CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
2k15
carolina_corpsman
Rooster'srule
sandstorm2001
The Pain Train
Take-a-Knee
cocky0
Ace Dilcock
Captain9Dragons
Jovaughn Gwyn is str (2051)
USC 2018 Rank The Ga (559)
Kawhi to Toronto for (525)
Gamecock Football Mi (365)
What's the Ideal Tem (344)
National Hot Dog Day (281)
Kawhi to Toronto for Dero
Can Carolina and Tennesse
USC 2018 Rank The Games Y
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 - Kamren McCray
2019 - Travon Walker
SEC Media Days
10 Oldest and Newest Coll
E$PN SEC preseason power

Old 05-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #21
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Muschamp tormenting Florida fans again

The only way Florida fans will ever admit they messed up is if Muschamp wins a National Championship here.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #22
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

**** Florida

**** Georgia

**** Tennessee

**** Texas A&M

**** Missouri

**** Ole Miss

**** Clemson

I don't give a shit what any article has to say. Our job is to send all their asses home this season wailing like the ****head programs they are. Florida fans have gotten 50+ years of consistent, dominant teams, SEC division and conference titles, national titles, and excellent coaches. I'm not sitting around waiting for the day they finally respect us as a rival as much as Georgia. Go ahead, call Muschamp shitty and undermine us while our program and team is currently better than yours. More power to ya.

In fact all of those asshole fanbases should act like we don't matter and not worth their time. Let's just kick their ass while they're down.

But you know who's really not worth anyone's respect or time?

Kentucky. I don't respect them or their fans enough to put them on the above list, they don't deserve to be with the rest of those names. They're a pathetic program with a dwindling yet assholeish fanbase who have beaten us 4 years in a row somehow, but that still doesn't warrant enough respect from me to put them on the list with the others. **** you Kentucky, eat shit.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #23
CarboroCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
CarboroCock is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post

Florida fans have gotten 50+ years of consistent, dominant teams, SEC division and conference titles, national titles, and excellent coaches.

50+ years of consistently mediocre?
They didnít get good until Spurrier got there.

0 conference or national titles before him
CarboroCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #24
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his comb

Quote:
**** Florida

**** Georgia

**** Tennessee

**** Texas A&M

**** Missouri

**** Ole Miss

**** Clemson

I don't give a shit what any article has to say. Our job is to send all their asses home this season wailing like the ****head programs they are. Florida fans have gotten 50+ years of consistent, dominant teams, SEC division and conference titles, national titles, and excellent coaches. I'm not sitting around waiting for the day they finally respect us as a rival as much as Georgia. Go ahead, call Muschamp shitty and undermine us while our program and team is currently better than yours. More power to ya.

In fact all of those asshole fanbases should act like we don't matter and not worth their time. Let's just kick their ass while they're down.

But you know who's really not worth anyone's respect or time?

Kentucky. I don't respect them or their fans enough to put them on the above list, they don't deserve to be with the rest of those names. They're a pathetic program with a dwindling yet assholeish fanbase who have beaten us 4 years in a row somehow, but that still doesn't warrant enough respect from me to put them on the list with the others. **** you Kentucky, eat shit.
Have to beat them, ATM, and Clem$ux this season. Weíve been playing on the back end of those teams way too long.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:05 PM   #25
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
???
UF took a chance on Muschamp at Florida due to the fact he had not been a head coach at a major
program before, and was only Rumored to be the HC in waiting at Texas. That was never confirmed by
a reliable source, other than Fan Message boards and Sports talk show hosts opinion. Everyone knew
he was a damn good defensive minded coach, but as a Head Coach he was questionable.

Jeremy Foley hired him at UF to follow Urban Meyer but he also had a major hand in hiring Muschamp's
staff there, and one of the first things he did was to bring Charlie Weiss aboard to run the offense. It
was never proven, but most believe he was hired as a "safety net" in case Muschamp didn't work out,
and they had to get an interim coach for a while. Foley hired or STRONGLY SUGGESTED to Muschamp
to hire Weiss as the OC and that alone put Muschamp in a deep hole there. Their styles of Offense
never jived. Muschamp's plan for the offense, and Weiss' actual schemes did not mesh and it cause
a lot of issues at Florida from the get go. Over the next three years, Champ had to find a way around
the bad start, and the eventual poor replacements of Weiss when he left, but in Champ's final season
he had a very strong, talented roster (especially the Defense), and the offense was "stout", however
shortly after the season started that year, the injury bug hit him and first and second unit players
started dropping like flies. He lost both his starting QB and the #2 guy to season ending injuries, and
also lost two starting O/linemen for the year as well as his starting TE for several weeks. All in all, he
lost 17 players on offense due to injuries and a large pool of those were season ending.
He never got another chance to prove himself after that. He was let go at the end of that season and
ended up at Auburn coaching Defense again.

When he got the job here, Tanner allowed him full reign to hire his assistants, and to take the team
in the direction they wanted to take it. He had total control over the team once he got here, and the
results have been slow, but very steady in an upward trend. I have no doubt well see that continue
in 2017 and beyond. It makes a huge difference if your AD doesn't get involved in hiring the guys you
are going to depend on to get the program where you want it to go.

I definitely think he is a really good coach and that the defense will always be good as long as he is running the ship and that Florida didn't give enough chance to prove himself. But whatever reasons or excuses there are or who you want to suggest is to blame, Florida was non-the-less a pretty bad team those last 2 years and Gator Nation was not happy with that or with him as the HC. If we perform well below our standards for a couple of years it will be the same story here. I do think we'd give him more time to turn it around in that situation than Florida did. Still, it going to take more than 2-3 good years here to prove he's an elite coach able to match the standards of Florida as an Elite national team. In my opinion the offense is very much in danger of being very bad should Bentley be injured. We need a guy able to run our offense well behind Bentley should he be injured and also for the future post-Bentley or what happened to UF will happen to us.

I do NOT agree that Muschamp's struggles were because of the AD or because of injuries or bad OC. It was because the QBs kind of sucked. Just like Meyer's last year was bad when his QB was Brantley. It took them while to replace Tebow. If they waited let Muschamp have a year with Will Grier he would probably still be coaching there because the defenses remained good every single year when the offense was terrible. We need to learn from the mistake and have the next QB ready to good while we still have Bentley.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #26
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
I definitely think he is a really good coach and that the defense will always be good as long as he is running the ship and that Florida didn't give enough chance to prove himself. But whatever reasons or excuses there are or who you want to suggest is to blame, Florida was non-the-less a pretty bad team those last 2 years and Gator Nation was not happy with that or with him as the HC. If we perform well below our standards for a couple of years it will be the same story here. I do think we'd give him more time to turn it around in that situation than Florida did. Still, it going to take more than 2-3 good years here to prove he's an elite coach able to match the standards of Florida as an Elite national team. In my opinion the offense is very much in danger of being very bad should Bentley be injured. We need a guy able to run our offense well behind Bentley should he be injured and also for the future post-Bentley or what happened to UF will happen to us.

I do NOT agree that Muschamp's struggles were because of the AD or because of injuries or bad OC. It was because the QBs kind of sucked. Just like Meyer's last year was bad when his QB was Brantley. It took them while to replace Tebow. If they waited let Muschamp have a year with Will Grier he would probably still be coaching there because the defenses remained good every single year when the offense was terrible. We need to learn from the mistake and have the next QB ready to good while we still have Bentley.
Joyner will improve from the spring game. I remember Connor Shaw's first ever start was vs ECU in 2011. He looked awful. Dylan Thompson's first real playing time was vs Vandy in 2012. He looked awful. Not saying Joyner will repeat the play from those guys, but both those players are considered some of the best in school history and they looked like a deer in headlights at first.

We aren't at the offensive level that is necessary to compete for an SEC title, but we're close. Jake hit a sophomore slump last year, and now he has a better OC and QB coach.

And even with Jake's struggles, he's so much better than any of UF's quarterbacks during Muschamp's time there. Once Muschamp can prove he can have a team with offense (which is coming soon), he will have proven that he's not the same guy as he was at UF.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:27 PM   #27
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
Have to beat them, ATM, and Clem$ux this season. We’ve been playing on the back end of those teams way too long.
Especially Texas A&M and Kentucky. Both those teams have been average at best the past few years and there's no reason for us to lose to them in 2018 - especially Kentucky.

With all the resources, money, etc. that this school has put into this football program and with the current standards, there is no reason for us to lose to UK, much less lose to them four years in a row.

I hate losing to Clemson as much as anyone, but with how all three of those programs are right now, losing to A&M or UK is much more embarrassing.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #28
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Joyner will improve from the spring game. I remember Connor Shaw's first ever start was vs ECU in 2011. He looked awful. Dylan Thompson's first real playing time was vs Vandy in 2012. He looked awful. Not saying Joyner will repeat the play from those guys, but both those players are considered some of the best in school history and they looked like a deer in headlights at first.

We aren't at the offensive level that is necessary to compete for an SEC title, but we're close. Jake hit a sophomore slump last year, and now he has a better OC and QB coach.

And even with Jake's struggles, he's so much better than any of UF's quarterbacks during Muschamp's time there. Once Muschamp can prove he can have a team with offense (which is coming soon), he will have proven that he's not the same guy as he was at UF.
All correct. I entrust TRob and Champ will continue to improve the Defense. The Offense will improve under coaches Bryan and Werner. The offense will significantly improve, because Bentley will finally be able to let loose, like he did 2 years ago. See what happens Cock fans, shaping up to be a special year!
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:40 AM   #29
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Especially Texas A&M and Kentucky. Both those teams have been average at best the past few years and there's no reason for us to lose to them in 2018 - especially Kentucky.

With all the resources, money, etc. that this school has put into this football program and with the current standards, there is no reason for us to lose to UK, much less lose to them four years in a row.

I hate losing to Clemson as much as anyone, but with how all three of those programs are right now, losing to A&M or UK is much more embarrassing.
actually, to tell you the truth, I think ATM will be a much easier battle. Take a look at their depth chart: on offense they lost Christian Kirk to the NFL (drafted early 2nd round) and Damion Ratley, who were the large bulk of their receiving game. And what's left? Every single ATM wide receiver they have is a sophomore, no hyperbole. There is no established leader at all, no proven talent. On top of that they're starting a quarterback who's only played half a game in his college career. They also lost their starting running back Keith Ford.

Not to mention we play A&M at home and their defense was perfectly mediocre last year, and this year they lose 5 defensive starters including defensive leader Armani Watts and their starting 3 defensive linemen.

And personally, I doubt Jimbo Fisher is SEC material. Something about him just doesn't fit the caliber of play going on here. He's definitely made for the ACC. I don't think his cutesy shit will work out here against SEC defenses, especially when his offense has a ton of question marks.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:50 AM   #30
JSmothers1
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPitJSmothers1 rules the CockPit

[QUOTE=2k15;5186682]actually, to tell you the truth, I think ATM will be a much easier battle. Take a look at their depth chart: on offense they lost Christian Kirk to the NFL (drafted early 2nd round) and Damion Ratley, who were the large bulk of their receiving game. And what's left? Every single ATM wide receiver they have is a sophomore, no hyperbole. There is no established leader at all, no proven talent. On top of that they're starting a quarterback who's only played half a game in his college career. They also lost their starting running back Keith Ford.

Not to mention we play A&M at home and their defense was perfectly mediocre last year, and this year they lose 5 defensive starters including defensive leader Armani Watts and their starting 3 defensive linemen.

And personally, I doubt Jimbo Fisher is SEC material. Something about him just doesn't fit the caliber of play going on here. He's definitely made for the ACC. I don't think his cutesy shit will work out here against SEC defenses, especially when his offense has a ton of question marks.

It really sucks they lost all that talent to the draft. Hereís to hoping Jimbo can field a competitive team by Week 2.
JSmothers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #31
CarboroCock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmothers1 View Post

It really sucks they lost all that talent to the draft. Hereís to hoping Jimbo can field a competitive team by Week 2.
This is sarcasm right?
Old 05-11-2018, 09:16 AM   #32
rabid cock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 24763
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
Do they? They're going to be really good under Mullen.

Spurrier, Mayer, Mullen......

three that are synonymous with success.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #33
CarboroCock
Banned

Male

Quote:

I don't think it's Jimbo I think it's A&M.
They've always been this "sleeping Giant" and have failed.

They'll always be the little brother and really can't get over it, because realistically, UT doesn't even care.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:08 PM   #34
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

I don't know many UF fans that want WM back. I think he has done well at SC so far.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:06 AM   #35
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
I don't know many UF fans that want WM back. I think he has done well at SC so far.
They are in the vast minority. I bet like 50 times more gator fans would rather see Spurrier as the coach. You could probably say the same for Tebow. Urban Meyer is the guy they REALLY wanted back, but now they have Dan Mullen who is probably the next best thing.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #36
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
I have yet to meet a Gator Fan who's more than 15 years old that think UF getting rid of
Muschamp was the right move. I would bet that if you spoke with everyone of them 5 years
ago, they'd have told you it was time for a change and that Muschamp was not a good head
coach. NOW, they all want him back after seeing how he's taken a 3 win team that was
basically burnt to the ground, and after two full seasons, taken that team to a 9 win season
and has them in the Top 15 in recruiting and starting to look STRONG again.
After they sit back and look at the Big Picture, they realize the man was given a stacked deck
to begin with at UF, and a run of bad luck his final season killed his chance at a school that
was looking for another SEC and National Title from whoever they hired IMMEDIATELY.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #37
tpep
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
tpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot material

A lot of CWM's failure at uf goes back to Foley. CWM didnt get to choose HIS oc until the final year
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #38
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have yet to meet a Gator Fan who's more than 15 years old that think UF getting rid of
Muschamp was the right move. I would bet that if you spoke with everyone of them 5 years
ago, they'd have told you it was time for a change and that Muschamp was not a good head
coach. NOW, they all want him back after seeing how he's taken a 3 win team that was
basically burnt to the ground, and after two full seasons, taken that team to a 9 win season
and has them in the Top 15 in recruiting and starting to look STRONG again.
After they sit back and look at the Big Picture, they realize the man was given a stacked deck
to begin with at UF, and a run of bad luck his final season killed his chance at a school that
was looking for another SEC and National Title from whoever they hired IMMEDIATELY.
Go to Swamp Gas and ask that question and the responder's age. That said, they would take him back before McElwain.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #39
Toneski
Blue Chip

Male

Toneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot materialToneski is USC mascot material

Quote:
???
UF took a chance on Muschamp at Florida due to the fact he had not been a head coach at a major
program before, and was only Rumored to be the HC in waiting at Texas. That was never confirmed by
a reliable source, other than Fan Message boards and Sports talk show hosts opinion. Everyone knew
he was a damn good defensive minded coach, but as a Head Coach he was questionable.

Jeremy Foley hired him at UF to follow Urban Meyer but he also had a major hand in hiring Muschamp's
staff there, and one of the first things he did was to bring Charlie Weiss aboard to run the offense. It
was never proven, but most believe he was hired as a "safety net" in case Muschamp didn't work out,
and they had to get an interim coach for a while. Foley hired or STRONGLY SUGGESTED to Muschamp
to hire Weiss as the OC and that alone put Muschamp in a deep hole there. Their styles of Offense
never jived. Muschamp's plan for the offense, and Weiss' actual schemes did not mesh and it cause
a lot of issues at Florida from the get go. Over the next three years, Champ had to find a way around
the bad start, and the eventual poor replacements of Weiss when he left, but in Champ's final season
he had a very strong, talented roster (especially the Defense), and the offense was "stout", however
shortly after the season started that year, the injury bug hit him and first and second unit players
started dropping like flies. He lost both his starting QB and the #2 guy to season ending injuries, and
also lost two starting O/linemen for the year as well as his starting TE for several weeks. All in all, he
lost 17 players on offense due to injuries and a large pool of those were season ending.
He never got another chance to prove himself after that. He was let go at the end of that season and
ended up at Auburn coaching Defense again.

When he got the job here, Tanner allowed him full reign to hire his assistants, and to take the team
in the direction they wanted to take it. He had total control over the team once he got here, and the
results have been slow, but very steady in an upward trend. I have no doubt well see that continue
in 2017 and beyond. It makes a huge difference if your AD doesn't get involved in hiring the guys you
are going to depend on to get the program where you want it to go.
Spurt - youíve got your facts wrong buddy. Muschamp didnít get hit with all those injuries in his final season, it was his next to last season. In the 2013 season Muschampís offense was decimated by injuries and was awful. Muschamp fired OC Brent Peace after the 2013 season.

Muschamp hired Kurt Roper for the 2014 season, which ended up being his last season with the Gators. In 2014, Roper had all those injured players healthy and did not suffer the injury plague of the previous season. Yet, even with a healthy offensive roster Roperís offense was just as awful with a National ranking in the 90ís (sound familiar?).

Muschamp didnít get a raw deal at Florida by getting fired after an injury plagued season. He was given 4 years and his offense just never improved. He was apparently well liked at UF and fans wanted him to succeed, he just didnít win enough games. The fans were ready for a new coach and no UF fan Iíve ever heard or read on a message board believes UF made a mistake by firing Muschamp after year 4.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:44 PM   #40
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneski View Post
Spurt - youíve got your facts wrong buddy. Muschamp didnít get hit with all those injuries in his final season, it was his next to last season. In the 2013 season Muschampís offense was decimated by injuries and was awful. Muschamp fired OC Brent Peace after the 2013 season.

Muschamp hired Kurt Roper for the 2014 season, which ended up being his last season with the Gators. In 2014, Roper had all those injured players healthy and did not suffer the injury plague of the previous season. Yet, even with a healthy offensive roster Roperís offense was just as awful with a National ranking in the 90ís (sound familiar?).

Muschamp didnít get a raw deal at Florida by getting fired after an injury plagued season. He was given 4 years and his offense just never improved. He was apparently well liked at UF and fans wanted him to succeed, he just didnít win enough games. The fans were ready for a new coach and no UF fan Iíve ever heard or read on a message board believes UF made a mistake by firing Muschamp after year 4.
Good post.