CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
The Yancey
AR1
NAGamec0ckFan
Canefaninsc
SanAntonioCock
Gamecocks0197
24 in the CFP rankin (1516)
Brad Crawford from 2 (901)
MLB Hammers the Atla (425)
Sumlin Out at A& (347)
My take (255)
The Best Christmas M (235)
Patrick Davis-big ol (224)
David Cassidy Dies (79)
2 Tickets in 501 but (52)
Clemson
Sumlin Out at A&M
How Long Will It Take for
2 USC versus Clemson Tick
Gamecocks Tailgate Playli
2018 - Dorian Gerald
24 in the CFP rankings
My take
Sportstalk and Kornblut m
2018 - Dax Hollifield

Old 03-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #21
bdub
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
bdub is learning to peckbdub is learning to peck
Default Re: Football Seat Donation Increases

I didn't receive the email yesterday about the price increase? Is there a way to post whats gone up and how much?
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #22
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHess View Post
In the SEC, demand for season tickets ranges from one end of the spectrum to the complete opposite.

At the bottom, you’ve got something like a 2000s Poison cover band (Vanderbilt); up top, you have 1970s Grateful Dead (Alabama). Ticket costs are all comprised of two basic components — a “book price” for the actual tickets and a per-seat booster club donation requirement — but there are other factors at play for the traditional powerhouses, too. Long waiting lists and the accrual of “priority points” keep some packages in very, very high demand.

Obviously, calling these “donations” is as silly as it gets. But when the SEC offers such a good on-field product to an extremely loyal consumer base, well, schools can do whatever they want.

Let’s dive into the numbers and then pair them with some juicy details.

SCHOOL PRICE DONATION TOTAL (season ticket, seat donation, total)

Auburn $475 $280 $755
Alabama $435 $145 $580
Florida $330 $200 $530
Texas A&M $490 $30 $520
Georgia $270 $250 $520
Ole Miss $400 $50 $450
Tennessee $420 $0 $420
South Carolina $365 $50 $415
LSU $360 $0 $360
Missouri $288 $0 $288
Arkansas $250 $0 $250
Mississippi State $220 $0 $220
Kentucky $175 $0 $175
Vanderbilt $120 $0 $120

Auburn

Why so expensive for a team expected to be average? The Tigers play eight games at Jordan-Hare Stadium this season, including matchups with Clemson, Texas A&M, LSU and Arkansas. And to some extent, Auburn is probably still riding the coattails of two very recent successful seasons (2010, 2013). Still, the $280 minimum donation (which corresponds to the only tier of season tickets not yet sold out) is quite expensive. You could get season tickets at four other SEC schools with that donation alone! The package doesn’t include a parking pass, either. That only kicks in once a donor reaches the $3,000-per-year Football Scholarship Fund level of giving.
Thoughts: Rent this for a week instead.

Alabama

According to the university ticket office, the last person on the school’s waiting list who actually received Alabama season tickets signed up in 2008. So there is essentially an eight-year wait for the Crimson Tide holy grail. Once you’re in, the lowest tier of season tickets isn’t much more expensive than other big-name SEC programs. And if you’re looking at it from a cost-per-Alabama-win perspective, you can definitely do worse.
Thoughts: Fair for Alabama, but Nick Saban will be long gone by the time you finally get those tickets.

Florida

The Gators’ home schedule is considerably less exciting than Auburn’s, but catching seven games in The Swamp still will cost you. In addition to the $530 price tag for season tickets in the upper bleachers, there’s a minimum $100 donation requirement to become a Gator Boosters member. However, that payment allows fans to purchase up to four season tickets, which is pretty good in terms of accessibility. At last check, UF has plenty of season tickets still available for 2016, and this year comes with the added bonus of not having to endure Treon Harris at quarterback.
Thoughts: The Gators take a little bite out of your wallet, but Steve Spurrier’s golfing habits aren’t free, you know.

Texas A&M

The Aggies dropped major money to make Kyle Field big and fancy, and that’s resulted in some sky-high book prices. But the home schedule is pretty dang good (UCLA, Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU), and the $490 base ticket price is offset by a small donation requirement for the cheapest sections of seats ($25 due now and $25 payable over a five-year period, or $30 per year). If you’re especially rich, you still can purchase seats in the All American Club, where tickets cost a mere $560 along with an annual contribution of $2,500 plus a $3,000 “campaign gift” due over the next five years. Who cares about debt when there’s football to watch?
Thoughts: You could just as easily watch a Texas high school spread team and get the same sort of viewing experience.

Georgia

The Bulldog Club actually just raised its donation minimums for 2017 amid UGA’s construction of an indoor practice facility and a Sanford Stadium west end zone renovation. A reminder: This is what you pay to keep the right to renew your season tickets. In 2016, the actual base price of season tickets is $270, which is reasonable. Whether you actually get those tickets is another story. Georgia sold out of season tickets in 2015, and the last donor to qualify for two new/additional adjacent season tickets had a priority points total of 6,701. That means, according to 2015 booster fund contribution rankings chart, somewhere between 10 and 20 percent of Bulldog Club donors did not receive season tickets. There were over 13,800 donors last year, so … you can do the math there.
Thoughts: Maybe everyone knew Kirby Smart was on the way?

Ole Miss

Unsurprisingly, the Rebels sold out their season tickets for 2016, and their ticketing office will be quick to direct you toward the 2017 waiting list form. Price-wise, there’s not a whole lot to complain about; the cheapest season seats in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium only call for a $50 donation on top of $400 tickets. Chad Kelly’s a senior, Alabama is coming back to Oxford and so is the Egg Bowl. What’s not to love? (Well, besides that whole NCAA investigation thing.)
Thoughts: Let the good times roll while they last.

Tennessee

Neyland Stadium is enormous, and Rocky Top on repeat keeps the place plenty loud, but sitting up top can make you feel distant. On the bright side, that allows for some affordable season tickets in the nosebleeds: $420 and no donation requirement. That’s $60 per game for a ranked team that hosts Florida and Alabama this season. Also keep in mind that the average Vols game is going for about $89 on StubHub right now.
Thoughts: Not a bad deal at all, but here’s an even better idea for UT athletics: An exorbitantly-priced “Weekend With Peyton” ticket package, complete with a Buick-driving chauffeur and unlimited Papa John’s pizza.

South Carolina

Rebuilding year? Not in Will Muschamp’s dictionary. (There are lots of words in all-caps, though.) The Gamecocks welcome Tennessee, Georgia and Texas A&M to Williams-Brice Stadium in 2016. So even though they’re starting several guys with minimal exposure to real, live college football games, you’ve still got to pay a decent sum to see Perry Orth and/or Brandon McIlwain do a lot of pocket-escaping.
Thoughts: It’s possible someone in the athletic department was hoping Spurrier would un-retire and start Stephen Garcia in his 10th year of eligibility.

LSU

Like Rocky Top, Death Valley is massive. That means you can perch yourself in the far corners of LSU’s football home and watch a tiny Leonard Fournette carve up defenses for $51 per game. Alabama, Ole Miss and Mississippi State are all on the docket, and this should be one of the best rosters Les Miles fields in Baton Rouge.
Thoughts: Kudos to LSU for making Tigers football fairly accessible, even in what should be a big season. I’d pitch a “Weekend With Fournette” ticket package, but the squad of angry LSU compliance officers has me rethinking this idea.

Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi State

Missouri ($288), Arkansas ($250) and Mississippi State ($220) all fall into a tier that we’ll call “Hey, that’s a pretty good deal.” None of these teams are projected to be especially good this season, but as with love, they say fandom is blind. Which is good, because watching Missouri play “offense” could actually make you go blind.
Thoughts: The steal here is Arkansas, which welcomes Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and Florida to Fayetteville this fall. The $250 option is no longer available, but as of late last week, the Razorbacks still had tickets available in the South Outdoor Club section, which costs $850 per seat plus a $150 donation. That’s a lot of money, but if you’re crazy and love Arkansas football — those two things pair well — there are good games on tap.

Kentucky, Vanderbilt

These are the bargain buys. Kentucky offers the “pocket pass,” which nets you all seven home games for just $175. Per UK’s web site, the pass “is 100% mobile and allows you the opportunity to watch the game from various viewpoints in the stadium with a different seat each week.” A neat idea that’s affordable, as well, relative to other SEC football offerings. In fact, the Wildcats offer approximately 20,000 football season tickets with no K Fund donation attached. Vanderbilt is even cheaper, with an option that comes out to $20 per game. Tennessee, Ole Miss and Florida go to Nashville this year, you know.

Thoughts: There is a $635 difference between Vanderbilt’s least expensive option and Auburn’s. You could buy season tickets for nearly three other SEC schools with that money alone. Don’t do that, though. Your kids have to eat too.

Final word

Season tickets are a nice luxury, but watching on TV is a better viewing experience that will cost you much, much less. Plenty of fans disagree with me, and that’s fine, but the last thing I want to do is drop big bucks on an embarrassing, rain-soaked blowout.
How much is it total with the YES fee's, or is USC the only school to charge seating licences?
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #23
aceum1234
Walk On

Male

aceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spursaceum1234 has earned his spurs

Hard to understand a seat tax increase for Football since the Men and the Women Basketball attendance went up,Baseball crowds pack the park and Softball has good crowds.Football always have good attendance.LOL
aceum1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #24
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
How much is it total with the YES fee's, or is USC the only school to charge seating licences?
No from what I understand most places (big programs) have them
kick_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #25
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2833
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb

http://www.itsgreattobeagamecock.com...017seatmap.jpg

Updated seat prices at this link.

Looking at the map, I actually think it was a smart move on the university's part. I know it sucks for those who were sitting in 3 or 7, or lower end zone for that matter.
But to me it makes sense to raise prices on the lower bowl. The lower bowl will always be full.
If a ticket holder can't afford it down there, there are uppers available and much cheaper. I like the price decreases that were made in the west and east uppers. I think the cheaper upper deck psl's might lead some folks that buy the mini plans to change over to season tix
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #26
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1119 View Post

Looking at the map, I actually think it was a smart move on the university's part. I know it sucks for those who were sitting in 3 or 7, or lower end zone for that matter.
But to me it makes sense to raise prices on the lower bowl. The lower bowl will always be full.
If a ticket holder can't afford it down there, there are uppers available and much cheaper. I like the price decreases that were made in the west and east uppers. I think the cheaper upper deck psl's might lead some folks that buy the mini plans to change over to season tix
Doesn't make much sense to me, sections 17-19 are visiting sections, not sure why they hiked the price on them.

I did want to move to better seats, looks like that won't be happening this year. Oh well.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #27
flash
Walk On

Male

flash is learning to peckflash is learning to peck

I'm not real happy with scholarship cost and YES fee both going up the same year. They got me this year, because I've already paid Scholarship. I have been buying 8 tickets since 1985. I will have to reduce my number of seats next year.
I understand it's all about the money, but for a long time Club member on fixed SS income its a mighty blow. When selling tickets, it's hard to get ticket price and YES fee. I think it would have been better to raise the ticket price.
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #28
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
Thanks, points!

If they increase the prices they should of went up on donation, ticket prices, and YES fee's.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #29
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

been watching on tv for a long time now. it has saved me thousands of dollars and a ton of time. And i get a big screen in 1080 with replays and a dvr. btw, the dvr is the best investment ever for tv. i start watching an hour late and never watch a commercial. I usually end up finishing it right as the game is actually ending.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #30
Ahsan
Walk On

Male

Ahsan has earned his spursAhsan has earned his spursAhsan has earned his spursAhsan has earned his spursAhsan has earned his spursAhsan has earned his spurs

Thank God, I was thinking that I am the only one who is wandering :-)
Ahsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:42 AM   #31
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 6650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:

You're right, no one is required to go to the games or buy the good seats. It's our choice to make and I'll cough it up because my wife and I love going to the games and we're able to do it.

My main complaint is that they jumped up sections 3 and 7 by two steps, from blue to red instead of to gray. But, I've had bad seats and now that I have worked my way down to better ones, I can't go back.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:55 AM   #32
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
So with the Gamecock Club, first you pay your club dues, which cost anywhere from Roost level at $100 to Diamond Spur at $31,500. (There are only 13 of those folks and I definitely ain't one, but God bless 'em.)

http://thegamecockclub.com/benefits/

After you pay the club dues then you make your seat "donation," and that's where that color chart comes in.

What I don't know is whether other SEC schools have the same pricing model, where you pay club dues then buy seat licenses on top of that.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:12 AM   #33
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
So with the Gamecock Club, first you pay your club dues, which cost anywhere from Roost level at $100 to Diamond Spur at $31,500. (There are only 13 of those folks and I definitely ain't one, but God bless 'em.)

http://thegamecockclub.com/benefits/

After you pay the club dues then you make your seat "donation," and that's where that color chart comes in.

What I don't know is whether other SEC schools have the same pricing model, where you pay club dues then buy seat licenses on top of that.
You forgot paying for the actual season tickets.

Club dues, $365 for season tickets, seat tax, parking (if you buy through the university).

As far as other programs, I tried to look at Alabama's website and it looks like (I could be completely misunderstanding) they have something similar, with different donation but they combine the season tickets and seat tax. They also list the value of individual game tickets higher than they would be if you bought season tickets, which helps people recover costs incurred if they have to sell their seats.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #34
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2833
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
You forgot paying for the actual season tickets.

Club dues, $365 for season tickets, seat tax, parking (if you buy through the university).

As far as other programs, I tried to look at Alabama's website and it looks like (I could be completely misunderstanding) they have something similar, with different donation but they combine the season tickets and seat tax. They also list the value of individual game tickets higher than they would be if you bought season tickets, which helps people recover costs incurred if they have to sell their seats.
Georgia has a very similar model. Club dues, tickets, seat tax, parking.
Their priority point system is a little different than ours. But overall, it's pretty similar
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #35
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Georgia has a very similar model. Club dues, tickets, seat tax, parking.
Their priority point system is a little different than ours. But overall, it's pretty similar
Yeah, I would assume most of the models are pretty similar around all of the bigger programs.

I would also imagine that every time they see a rate increase their fans bitch an moan.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:30 PM   #36
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

There is one good thing about it. "Donation" may be a misnomer but a good chunk of it is tax deductible.