CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
FurmanCock
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Blitzkrieg
Order 66
rt3891
etowngangsta
In-game adjustments, (829)
Doing Something Stup (492)
Exhibition game vs A (208)
Florida calls for Sp (187)
In-game adjustments, conf
2019 - Shilo Sanders
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
High school football has
what happened to Frank’s
Exhibition game vs August
JBJ is the ALCS MVP
vBookie Request: Post Req
Zion Williamson pay to pl

Old 03-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #21
sporkgod50
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 999903846
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Coach Will Muschamp & Football Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Recruiting thread?

Will has to weather the storm of his past experience with UF and issues with his offenses.
Pretty much. The jury is out until we have a good offensive unit.

a bison.
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #22
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
Pretty much. The jury is out until we have a good offensive unit.

I don't honestly think you judge Coach Muschamp by what went down at Florida. He was brought in there to "clean house" and in the process he suffered a little from it. That was Florida.

Coach Muschamp comes to USC and puts together an awesome staff and one that can not only coach, but recruit like crazy. Is it going to take him sometime to get to the place where he wants us to be - yes it is, but after what he has done in only two years I don't see how anyone can question what he has put together. Yes our offense is not where he wants it to be for now, but he did make changes there to improve it and when you look at what he has in place on both sides of the ball per his coaches - I can't do anything but be amazed at what Coach Muschamp has done and will continue to do. He is a motivator, one helluva recruiter, and if there is a better defensive mind in college football - I would like to meet him. On offense I think he has put the right people in the right places and I do think that Coach B-Mac and his offensive staff are going to put the Gamecocks in a position to win every game and not have to count on the defense as we have done in the past. I just see great things happening and our team and team record just going up and getting better every month.

Also, I think that High School Kids don't put as much worth into the school that they grew up pulling for versus going to a good school and getting a starting position as soon as they show the coaching staff that they deserve it. I think this plays a whole lot more into where a kid goes versus the tradition of the school. If that were still the case then schools like Notre Dame - Michigan - Southern Cal would still be winning everything that there was to win like they did 10 to 15 years ago. Yes, kids do want a school to be a winning program, but you don't have to be Alabama each year to be a good team as too many teams are in the Top 15 now that use to not be consistent football powers year in and year out.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:40 PM   #23
GamecockInHell
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1802785
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Just imagine how much better they could recruit if they threw money and benefits at recruits like other schools do. Personally though, it would be nice to see us do legitimately what other schools are cheating to accomplish.
I think we have a pretty good staff and the challenge is going to be trying to hang on to them.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #24
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
I don't honestly think you judge Coach Muschamp by what went down at Florida.
We are not the judges....it's the recruits who look at things like that.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #25
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 899700
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

I like where the coaching staff is. I actually met Bobby Bentley this morning on the PT track I use as he was walking to the practice facility. Very nice guy. I like how the emphasis is on recruiting again. I think CWM has this program going in the right direction for sure.

https://i.imgur.com/oXRPWTA.gif
ACPhilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #26
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 25500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
After being a Gamecock Fan for many years now, I can honestly say that I think that this coaching staff that Coach Muschamp has put together is maybe the best that we have ever had from top to bottom. Not only are they very solid football coaches, they are also most excellent recruiters and great evaluators of talent - regardless of the star power these recruits have at the time.

How do the rest of y'all rate Coach Muschamp's Staff now against the past coaching staffs at USC and also against what is out there in the SEC now.
Yeah, I totally agree. These guys can flat out coach. They have been marred in the lack of talent left by sos's mistake of letting his son be recruiting coordinator. but they have done more with less than most coaching staffs I've seen. There are still three or four better staffs in the SEC, but to think of where we were three or four years ago, with Elliot being the head coach of a three win team, to this staff and coming off of a nine win season is spectacular!!!!

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote