CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
gotrice?
kick_ball
TRBTB
Ace Dilcock
Master Bedroom
rabid cock
Nick29321
Blackland
5lbYardcock
2017 North South Shr (3044)
Colonial Life (307)
The Eagles to perfor (268)
The Most Satisfying (121)
2017 North South Shrine B
Thoughs On Men's BB At Ex
2018 - KJ Henry
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
Georgia State University
2017-18 College Basketbal
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
Should Hurst sit out?
Question regarding new OC
Colonial Life

Old 11-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #21
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnet43 View Post
2018 was loaded with 5⭐️ recruits, but not so much for 2019 so far.
One 5⭐️ recruit that I do like is Diamond Miller a 6’1” guard from NJ, just north of Philly in the general area where Dawn pulled Cliney from. Maybe that could give us an edge........
From what I remember, Cliney came from a pretty tough neighborhood. So would that make this prospect a Diamond in the Rough?

Sorry about that one. FSU has to recruit hard in Georgia because we are taking the top Florida players, like Destanni and Keke and Ladazhia.

I see a different looking team next year, but not necessarily worse. More of a Guard-oriented style than an inside attack. Players like Grissett, Cliney, Saxton and Keke will have more room to work and attack the basket.

We will get a grad transfer or two to help inside, but there is enough on the outside to carry us. We will be uptempo and fun to watch.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #22
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
I see your point...But i disagree with your choice of words "slight rebuild mode"....If Alexis Jennings gives us another year we will just fine...Every one is over reacting to the misses...Focus on whats already in the program. .Freshmen mature and get better...We can use an infusion from the transfer circuit this off season...We can't always get what we want...Dawn will get what she needs...We wont have A'ja next season...No one else in college ball will have A'ja Wilson either...We won the SEC the yr before Wilson got here...I have no doubts we'll win it after she is gone...She made the last 3 a lot easier no doubts..But the program is strong and the squad is very well coached...Personally, i don't expect to win the SEC every year...But with Coach Staley at the helm we will win it most years...
You misunderstood me, I should’ve said it differently. When I said “slight rebuild mode” I was referring to the actual roster... building the actual roster. I’m not saying we’re gonna fall off the edge of the Earth and start losing more than winning. No, we’ll still win.. but we will be in rebuild mode in the sense that Dawn will probably have 6 scholarships for 2019 and will have the roster fluidity to decide what kind of team she wants to play with the next 5 or 6 years... will she keep the post-centric inside out offense or will she build her team around wings and stretch-4s. She has a lot of offers out to wings and stretch-4s in the 2019/2020 classes so I’m thinking she already knows how she wants to build her future roster..

Her first few years at SC her team’s were very guard/wing oriented.. I can see her going back to that style because that’s where the upcoming talent is. We changed our style a little with Ibiam and Coates (even Wilson to an extent, yes I know, she’s not a back to the basket post, but our offense is still post centric with her here).. Back to the basket posts are becoming like unicorns in the sport..

Last edited by DorchesterGamecock; 11-16-2017 at 02:15 PM..
DorchesterGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #23
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
From what I remember, Cliney came from a pretty tough neighborhood. So would that make this prospect a Diamond in the Rough?

Sorry about that one. FSU has to recruit hard in Georgia because we are taking the top Florida players, like Destanni and Keke and Ladazhia.

I see a different looking team next year, but not necessarily worse. More of a Guard-oriented style than an inside attack. Players like Grissett, Cliney, Saxton and Keke will have more room to work and attack the basket.

We will get a grad transfer or two to help inside, but there is enough on the outside to carry us. We will be uptempo and fun to watch.
They'll be plenty of better uptempo teams then us though and non uptempo ones if Dawn doesn't bring in some good transfer players that can play immediately.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #24
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnet43 View Post
2018 was loaded with 5⭐️ recruits, but not so much for 2019 so far.
One 5⭐️ recruit that I do like is Diamond Miller a 6’1” guard from NJ, just north of Philly in the general area where Dawn pulled Cliney from. Maybe that could give us an edge........
FYI, Cliney is from Newark, not in the Philly area. We used to have a point guard from Trenton, which is just NE of Philly.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:53 AM   #25
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Celeste Taylor, a 5’11” SG from New York, committed to Texas today. ESPNW ranked her as the #14 overall recruit for 2019. Taylor held an offer from and took a UOV to USC.
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/art...:womenbb:index
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #26
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

UPDATE: 6’1” wing, Haley Jones, the #5 player for 2019 was one of several unofficial visits yesterday.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #27
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 419716208
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
UPDATE: 6’1” wing, Haley Jones, the #5 player for 2019 was one of several unofficial visits yesterday.
She made the trip all the way from Cali?
Ahmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:20 PM   #28
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
She made the trip all the way from Cali?
Yep. Interesting.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:41 PM   #29
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Here’s Haley’s tweet about her UOV. Attached are 4 pics of her on the visit.
https://twitter.com/haleyjoness19/st...33540766240769
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #30
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

I'll be shocked if Haley comes all the way across the country to play for us, but I'm still hoping so.
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #31
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
That was a good game to see.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #32
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

I just noticed that Melanie Balcombe is not on the staff anymore.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #33
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I just noticed that Melanie Balcombe is not on the staff anymore.
She's now at Texas Tech, but I don't recall hearing an announcement about this.

Looks like it happened in early July as her twitter account shows her saying bye and that she will miss everyone on July 7th.
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:52 PM   #34
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
She's now at Texas Tech, but I don't recall hearing an announcement about this.
From The State , July 6 :

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...159870649.html
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #35
CockNJersey
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

All anyone talks about in this forum is women's recruiting. Yawn.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #36
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
Never saw that.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #37
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

Spur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
I appreciate the ones in here who give us good info on women recruits but I would also like to see lots of info on men recruits. We see very little of this.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #38
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
I appreciate the ones in here who give us good info on women recruits but I would also like to see lots of info on men recruits. We see very little of this.
Well, who better than you?
Old 12-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #39
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Feel free to start some threads with new information on men's recruiting.
FlorenceCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #40
Phillygamecock
4-Star

Male

Phillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudly

The coaching staff was in California yesterday to look at Haley Jones.
Phillygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote