CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
Spurticus
kingofnerf
gamecock88
GregoryHouse
Y Formation
Spur's Addiction
Ace Dilcock
SterlingBrooks
cack
Figger, Maybe Gone (1128)
Did Kotsar make bigg (957)
Wall Street Journal (913)
Kentucky Fans Hit A (601)
Athlon Sports - Rank (436)
Did Anyone Cry After (402)
South Carolina spons (323)
Asheville (281)
Real Final Four Roll (274)
Sin is MOP, So Far (271)
Sin is MOP, So Far
The further adventures of
Kentucky Fans Hit A New L
Martin has matured, time
Did Anyone Cry After the
Notice Burned By Gonzaga
South Carolina Basketball
Real Final Four Rollcall
The court is ready in Pho
Frank Martin: "Apath

Old 03-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
CoastCocky
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material
Default Bentley and Hurst spent spring break working out

Nothing groundbreaking here, but it's something football-related:

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...e-bentley-lift

Sounds like Jake is gonna work his tail off this off-season.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
12+4=6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 124611065020
12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6
Default Re: Bentley and Hurt spent spring break working out

Using "Bentley" and "Hurt" in the same title is going to cause some heart attacks.

Good to see though.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 0
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
Using "Bentley" and "Hurt" in the same title is going to cause some heart attacks.

Good to see though.
..Your too late....I am keyboarding this from behind the Pearly Gates...
Old 03-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
CoastCocky
Starter

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material
Default Re: Bentley and Hurst spent spring break working out

Quote:

Good to see though.
Wow, that's an unfortunate typo. Guess a mod has to fix it.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-SEC

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:

Good to see though.
Yeah, it got me...

But it is good to see that they are working hard. Sounds like he is doing all the right things, all we can do is wait and see.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #6
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
Nothing groundbreaking here, but it's something football-related:

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...e-bentley-lift

Sounds like Jake is gonna work his tail off this off-season.
Every time I read anything in the news about Bentley since he took over the starting job
it usually states some quote by him talking about his off season workouts and his
goals for both him personally and for the team. With Connor Shaw, it was usually
mentioned in the news / media by one of the coaches, or by a team mate or by his
dad that he was working out constantly, watching film and working on his game, so
you knew that Shaw had a SERIOUS work ethic and was constantly improving his
skills, even though he didn't "Toot his own horn" ... Bentley seems to be cut in the
same mold with the exception that he's confident enough to talk about his work
and his goals to anyone. Either way, These are the kinds of young men you want
at the QB position. Guys who work toward improvements and guys who are
usually working with a team mate or two (or more) getting better. ... In the words
of Coach Paul "Doc" Hines ( Greg Williams / Remember the Titans )"We Done Found
Ourselves A Quarterback
" !!

Thanks For posting that
Old 03-15-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53950769
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

We should continue to target coaches' sons ( or Sons of Martha) at the qb position here

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:28 PM   #8
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
We should continue to target coaches' sons ( or Sons of Martha) at the qb position here
I must say it has worked wonders for us recently.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #9
CoastCocky
Starter

Female

Quote:
There seems to be something to it.

When you compare McIlwain and Bentley, both starting as true freshman, there was simply a night and day difference between their level of comfort on the field. Athletic ability aside, Brandon simply seemed lost when he was on the field, as many true freshman may feel. But Bentley seemed unnaturally poised.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:44 PM   #10
kacrosinsc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 100200
kacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his comb

The kid Is definitely a winner. We are blessed we have him. He will do great things here.
kacrosinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:49 PM   #11
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

It appears the whole team has done a good job of working out and adding muscle this offseason. Skai Moore and TJ Brunson are swole.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #12
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
My father and I had a discussion about this once. Back in little league coach's sons always made "all-star" teams and parents of course complained and claimed "bias". But the real reason was because these kids (I was one of them) is always the first one at the field and the last to leave for obvious reasons. Just means extra ground balls or extra passing drills. The work ethic never really leaves you as its shown with two of our QB's now who were coaches sons.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 117177121
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Superman and Batman wouldn't argue this.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #14
PalmettoCockZ71
Recruit

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
My father and I had a discussion about this once. Back in little league coach's sons always made "all-star" teams and parents of course complained and claimed "bias". But the real reason was because these kids (I was one of them) is always the first one at the field and the last to leave for obvious reasons. Just means extra ground balls or extra passing drills. The work ethic never really leaves you as its shown with two of our QB's now who were coaches sons.
Back when I played I was always one of the biggest and usually he fastest kid on the team with one of the better arms but coaches sons always wanted to be QB and RB so I never got play the positions even after other parents agreed I was the better athlete. So really it just depends on the situation and the kids it's not a clear cut thing when it comes to the coaches son(tbh I'm mostly talking about rec league)
PalmettoCockZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #15
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoCockZ71 View Post
Back when I played I was always one of the biggest and usually he fastest kid on the team with one of the better arms but coaches sons always wanted to be QB and RB so I never got play the positions even after other parents agreed I was the better athlete. So really it just depends on the situation and the kids it's not a clear cut thing when it comes to the coaches son(tbh I'm mostly talking about rec league)
I didnt say it was exclusive. Obviously you're gonna have some idiot coaches.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #16
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Three and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talons

Both Bentley and Hurst are working hard to get better. Those guys are setting an example that I hope others will follow. I think both have a good chance to play on Sunday's in a few years.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:49 PM   #17
uscGRAD04
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I believe another similarity between Connor Shaw and Jake Bentley is they are both the youngest of a line of coaches sons. Thats got to help growing up bc you always want to out-do your bigger brother.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #18
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Wasn't Dylan Thompson a coaches son as well? For some reason I thought his dad was head coach at boiling springs

Also it's always the kids in little league that can't be tackled that usually play in college and NFL. Charone peake literally would score 7 tds a game in little league with his dad as coach and middle school. He also had an older brother who played and went to Wofford. Coach Bentley said that about jake. That he couldn't be tackled. Adam humphries same way. Weird how you sort of know it when you see it. No matter the age.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:23 AM   #19
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Three and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
..Your too late....I am keyboarding this from behind the Pearly Gates...
You'll never get in.....lol.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:45 AM   #20
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Wasn't Dylan Thompson a coaches son as well? For some reason I thought his dad was head coach at boiling springs

Also it's always the kids in little league that can't be tackled that usually play in college and NFL. Charone peake literally would score 7 tds a game in little league with his dad as coach and middle school. He also had an older brother who played and went to Wofford. Coach Bentley said that about jake. That he couldn't be tackled. Adam humphries same way. Weird how you sort of know it when you see it. No matter the age.
Did you hear the story about Bobby describing Jake as a young child. He said Jake was much more aggressive than his older brother. He recalled one time, Jake and his older brother were playing in the sandbox in the back yard. Jake was 4-5, the brother was 7-8. Jake kept the toys so the brother couldn't play with them. Then Jake wouldn't let the brother get in. He said, dude not in my house !!!!

That's all true, except the last sentence. It made for a better story.

Both Jake and Zach Bailey have assumed leadership roles on the offense.

One more tidbit, Hutcherson is splitting time with the 1's along with Young at LT.
Apparently Hutch is now one of the strongest, if not the strongest guys on the team. He's gone from 230 to 310 and is benching 500 lbs. Sawyer said he is very quick and he's so strong you can't move him.