CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Senior Rooster
Captain9Dragons
carolina_corpsman
PFW79
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
markp_vip
TastyLicks
Blitzkrieg
thumpin big
Willy B upgrades to (2039)
Influential Pastor s (1696)
Missing Ellis Johnso (952)
CFN: Daily Five: 201 (399)
Bama vs _____ (352)
Donta Scott (308)
USA women's world cu (222)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (202)
NCAAF: TEXAS AM @ AL (105)
NCAAF: LOUISIANA TEC (74)
Willy B upgrades to cost
Uncharted 4
Gamecock Tipoff - October
Missing Ellis Johnson?
Bama vs _____
2019 schedule out
Black Ops 4
Georgia v Auburn 2017
Influential Pastor steeri
WBB recruiting summary:

Old 08-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #21
bcolinc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Rosendo Louis

Muschamp says he’ll be back in a few weeks!
bcolinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #22
Coondog
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Also, That's 2 players in 2 days on the defense we were hoping to provide needed depth. Muschamps biggest problem at Florida was injuries. He hasn't been able to shake this taboo yet apparently.
Lewis is out of his sling and should be cleared on Wednesday. Johnson was a non contact injury so how is that Muschamp's fault.

Spurrier hated full contact practices and yet we still had injuries. What we didn't have was a defensive unit fully prepared for the season after EJ departed.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #23
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
I panicked over nothing. Thank goodness I really believe this kid will be a difference maker this season he has big time talent.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #24
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 4760
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nice!
Old 08-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #25
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Said similar things about Dickerson. You can’t take coach’s word on injuries. He is weird about it. It appears as though they are going to try and rehab Louis shoulder/arm before ultimately doing surgery if he can’t play through the pain.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #26
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
maybe they can just do rehab on it, but I doubt it. My pessimism shining through.
Also, That's 2 players in 2 days on the defense we were hoping to provide needed depth. Muschamps biggest problem at Florida was injuries. He hasn't been able to shake this taboo yet apparently.
Injuries are part of the game, just bad luck, certainly isn’t the coach’s fault.

Also, you said earlier Louis was out for the year. Wrong, they’re going to try to rehab to see if they can avoid the surgery. Why are you always the first person to be negative about everything.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:39 PM   #27
Rogocop
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rogocop has feathers coming inRogocop has feathers coming in

At Florida in his 3rd year, Muschamp had many injuries
Many Florida fans pointed to Dillmans S & C , which I think there was some validity to the theory. Hopefully this is just a random anomaly and not a trend...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Rogocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #28
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogocop View Post
At Florida in his 3rd year, Muschamp had many injuries
Many Florida fans pointed to Dillmans S & C , which I think there was some validity to the theory. Hopefully this is just a random anomaly and not a trend...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
People posted similar thoughts last year when we had players suffering fractures in the lower leg. They were not related then, without knowing the exact type of shoulder injury and how it happened, it is impossible to say they are or are not related now. Personally I think Dillman is doing a great job and would be surprised if they are a result of the S&C program.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #29
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29698000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Not true. He will be learning and soaking in the playbook and getting a year to condition himself. Will only make him better.
Have to agree with you 100%.

Would’ve been nice this year to have him for depth, but as a program we have to get out of the mentality of counting on true freshmen for depth. Gonna take a bit more time to build quality depth.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #30
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 5010459
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Redshirt freshman Jaylin Dickerson is back in a yellow jersey and not practicing, which isn't good news for the depth at safety. Linebacker Rosendo Louis was in a yellow jersey, but also in full pads and working with the team. He's working his way back from a shoulder injury. There are several other players in yellow.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #31
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Have to be thankful that Horn is panning out so well right now.

Basically, I can see our starters looking like this on the secondary

CB: Fenton, Banks
CB: Horn, Mukuamu
Nickel: Nixon, Williams

Safety: Harvey, Williams
Safety: Montac, Roderick/Williams

Then in yellow: Ibe & Dickerson, both safeties

I think we have a solid first string, but after that things get shaky quick. It would be real nice to get Jamel Cook eligible to provide us with one more experienced corner, as well as getting Ibe and Dickerson both ready to go. Hopefully Ibe is back in action soon to help out our safeties. I think he'll be a good one.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:36 PM   #32
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post

I think we have a solid first string, but after that things get shaky quick. It would be real nice to get Jamel Cook eligible to provide us with one more experienced corner, as well as getting Ibe and Dickerson both ready to go. Hopefully Ibe is back in action soon to help out our safeties. I think he'll be a good one.
I doubt Banks is in the rotation. Nobody knows how well Ibe is going to pan out because he hasn’t practiced yet. He was a 2 year starter at Rice for 2 years so he can play.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #33
Swayin
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Swayin has feathers coming inSwayin has feathers coming inSwayin has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post

Horn seems to be having the kind of camp that Captain Munnerlyn had his first year ... he got here, and while everybody thought he could be good down the road, he just took that spot and made it is his from the first day in pads. These young kids like Horn and Mukuamu are going to be REAL down the road, fellas.
Swayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #34
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Seems like CB is one of the positions where a froshie can really get in there and hold it down.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #35
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

Look at Horn's offer sheet, he had his pick of basically any school in the country and it was between us and UTK. Kid wanted to play early, and we are giving him every opportunity to do that.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote