CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
Captain9Dragons
thekob
Ace Dilcock
GregoryHouse
TastyLicks
eightohhthree
gotrice?
2019 - Tyler Fromm (925)
Place to stay (471)
2021 - Chaz Chamblis (330)
US Womens National T (243)
2019 - Jerrion Ealy (235)
2020 - Brandon Field (232)
2019 - Riley Simonds (207)
2019 - Deshon Stoude (162)
2020 - Sergio Allen (129)
Company of Heroes 2 (106)
WBB: Any news on BCM?
tv refresh rate for 4k fl
The FCC has voted to repe
Question regarding new OC
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2018 - Steven Gilmore
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
2019 - Tyler Fromm
2018 - KJ Henry
NFL: BEARS @ DETROIT LION

Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 AM   #101
JoeCock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 999899147
JoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official: outback bowl

Thinking about going to the Outback Bowl but I am not a Gamecock Club member.

What is the best route to get tickets?
Old 12-07-2017, 01:30 AM   #102
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Boooooooooooooo. Tired of the outback bowl, especially a rematch against a boring Michigan team. Gator bowl vs anyone would be better

Before the division championship games I looked at bowl projections and they had us in the Taxslayer (Gator) Bowl against Michigan. Now it's Miss State vs Louisville in that bowl game.

Aren't the better bowls played near the end? If that's the case it means the Outback bowl is a bit better than the Gator? Win or lose we still got into a good bowl so I'm not complaining. Better than last year!

Go Cocks!!!!!!!!!!!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:39 AM   #103
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Before the division championship games I looked at bowl projections and they had us in the Taxslayer (Gator) Bowl against Michigan. Now it's Miss State vs Louisville in that bowl game.

Aren't the better bowls played near the end? If that's the case it means the Outback bowl is a bit better than the Gator? Win or lose we still got into a good bowl so I'm not complaining. Better than last year!

Go Cocks!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, Outback is better than Gator or Taxslayer bowls. Going from 3 to 9 wins in 2 years and some are still complaining. Same people that don’t show up for home basketball games.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:49 AM   #104
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Yes, Outback is better than Gator or Taxslayer bowls. Going from 3 to 9 wins in 2 years and some are still complaining. Same people that donít show up for home basketball games.

Ok, thanks. That's what I thought. Taxslayer is being played on Dec. 30th. Our bowl is the same day as the playoffs. That's cool.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:51 AM   #105
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet/Black Fan View Post
Over/under on how many times we see "The Hit"..

My nephew (Bama grad) and I were talking about "The Hit" at our family Thanksgiving dinner. He said that was probably one of the best plays he's seen in college football. Of course it is. That's why JC won the ESPY for that hit. I still watch that on YouTube from time to time.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:28 AM   #106
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
Who's coming down? The game is on a Monday so you will have enough time to drive home to SC. As I live just south of the bay, I'm going. I've not seen the team play live since the 2013 Citrus Bowl.

I think you're about due a live football game! Have fun.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:33 AM   #107
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
I'd love to - waiting to see if they offer students discounted tickets. Would also have to figure out the hotel situation.

I looked online and the cheapest ticket I found for crappy seats was $60/ea. I'm not a student so I get no discounts.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:24 AM   #108
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockin It View Post
I'm pumped! Just bought 11 tickets for me and my fellow Tampa friends.

Awwww! You're so sweet to have thought of me. I can't wait for the game. Wait..........I dont' live in Tampa! Oh, well.............
Old 12-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #109
JoeCock
Blue Chip

JoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
I looked online and the cheapest ticket I found for crappy seats was $60/ea. I'm not a student so I get no discounts.
Cheapest I saw, on the Bowls Web page, are $80 each and that's in the Upper Deck.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #110
ultimatetailgater
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

I love the Outback bowl. I've been to the last 4 we've gone to, I'll be at this one and I'd gladly go 20 more times. Tampa is much more fun to visit than Jacksonville and much warmer. The city does a great job with this bowl. The beach party and Parade are both top notch.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 PM   #111
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
I love the Outback bowl. I've been to the last 4 we've gone to, I'll be at this one and I'd gladly go 20 more times. Tampa is much more fun to visit than Jacksonville and much warmer. The city does a great job with this bowl. The beach party and Parade are both top notch.
The one I went to in 2000 was very cold.... definitely not typical Florida weather on that particular day.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:59 PM   #112
Gamecocks0197
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCock View Post
Cheapest I saw, on the Bowls Web page, are $80 each and that's in the Upper Deck.
The school is offering students tickets in the end zone for $50. Not bad.

Tickets aren't the big issue - it's hotel and transportation on a college budget if I were to go.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #113
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
The school is offering students tickets in the end zone for $50. Not bad.

Tickets aren't the big issue - it's hotel and transportation on a college budget if I were to go.
get 3 more guys and split it..

Plus, its 8 hrs driving at most..you could rotate that and go up and back in one day...your in college.

Or after the game u drive back 3 hrs and get a,cheap hotel in ga..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #114
Irmo Cock
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
Irmo Cock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
This will be my 4th Outback Bowl. I bought tickets in the endzone in front of the pirate ship. $80
Irmo Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:44 AM   #115
cocked&ready2rock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocked&ready2rock is making other chickens nervouscocked&ready2rock is making other chickens nervouscocked&ready2rock is making other chickens nervouscocked&ready2rock is making other chickens nervouscocked&ready2rock is making other chickens nervouscocked&ready2rock is making other chickens nervouscocked&ready2rock is making other chickens nervouscocked&ready2rock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Thinking about going to the Outback Bowl but I am not a Gamecock Club member.

What is the best route to get tickets?

Right in front of the stadium couple hours before the game. We have been to every bowl game since 2000 and never went with a ticket. Every year we have bought tickets form groups of 2 to 6 together and paid half or less than face value every time.
cocked&ready2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:37 PM   #116
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 899700
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Also have to remember, we were playing in the Outback Bowl when we had 10 wins. So playing there with 8 on NYD is quite a good thing. I am excited to see how BMAC utilizes the weapons we have on Offense, and if Jake can have a good game under BMACs play calling. Not sure I am expecting a win, but I don't expect a loss either. Kind of 50/50 about this game. I think if Jake plays hot, like we have seen in the past, we will win for sure. If he plays scared, their D will eat him alive.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:16 PM   #117
JoeCock
Blue Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irmo Cock View Post
This will be my 4th Outback Bowl. I bought tickets in the endzone in front of the pirate ship. $80
I took 3 in the upper deck, near the end where the ship is. View looked good and we were able to get the 3 end seats, on the 3rd row.
Looking forward to it.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:09 PM   #118
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Michigan secondary coach hired by Rice.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:06 PM   #119
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190122800
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Does anyone know when the Outback bowl is? Date and time? I need to request that day off from work lol

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:34 AM   #120
lakemurraycock
Two Deep

CockyCash: 5357
lakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Does anyone know when the Outback bowl is? Date and time? I need to request that day off from work lol
Nope. It is a secret. Jan 1 at noon
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote