CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
catdaddy66
TaySC
thumpin big
crowcutta
CockNJersey
Y Formation
usc1
Order 66
kingofnerf
2018 - PF - EJ Montg (984)
So close yet not qui (750)
UFC 220: Stipe Mioci (391)
NCAAB: Tennessee @ S (304)
NFL: VIKINGS @ EAGLE (41)
NFL: JAGUARS @ PATRI (36)
247 is a Joke
New Smart TV
2018 - Rick Sandidge
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
**USC (12-6) vs. Tennesse
NFL: VIKINGS @ EAGLES Sun
NFL: JAGUARS @ PATRIOTS S
UFC 220: Stipe Miocic vs
Perfect Game 2018 Preseas
2018 - PF - EJ Montgomery


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #241
Kazak
Blue Chip
 
Kazak's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: columbia, sc
Posts: 568
CockyCash: 5500
Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
A lot of people feel this way. But when are you are able to say we have a top 15 or even a top 10 recruiting class vs a top 25 or top 20... the perception is much different. Players want to play with other great players and the rankings help reflect that.

FWIW - Thompson should be graded out at about. 94 or 95 by 247 when it's all said and done. Kid is an absolute beast
This.

Stars are meaningless in the sense that Thompson obviously is who he is regardless of any site’s rating, BUT class rankings are a key part of the overall perception of our program in the eyes of current and future (2019, 2020) recruits. They see improved recruiting rankings and they see more evidence of a program on the rise. Thompson getting a bump to 4-Star could be key to us finishing with a top 15 class (along with getting Wonnum and Sandidge, of course.)

Last edited by Kazak; 01-12-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:46 PM   #242
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American
 
Ace Dilcock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mt. Pleasant
Posts: 9,938
CockyCash: 13662
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Thompson is a 5* talent, whether he is graded there or not. That is all that matters.

Well, that and getting him qualified. And deciding where he can help the most. We might need him more at DB, but BMac could use him when Deebo is gone. Plus he is a Special Teams superstar in the making.

I will say it now - he has more talent and will be a better player in college than either Deon Cain or RayRay McCloud - both 5* players who proved to be over-rated once they got to college.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #243
sc455
Heisman Candidate
 
sc455's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 15,464
CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I will say it now - he has more talent and will be a better player in college than either Deon Cain or RayRay McCloud - both 5* players who proved to be over-rated once they got to college.
That is your brain wanting that to happen. you surely cant know that for sure.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #244
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 13,604
CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

I think Bryce is in the conversation for top player in the state but to say he is clearly ahead of Derion Kendrick or vice versa is a load of crap. Both players are legit and it'll be interesting to see who has the better career. I fully expect him to be one of the biggest winners in the country in the re-ranking that's about to happen across the board, I think he'll finish up the #2 player in the state in the composite.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #245
sc455
Heisman Candidate
 
sc455's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 15,464
CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I think Bryce is in the conversation for top player in the state but to say he is clearly ahead of Derion Kendrick or vice versa is a load of crap. Both players are legit and it'll be interesting to see who has the better career. I fully expect him to be one of the biggest winners in the country in the re-ranking that's about to happen across the board, I think he'll finish up the #2 player in the state in the composite.
i agree. let me ask you a question..i hear he will be on defense at sc. do you think thats the case?

I personally dont see how somebody with those moves and speed can NOT be on offense. He would be a total nightmare in the slot. Shi Smith on Steroids..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #246
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 13,604
CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i agree. let me ask you a question..i hear he will be on defense at sc. do you think thats the case?

I personally dont see how somebody with those moves and speed can NOT be on offense. He would be a total nightmare in the slot. Shi Smith on Steroids..
It's where I expect him to start out at the very least. Muschamp and TRob believe that he has 1st round CB written all over him. I could see his career playing out many different ways due to his versatility but I think it's a safe bet to say in August he'll start out working with the CBs. He could end up going the Pharoh route and switching to offense a month into his career here but as far as starting off he'll be on the defensive side. He also may factor into the return game.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #247
rt3891
ISLAND COCK
 
rt3891's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 316
CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spursrt3891 has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
It's where I expect him to start out at the very least. Muschamp and TRob believe that he has 1st round CB written all over him. I could see his career playing out many different ways due to his versatility but I think it's a safe bet to say in August he'll start out working with the CBs. He could end up going the Pharoh route and switching to offense a month into his career here but as far as starting off he'll be on the defensive side. He also may factor into the return game.
He may start out on D, but they do need to try him at receiver in camp if heís that good. Itís an offense driven game these days. He may very well be able to have a larger impact as a receiver.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 AM   #248
kingoftheroost
Household Name
 
kingoftheroost's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 6,821
CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

I really, really want his academics to be in order so he can qualify. I just want to see what he can do with his natural talent being nurtured by the likes of Muschamp and Robinson.
__________________
kingoftheroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #249
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 13,604
CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
He may start out on D, but they do need to try him at receiver in camp if heís that good. Itís an offense driven game these days. He may very well be able to have a larger impact as a receiver.
Legit 1st round CBs don't grow on trees. When you have one, and the way Muschamp puts together his defenses sometimes two, it makes everything on defense so much easier and operating on offense so much more difficult. In terms of stats and making noise that fans recognize WR would always be the choice. In terms of impact a coach recognizes it's a legit toss up, the CB position may not make as much noise when there is an elite CB but noise and impact are two different things. You can still get the ball into Thompson's hands on returns even if he is playing defense.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #250
CapitolCock
Bowl MVP
 
CapitolCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Gamecock Nation
Posts: 2,125
CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 Commitment - Bryce Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Legit 1st round CBs don't grow on trees. When you have one, and the way Muschamp puts together his defenses sometimes two, it makes everything on defense so much easier and operating on offense so much more difficult. In terms of stats and making noise that fans recognize WR would always be the choice. In terms of impact a coach recognizes it's a legit toss up, the CB position may not make as much noise when there is an elite CB but noise and impact are two different things. You can still get the ball into Thompson's hands on returns even if he is playing defense.
Yeah, I mean look at what Minkah Fitzpatrick meant to Alabama these past few seasons. And Jalen Ramsey with the Jags. They completely take away the entire side of the field they are on, which really limits an offense.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2018, bryce thompson

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development