CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Three and Out
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
rt3891
dreammachine
wildwes
TastyLicks
COCKDIESEL
FurmanCock
Dickerson medically (1681)
Gamecock Receivers (327)
We Can Beat Them (206)
College football pod (17)
College football podcast?
Danny Sheridan: No way U
SEC Media Days
2018 Prediction Thread -
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
Can Carolina and Tennesse
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Gamecock Receivers
Gamecock Jordan brand?
We Can Beat Them

Old 07-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #21
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Williams Brice New "Clear Bag Policy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Never understood taking a baby in a diaper to a game.
That was what I was wondering. Bringing a child to the Spring Game, I would understand, but I don't think I would want to bring a child young enough to be in diapers to a football game. Then again, I don't have kids so what do I know.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:13 PM   #22
12+4=6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 124611065020
12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

This solves nothing and inconveniences many. It's just another emotional, illogical policy that infringes on the privacy of the general population and won't do one bit of good if someone actually wants to sneak in a gun or bomb. The argument that we aren't the first to implement it doesn't mean that it isn't an absurd policy.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #23
BlueHerons
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 200
BlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPitBlueHerons rules the CockPit

My Prada bag has a tear in the bottom of my lining that I've been putting my flask in for years.

In over 35 years of going to games, I've never seen a diaper aged child.

It's too loud for a child of that age and too expensive.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #24
kathym
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
kathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
This solves nothing and inconveniences many. It's just another emotional, illogical policy that infringes on the privacy of the general population and won't do one bit of good if someone actually wants to sneak in a gun or bomb. The argument that we aren't the first to implement it doesn't mean that it isn't an absurd policy.
Thank you! That sums it up completely. I guess they're thinking that if something
happens they'll say - hey, we did implement the "clear bag policy".
kathym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:14 PM   #25
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 17185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Agreed... I see that you live in Mt. Pleasant. I'm going to be down there in a couple of weeks. What is a good seafood restaurant, preferably overlooking the water, in that area?
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #26
86 GradCock
Spring Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2290
86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
Agreed... I see that you live in Mt. Pleasant. I'm going to be down there in a couple of weeks. What is a good seafood restaurant, preferably overlooking the water, in that area?
Well, there's Fleet Landing on Concord St, but they will only let you in if you put everything in a clear bag.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #27
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
JoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
I approve! Anything that establishments can do to keep everyone safer along these lines is better. Feel bad for the mini bottle crowd though lol.
I'm sure the university licenses garnet and black hip flasks with block C' s.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:47 PM   #28
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 6650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

It's a good idea, although part of me is miffed at having to give up the bag I've used for years, but I get it. Panthers games have the same policy. It's inconvenient but life will go on. This policy isn't going to stop someone who's truly determined to bring in something dangerous, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

I already ordered some clear plastic tote bags, and unfortunately they all look a bit feminine but what the hell, it is what it is.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:12 AM   #29
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
yeah already people complaining on social media calling it a money grab, saying they are using it to sell bags etc.. the diaper bags one is understandable but reading the website info it sounds like this is similar to most clear bag policies implemented around the country
It's a money grab that benefits my beloved sports university, it keeps people safer. Win, win.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:12 AM   #30
12+4=6
Two Deep

Male

12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Check out the Wreck in Old Village Mount Pleasant. Not fancy but great food and right on the water.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:58 AM   #31
12+4=6
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym View Post
Thank you! That sums it up completely. I guess they're thinking that if something
happens they'll say - hey, we did implement the "clear bag policy".
That's really all it is. A safety charade. There are hundreds of ways someone could do major damage at a football game, from inside or outside of the stadium. Having all the people who are there to watch a football game use clear bags isn't going to prevent anything if someone really wants to do harm. Sorry for the rant(s).
Old 07-13-2016, 07:51 AM   #32
JDStud6
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15065
JDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot material

Quote:
shem creek bar & grill
vickery's

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:24 AM   #33
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 6650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's really all it is. A safety charade. There are hundreds of ways someone could do major damage at a football game, from inside or outside of the stadium. Having all the people who are there to watch a football game use clear bags isn't going to prevent anything if someone really wants to do harm. Sorry for the rant(s).
People would not tolerate the measures it would take to absolutely prevent a fanatic. That doesn't mean we do nothing to make it harder.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #34
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Couple of comments
1) Sorry or making the graphic so huge....didn't notice it at first and don't know how to make it smaller

2) Re: the clear plastic bag, I don't think this is a money grab because as long as the bag is that big it doesn't have to be one that they sell you.

3) It's clear so I would think/hope it'd be easier to move people through into the stadium since they can tell at a glance if they have anything to check. This should also cut down on the number of people carrying in bags in general as well. I'm not sure why it's necessary to bring a bag in regardless...just easier to leave stuff in the car and just carry in the allowed bottled water.

4) As far as the black hole of stuff to talk about at this point in time, at least this isn't a uniform thread, eh?
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #35
dffoxfanatic71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
dffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his combdffoxfanatic71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
My Prada bag has a tear in the bottom of my lining that I've been putting my flask in for years.

In over 35 years of going to games, I've never seen a diaper aged child.

It's too loud for a child of that age and too expensive.
This isnt just for football. It applies to all venues. Think how many people bring very small children to the baseball games.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #36
cocky0
Unmoderated

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9899200
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
at least this isn't a uniform thread, eh?
The way I hear it, we are adding clear backpacks to our uniform combinations.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:34 AM   #37
Cornerback
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2000
Cornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talonsCornerback has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
I think its under the assumption that you would take the contents of your unapproved bag out, in front of the security staff, and then transfer them into the new approved bag.
So if I take my binoculars out of the case and put the case into a plastic bag I can take all of it into the game? Then, once inside I can take the case out of the bag and put the binoculars back in it and proceed to my seat?

Is that how you are reading it?
Cornerback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #38
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerback View Post
So if I take my binoculars out of the case and put the case into a plastic bag I can take all of it into the game? Then, once inside I can take the case out of the bag and put the binoculars back in it and proceed to my seat?

I would think a reasonable person would just leave it all in the clear plastic bag.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #39
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 3387726
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Shem Creek Places:

Tavern and Table - Upscale dining
Vickeries - Caribbean style food. Casual. The crawfish appetizer is great.
Reds Ice House - Food is ok but the bar and environment is great.
Waters Edge - Great cabana bar and you can get food from the restaurant. Their seared tuna is awesome.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #40
highstick
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
highstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerback View Post

If it's like the Panthers', you cannot take that binoc bag in under any circumstances...I had to take mine back to the car...luckily I was only about 20 steps and an elevator ride up to my car..
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote