CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
Cockypantherfan
Three and Out
JerseyBird
Spurticus
GamecockInHell
EAtMoRTaYtErz
carolina_corpsman
Gamecocks1137
usc1
That seals it (1126)
MBB Elite 8 Presser (459)
SEC Love (429)
2017 NCAA Tournament (420)
GATOR HUNTIN' SEASON (395)
Gamecocks and Ducks (359)
Watching the SC/UF G (336)
Replay or Video? (311)
How is it possible? (311)
2019 - Jalen Perry (309)
**Game #3 USC (16-6) vs.
One and done in NCAA?
Spring Game 2017
Does the basketball run..
Kurt Roper Looks To Open
Letter from Frank
Florida vs. South Carolin
2017 NCAA Tournament:**US
Spring practice news
NFL considering unlimited

Old 03-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #21
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 335
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bentley and Hurst spent spring break working out

I don't always believe everything that I read, but the flip side is "where there's smoke there's fire".

You constantly heard positive things about Connor Shaw's work ethic, negatives about Connor Mitch's work ethic, and now positives about Bentley. So far, all of that has been verified through on the field performance and development. Mitch's issues put us back the last two years but Bentley's dedication bodes well for the future of Bentley and the team.

We just need to keep strong QBs in the pipeline - come on down, Dakereon!
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:42 AM   #22
5lbYardcock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit5lbYardcock rules the CockPit

I'm waiting for Jake to say " we will not lose to Climpsin during the rest of my time here".
Old 03-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #23
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 833094
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Did you hear the story about Bobby describing Jake as a young child. He said Jake was much more aggressive than his older brother. He recalled one time, Jake and his older brother were playing in the sandbox in the back yard. Jake was 4-5, the brother was 7-8. Jake kept the toys so the brother couldn't play with them. Then Jake wouldn't let the brother get in. He said, dude not in my house !!!!

That's all true, except the last sentence. It made for a better story.

Both Jake and Zach Bailey have assumed leadership roles on the offense.

One more tidbit, Hutcherson is splitting time with the 1's along with Young at LT.
Apparently Hutch is now one of the strongest, if not the strongest guys on the team. He's gone from 230 to 310 and is benching 500 lbs. Sawyer said he is very quick and he's so strong you can't move him.
NICE!
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #24
Three and Out
4-Star

Male

Three and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
NICE!
Exactly. If Hutcherson wins the starting job at LT, that bodes well for our OL this year with him beating out Young and perhaps even Dennis Daley.
Three and Out is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #25
Wisercock
Game MVP

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

I think the same thing is true with all sports. You can be blessed with God-given talent, but you can waste it by not practicing or improve on it by practicing constantly. Its funny, but I didn't see this as a young man. I never really practiced the things I liked and I didn't get any better at them. Now that I am old and wrinkled I see the wisdom of practice. Not just practice (although that helps) but a good practice routine.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:18 PM   #26
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoCockZ71 View Post
Back when I played I was always one of the biggest and usually he fastest kid on the team with one of the better arms but coaches sons always wanted to be QB and RB so I never got play the positions even after other parents agreed I was the better athlete. So really it just depends on the situation and the kids it's not a clear cut thing when it comes to the coaches son(tbh I'm mostly talking about rec league)
I hear what you're saying. I've coached my sons in baseball for 4 years. My kids are decent and have potential but I don't show favoritism. If my son isn't good enough for certain positions he doesn't play. I don't give him more time or preference over other kids. I try to spend one on one time with every kid to help them get better. However I know coaches who coach to give their kids preference and more playing time. I don't like it at all but not sure what you can do.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote