CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
FurmanCock
thekob
Master Bedroom
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
Ironfan
CockyLifer
Blitzkrieg
MountainCock
CockNJersey
In-game adjustments, (410)
G-League offering $1 (359)
JBJ is the ALCS MVP (244)
The Sound of Starbuc (170)
Doing Something Stup (144)
Tennessee tickets (37)
Convince me these are all
In-game adjustments, conf
UGA Dropping 4 Star Playe
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
CFB Film Room Drop Rates
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
How Good Can Frank's Team
2018 Signee - Tyquan John
2019 - Shilo Sanders
Donta Scott

Old 03-10-2018, 12:22 AM   #61
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 850000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Football ticket price increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
The lower east bathrooms are disgusting, not opinion, fact.

I would have no problem with the increase if it was going to fixing the bathrooms or getting better concessions.
ive been going to wb for 40 years and this has not changed, Nor will it ever. The south endzone bathroom is worse, trust me. On top of that, i always got the drunk who wouldnt sit down right in my way..i also spent 20
Minutes getting a coke.

That is why i left 10 years ago..i watch on my flat screen and use my own bathroom and never worry about a drunk asshole pissing me off..

I probably have pocketed about 16,000 to boot..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:33 AM   #62
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 9650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
The upgrades that have been done so far are ones that either a) might show up or be talked about on tv (landscaping and exterior beautification), or b) are apparent to recruits (video board). Nothing that's been done so far has been done explicitly for the fans. In fact, nothing that is solely impactful to the fans (and not visible to recruits/media) has been touched, nor will it be.
Youíre right, although I do enjoy that big ass screen for replays and a different angle. But a big improvement would be replacing the aluminum benches with folding seats. Donít think it will happen because it might reduce total capacity, but something like that is a legit reason to jack ticket prices.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #63
bcgibson75
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5450
bcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot materialbcgibson75 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
That is why i left 10 years ago..i watch on my flat screen and use my own bathroom and never worry about a drunk asshole pissing me off..

I probably have pocketed about 16,000 to boot..
You got that right about saving some serious coin over the past decade.

Between Hyman and now Tanner, the school & GC coffers have been seriously padded by fans/donors...just for the right to walk into W-B on gameday.

I gave up some seats a while back, but keep going up there. My season tickets were 4 really good lower level seats. However, after going 6-6, 7-6 and 7-6 between Ď07 - Ď09, and paying those new YES program fees, I had enough of that investment.

So I sold 3 of my tickets to close friends. They also paid me the majority of the seat premium, but not all of it since I was getting all of the GC points.

Iím lucky that it has worked out for me, but Iím in the minority of friends who just slowly got tired of forking over thousands of $$ each year to go. These days, theyíll come to 1, maybe 2 homes games each season with their families.

Like I said, Tanner can make money selling 2 really good seats with a higher levelseat fee than 4-6 seats with the low end seat fee...especially when you

GO COCKS!!
Old 03-10-2018, 11:40 AM   #64
aceum1234
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
aceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spurs

If they made them people sit down that are on the ramps standing up then you might just have a stadium that would look less empty.
aceum1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #65
pick6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
pick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudlypick6 is crowing loudly

For the last 10 yrs I buy tickets right before the game and rarely pay above face. The exception was KY last year-paid $100/ticket for 2 on the 40 yrd line lower level. After that, I didn't pay more than $30/ticket for lower level seats the rest of the way. I'm getting old and don't want to walk to the upper deck-those tickets were much less!. College football may be pricing themselves out of the market place. Agree with a lot of the others on here that its less expensive to stay home and watch, eat, drink or watch another game in lieu of the game day experience.

Will be interesting to see what the numbers look like this fall-especially with the out of conference power houses coming to WB.
pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #66
FeatheredCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
FeatheredCock is making other chickens nervousFeatheredCock is making other chickens nervousFeatheredCock is making other chickens nervousFeatheredCock is making other chickens nervousFeatheredCock is making other chickens nervousFeatheredCock is making other chickens nervousFeatheredCock is making other chickens nervous

To be the best you beat the best you have to pay to get there and maintain!! I know it hurts the increases per ticket, but I want to see the program win and win big. Double edge sword.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #67
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

The people complaining about the ticket prices will be the same ones complaining if our athletic department wasn't keeping up with other schools.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #68
CockyCody
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 452850
CockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatheredCock View Post
To be the best you beat the best you have to pay to get there and maintain!! I know it hurts the increases per ticket, but I want to see the program win and win big. Double edge sword.
I know what you are saying and completely agree. However, I can see how this can come back to bite them in the ass if things don't go that way. Maybe they expect us to do pretty good with the schedule we have this year and figured it was the best time to do it because of that.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #69
GamecockInHell
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1802785
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

The schools who have the biggest budgets and charge the most probably have better records than us. I feel pretty sure the tater fans aren't complaining right now about ticket prices and their stadium is a dump with nightmare parking.
What we need is a new Mercedes-Benz type stadium but since that isn't going to happen raise the prices for the high priced seats and lower the upper deck prices.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #70
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
With the new selection for parking it's hard not to think most people will end up in worse spots than they are now.

Apparently the bathrooms are an issue everywhere, if you recall the plumbing malfunction for the KY game. Talk about an embarrassment.

Again, if they are not selling out the stadium, it doesn't make much sense to raise the cost, generally you would think doing the opposite would result in more sales.

I don't really mind paying more, I just want to know when they are going to address the big issues inside the stadium that everybody admits are problems.
Wasn't this an issue with the city lines outside the stadium? Obviously it impacted the experience inside the stadium, but I got the impression is wasn't something we had any control over.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #71
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Wasn't this an issue with the city lines outside the stadium? Obviously it impacted the experience inside the stadium, but I got the impression is wasn't something we had any control over.
I think it was more they didn't really test the lines prior to the game(which after almost a year of not being used, would have been smart).
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #72
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPitCarolinaSpur12 rules the CockPit

I'd rather go to 2-3 of the best games per year, pay $300 at the most, make it out the door on the season at <$900 for the year on tickets.

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:08 PM   #73
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post
I'd rather go to 2-3 of the best games per year, pay $300 at the most, make it out the door on the season at <$900 for the year on tickets.
I think this is going to become more and more popular.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #74
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

I know those 3 game plans are becoming more popular. I think you get one FCS/mid-tier FBS game, one decent SEC game and one major SEC game.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:16 PM   #75
JSmothers1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 890
JSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPit

Quote:
I think this is going to become more and more popular.
This has been my strategy since relocating to the beach 6 years ago. Die hard fan but 3 games is about all my budget can withstand after you factor in gas, food and parking.
JSmothers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #76
gAmkok
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Youíre right, although I do enjoy that big ass screen for replays and a different angle. But a big improvement would be replacing the aluminum benches with folding seats. Donít think it will happen because it might reduce total capacity, but something like that is a legit reason to jack ticket prices.
If the price increases drive enough people away, they'll replace the benches with theater seating. And then jack the ticket prices 50%. The restrooms are the most urgent need, and they'll get redone when the seats are replaced.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #77
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gAmkok View Post
If the price increases drive enough people away, they'll replace the benches with theater seating. And then jack the ticket prices 50%. The restrooms are the most urgent need, and they'll get redone when the seats are replaced.
This is kinda what Arkansas did. They didn't replace all the aluminum seats, but the entire end zone has seat backs like you see in NFL stadiums.

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2016/4...dium-expansion
Old 03-15-2018, 10:30 PM   #78
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

WB needs serious upgrades/remodeling. I'm sure it's on the back burner though until the ops building is done. I'd ultimately like to see some sort of roof structure placed over the top. Maybe like the U of Washington has. That summer sun probably kills attendance at times.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #79
Cornerback
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2000
Cornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudly

The problem I have with the ticket price increases is that while we are paying more and more we are getting less and less for our money. Consider that for all the money we are paying for tickets, seat fees, parking, etc we get the distinct honor of watching such thrilling anticipated matchups such as Coastal Carolina, Marshall, and Chattanooga this year. Three out of Seven home games (43%) are crap games. I feel like I'm being cheated by the Carny at the fair. If you're going to pay a big price, you should get some value for your money - not half a loaf.
Cornerback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #80
JDStud6
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15065
JDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot material

Price increases don't bother me too much, but we need to see a reason behind it. If they rehab the bathrooms, no one will cry about $7 extra per game. But if the stadium is like last year, people should question it.

And of course our product on the field needs to improve.

With the improvement of large TVs, I'm fine watching most games at home. I can pause the game at any time to use a nice clean restroom and grab a snack without a line. I do enjoy going to games, but I typically get the 3 pack. To get more, I need a reason to do it.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote