anymore. I just have real expectations.

But, but everything will be A-OK. How's that for optimism, or does optimism only apply if you're living in fantasyland?

On a positive note, the skill positions should be better and generate some excitement. Should win one we shouldn't through incredible effort by this group.

But over the last 4 recruiting cycles we've fallen way behind our competition in the trenches. And DBs...we were once known as DBU, but no more. It's ugly back there in elite talent and combine that with a poor pass rush...we will lose too many games we shouldn't.
What empirical evidence do you have. Your entire post is based on your opinion but zero facts.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #35
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Or no, that's not actually true, but it sounds good.
I'm basing that on what Muschamp says. So until proven otherwise, I'll go with his opinion.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #36
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Roper lighting it up and me eating crow? Pipe dream.
Which part? Roper lighting it up, or you being man enough to eat crow when proven wrong?
Old 08-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #37
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Or this

OL better
DL better
DB young but talented
Stop having hope. Tailfeathers is right. We'll NEVER be good. Spurrier took the magic with him when he left. It is what it is *toothsuck*
Old 08-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #38
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Which part? Roper lighting it up, or you being man enough to eat crow when proven wrong?
The former very likely could happen but the latter will remain a pipe dream. None of these people want to give Champ or his staff any credit because he isn't Herman or Smart and they're "embarrassed" to have him as their coach. Pathetic behavior.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #39
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Stop having hope. Tailfeathers is right. We'll NEVER be good. Spurrier took the magic with him when he left. It is what it is *toothsuck*
Yup, we might as well just not show up. It's all over, why even play the games.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #40
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Yup, we might as well just not show up. It's all over, why even play the games.
Tanner should shut down the whole athletics program. Tell Champ, Martin, King and Staley to pack their bags. We'll never win anything important in any sport. Oh wait....we have? Never mind then.
Closed Thread