CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
FurmanCock
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Blitzkrieg
Order 66
rt3891
etowngangsta
In-game adjustments, (829)
Doing Something Stup (492)
Exhibition game vs A (208)
Florida calls for Sp (187)
In-game adjustments, conf
2019 - Shilo Sanders
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
High school football has
what happened to Frankís
Exhibition game vs August
JBJ is the ALCS MVP
vBookie Request: Post Req
Zion Williamson pay to pl

Old 03-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #21
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 6200
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material
Default Re: Football ticket price increase

Supply and demand is a pretty easy concept to learn. There were plenty of empty seats last year, so that means there is too much supply and not enough demand. The reaction to that should be to lower prices in order to get more people in. Then you will at least get more money from food, parking and souvenir sales. Attendance will go down with this increase.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #22
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 8461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
We need bag men to get good players not this crap. Does someone know how we are 10th in revenue in the SEC? How much do other teams pay for tickets? To me, this is Tanner being a greedy bastard we donít need more facilities we need more wins.
UGA went up from $300 a season ticket to $465 then you have to add in the donation between $250-$600 a seat
Old 03-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #23
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119154183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Supply and demand is a pretty easy concept to learn. There were plenty of empty seats last year, so that means there is too much supply and not enough demand. The reaction to that should be to lower prices in order to get more people in. Then you will at least get more money from food, parking and souvenir sales. Attendance will go down with this increase.
Unless we start winning again. Remember during the 11-win seasons when we were undefeated at home every year, and pretty much sold every game out? People said the same thing with what Hyman did with the YES plan: If we start winning like that again, then selling those seats won't be a problem....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:05 PM   #24
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

My tickets are through tuition, so it won't change anything for me. Sadly, that will only last for 1-2 more seasons.

But if I was a normal paying customer (not a top 3% GCC member), I'd be kinda mad. Especially since the "common areas" aren't touched, but all the money go towards the areas for the top 3%.

Econ wasn't my best class, but I do remember the basics of supply and demand. There were a fair amount of empty seats for most games last year. I think this is a result of that.

I understand all of this from an administrative point of view, but as a fan it's annoying.

All that being said, start winning 10+ games every again, and this (probably) won't be an issue.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:17 PM   #25
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
My tickets are through tuition, so it won't change anything for me. Sadly, that will only last for 1-2 more seasons.

But if I was a normal paying customer (not a top 3% GCC member), I'd be kinda mad. Especially since the "common areas" aren't touched, but all the money go towards the areas for the top 3%. Then they throw this curveball.

I've taken classes on this, so I understand it from an administrative point of view, but as a fan it's annoying.

All that being said, start winning 10+ games every again, and this (probably) won't be an issue.
That's the part that gets me. Last year we paid higher a seat tax now this year we get a higher ticket price. I get that we need to keep up, but at the same time, we are paying more, getting less parking and not getting any immediate benefits. As another poster mentioned, I have to pay an extra $40 a seat to get seat backs so the gargantuan next to me doesn't take over my whole spot, we won't get into the state of the lower east bathrooms....
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:29 PM   #26
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 9650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Two things about this bug me. One is the way our school is spending its money. The most visible spending is the Taj Mahal football operations palace we’re building. It’s for the staff and the team to enjoy and good for recruiting, but has nothing to do with the game day experience for fans. They haven’t done squat for the fans, or at least the non-luxury suite masses.

Then there’s the issue of losing the tax deduction for club dues. Tickets were never deductible but the new law is going to have the net effect of a huge increase, and they haven’t announced their plan but does anyone expect a corresponding decrease? Not me.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #27
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
...,we won't get into the state of the lower east bathrooms....

Ahh. The olí pee wall. I remember it well.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #28
JTJGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 450
JTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot materialJTJGarnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Ahh. The olí pee wall. I remember it well.
The west side had horrible bathroom issues last year as well. Bathrooms leaking, let me correct that, pouring drainage from the upper deck onto the mid level concourse because they had backed up and were unflushable. AND that the first instance of it was at the KY game which was a HUGE recruiting weekend and a miserable facilities Ďfailí. School and AD must be sure that is fixed forever. The fact it even happened once is bush league and unacceptable. I mean címon man! Put some money into WB.
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #29
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

This is going to go over about as well as a loud smelly fart on a crowded elevator.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:54 AM   #30
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

NM
Old 03-09-2018, 09:00 AM   #31
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Two things about this bug me. One is the way our school is spending its money. The most visible spending is the Taj Mahal football operations palace weíre building. Itís for the staff and the team to enjoy and good for recruiting, but has nothing to do with the game day experience for fans. They havenít done squat for the fans, or at least the non-luxury suite masses.

Then thereís the issue of losing the tax deduction for club dues. Tickets were never deductible but the new law is going to have the net effect of a huge increase, and they havenít announced their plan but does anyone expect a corresponding decrease? Not me.
They have done a TON to increase gameday experience for the fan. Look at all of the new upgrades around the stadium.

The tax deduction has nothing to do with Tanner or USC at all. They didn't implement it. So, consider that the next time you vote.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #32
Roosterdog
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Unless we start winning again. Remember during the 11-win seasons when we were undefeated at home every year, and pretty much sold every game out? People said the same thing with what Hyman did with the YES plan: If we start winning like that again, then selling those seats won't be a problem....
But shouldn't the winning come first, not the price increase? There were already bunches of empty seats last year, this will only cause more seats to go empty. Win first, which will create demand, then charge more.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:22 AM   #33
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
They have done a TON to increase gameday experience for the fan. Look at all of the new upgrades around the stadium.

The tax deduction has nothing to do with Tanner or USC at all. They didn't implement it. So, consider that the next time you vote.
Maybe Tanner had nothing to do with the tax deduction, but in the past 2 months I've gotten my deduction note for this year taxes, followed by a reminder that I'll never be able to do that again, and then an email telling me the ticket prices were going up--and to try to justify it by telling me how much success we've had and how the tickets are middle of the road in the SEC and the University is one of only 20 that is self-sufficient.

It's just tone death and bad timing. This needed to be correlated with a change in the way the donations are handled or counted. Maybe with more ticket packages than just season tickets or a minipack in the nose bleeds.

I will say, in Tanner's defense, that this probably needed to be done at some point. And I like this much better than the backhanded 'seat fee' or 'seating tax' or whatever, but just wait one year for me to see how my taxes look without the deduction.

And I live in Lexington SC, my vote is drowned out.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #34
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
And I live in Lexington SC....
Thoughts and prayers man...
Old 03-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #35
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
They have done a TON to increase gameday experience for the fan. Look at all of the new upgrades around the stadium. .
It's great outside, I don't think anybody is questioning that. The issue some people have, myself included, is when do we see some of this money improving the experience inside the stadium for the average fans who don't have box seats?
Old 03-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #36
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
It's great outside, I don't think anybody is questioning that. The issue some people have, myself included, is when do we see some of this money improving the experience inside the stadium for the average fans who don't have box seats?
This. And don't get me started on the Aramark deal. Prices increased but you get less food and options.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:20 AM   #37
unccgamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
So I'll be the one that doesn't complain.

Not bothered by this raise at all.
right?

"OMG WE NEED BETTER FACILITIES WE NEED TO PAY OUR COACHES... I'M TIRED OF LOSING RECRUITS TO CLEMSON OMG"

*mad about $7 dollar raise in ticket price lol*

k
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:39 AM   #38
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
right?

"OMG WE NEED BETTER FACILITIES WE NEED TO PAY OUR COACHES... I'M TIRED OF LOSING RECRUITS TO CLEMSON OMG"

*mad about $7 dollar raise in ticket price lol*

k
If you like paying more, good on you, I don't.

Which section do you have seats in? Just curious.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #39
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

Quote:
If you like paying more, good on you, I don't.

Which section do you have seats in? Just curious.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Of course you don't like paying more. No one likes paying more. That's silly. And it sounds very silly complaining about a reasonable increase in the price of tickets.

It's not like they doubled the price. Also, if you don't like the price of tickets then you shouldn't buy them. No one is forcing you.

IMO, they shouldn't have said anything. Just up the price and move on. Most people wouldn't have noticed. You don't get a big announcement when Bi Lo raises the price of milk 50 cents.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #40
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Of course you don't like paying more. No one likes paying more. That's silly. And it sounds very silly complaining about a reasonable increase in the price of tickets.

It's not like they doubled the price. Also, if you don't like the price of tickets then you shouldn't buy them. No one is forcing you.
Raising ticket prices the same year you screw everybody over with parking is not a good move, just my opinion.

Raising the ticket prices when you can't even sell out half of the upper deck is not a good decision, again just my opinion.

The lower east bathrooms are disgusting, not opinion, fact.

I would have no problem with the increase if it was going to fixing the bathrooms or getting better concessions.