CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
6pack
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
SanAntonioCock
GregoryHouse
gotrice?
smoovecock
ccured
Hugh Freeze about to (4157)
Happy Birthday Cover (1177)
Chester Bennington o (586)
Guy Eargle (211)
Freeze out @ old Mi (207)
Women can suffer fro (185)
10 College Football Head
Hugh Freeze about to be f
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
***The Open Championship*
Holbrook to CofC
Some Nice News On Incomin
Battlefield 1
2018 - Tyquan Johnson
Dozier Signs With the Lak
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP

Old 03-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #81
highstick
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
highstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPithighstick rules the CockPit
Default Re: Spring practice news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T. View Post
Don't worry. The offense has 12 players as well.
It's a new Madden game...
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:33 PM   #82
Dizzy01
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
You got me....
Because I completely ignored it once I realized it was irrelevant.
But, I see that my response shut up the know it all....(not you)
Uhmmm...Please don't take my absence of disrupting your dream world to mean anything other than I didn't check in for a few days. There are too many ifs in your assessment and if pigs could fly we would all carry umbrellas.

Last edited by Dizzy01; 03-16-2017 at 07:48 PM..
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #83
Three and Out
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Parks or Stanley at LT...Wolford is working with both to improve their game and teach them how to block. The best one coming out of Spring practice wins the posistion...
I think you meant LG. Hutcherson and Young are spitting time with the 1's at LT.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:35 AM   #84
Blackland
Game MVP

Male

Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...mpetition#free
Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #85
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 540
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Uhmmm...Please don't take my absence of disrupting your dream world to mean anything other than I didn't check in for a few days. There are too many ifs in your assessment and if pigs could fly we would all carry umbrellas.
Mine isn't an assessment. It's my career and I've been proven correct time and again. Thank you sir, have a good day.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #86
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

ra74 what i personally meant in regards to the two tight ends is i dont think the players themselves create the mismatches we want if we're in 2 tight ends with hurst/crosby. where we'll be able to run on a team if they go nickel or pass on them in their base or run on them when they know its coming.

having said that things can change this year with a new oline coach, bentley grasping more of the offense to make the proper checks, and potentially better blocking from the te position things can definitely be different this year. we have options this year that we didnt last year, the more formations that we run well the better. the report from muschamp that the offense was humming in the scrimmage is certainly encouraging.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #87
xXSirSpurXx
Two Deep

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Doubt that he is ahead of either Williams or Dowdle, but what's the report on Caleb Kinlaw. Also heard that OrTre Smith is integrating himself into the offense pretty well so far. Kicking and punting game also is still a mess apparently...
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #88
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Been a very quiet spring. I seem to remember there being much more chatter during the Spurrier years.

Thank goodness we have the tournament to keep up with.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:12 PM   #89
TaySC
Starter

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Peter Burns @PeterBurnsESPN

@GamecockFB back at it on a perfect day in Columbia. Jake Bentley can flat out fling it.

Early thoughts after @GamecockFB Spring Tour. If OL is solid, South Carolina's offense is going to be a blast to watch. Lot of playmakers.

Bentley is a natural leader at QB, serious weapons on the outside with Deebo & Edwards. Good trio of backs & huge target in Hayden Hurst at TE.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #90
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
Been a very quiet spring. I seem to remember there being much more chatter during the Spurrier years.

Thank goodness we have the tournament to keep up with.
That was because we had some open practices under Spurrier, and there were Spurticus' practice reports. But it's been off-limits under Muschamp, and even the press hasn't been fed a lot of info. I'm perfectly OK with all that.....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #91
Goofyboy
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

We'll be allowed in on April 1st, and that's no joke. I hope we have plenty to buzz about after that.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #92
Dizzy01
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra742002 View Post
Mine isn't an assessment. It's my career and I've been proven correct time and again. Thank you sir, have a good day.
You're hypothesizing that guys will draw double teams and that the TEs are threats in more than just the passing game. Neither of those things are always true and especially not here at this time. It's like the old belief that every offensive play can score as long as it's executed properly completely disregarding the fact there are 11 guys on the other side of the field who believe every defensive play is a guaranteed stop if it's executed properly.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:59 PM   #93
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
...having said that things can change this year with a new oline coach....
I wonder if Eric will have any input on TE blocking?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:27 PM   #94
Three and Out
Starter

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
I wonder if Eric will have any input on TE blocking?
i can't imagine him not being involved.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:48 AM   #95
GamecockTaylor
Realist

Male

GamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudly

Don't see Wideman lasting long. You can just see he's not really into it by his body language, and he also got called out by LT in the last drill for doing it wrong... I hope this is just a one off thing, but I doubt it.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #96
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 189993394528431262
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Old 03-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #97
sosfan812
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
That was because we had some open practices under Spurrier, and there were Spurticus' practice reports. But it's been off-limits under Muschamp, and even the press hasn't been fed a lot of info. I'm perfectly OK with all that.....
I blame it all on Spurt! I've told him the last few years he needed media credentials or he could have dressed like a coach and got it...
Worse case is he still could put up fake practice reports so everyone would have something to complain about!
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:10 AM   #98
sosfan812
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

I laughed when I saw the post with drills because ole Chief Hendrix was in my office monday bitching up a storm that he was at the practice saturday and all they did was drills and he wanted to see coaching.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #99
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post

@GamecockFB back at it on a perfect day in Columbia. Jake Bentley can flat out fling it.

Early thoughts after @GamecockFB Spring Tour. If OL is solid, South Carolina's offense is going to be a blast to watch. Lot of playmakers.

Bentley is a natural leader at QB, serious weapons on the outside with Deebo & Edwards. Good trio of backs & huge target in Hayden Hurst at TE.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #100
Blackland
Game MVP

Male

Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...ms-update#free

Football, who cares now I guess? Good info if you are interested...