CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockNJersey
thekob
Flips
BringBackGarcia
Lonnie
Flameout12
Wisercock
LegalCock
JDStud6
SC Gamecock
Cause of WR issues? (518)
Worst case scenario (427)
Luck ran out yesterd (423)
Serious Question to (332)
Where are the tight (304)
Man run over by lawn (295)
Gator Fan's Perspect (237)
The Chefs vs the Pat (210)
The critique of the (202)
Thoughts/Prayers App (188)
Bowen declares for NBA dr
Bowl eligible?
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Serious Question to our f
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
The critique of the offen
Tennesee Game Time....
Battling Apathy
Attendance Saturday vs Te
Current State Of Gamecock

Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM   #61
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 57416
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Attendance Saturday vs Texas A&M

People do not want to pay premium prices for mediocre results....
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #62
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
I was at the game. Attendance was pretty low, but I think that's probably normal on days the Fair is in town. Parking was certainly tighter.

But honestly, I can't blame people for not showing up. I'm not sure I'll buy a tickets for next year. It's just not worth it.

I probably spent about $300 for the two of us, and wasted 4.5 hours in the car to go sit and watch us embarrass ourselves. On top of that, I had to wait in the concessions line to get to the front and have them say 2 items were already sold out, in the first half. Then head to the bathroom to pee in a trough with a bunch of other dudes.

Winning cures a lot, but paying money and wasting time to get crappy food, use a crappy bathroom, and watch a crappy team all over the field....it's just not worth it. I have too much to do with my life, and I'd rather watch the game in 3 hours on the comfort of my couch instead of spending 3 times that being uncomfortable watching us put on a horrid display.

JD
This is really true. I don't have season tickets this year, and maybe its partly the product on the field, but I just don't miss it as much as I thought I would. All the time and money that goes into getting to the game, tailgating, getting home just isn't as worth it any more. I think next year, we might just pick one game and buy tickets online.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #63
JDStud6
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15065
JDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
This is really true. I don't have season tickets this year, and maybe its partly the product on the field, but I just don't miss it as much as I thought I would. All the time and money that goes into getting to the game, tailgating, getting home just isn't as worth it any more. I think next year, we might just pick one game and buy tickets online.
Yea, I've been buying the 3 game mini plan for a few years. Generally they're exciting and fun. Maybe we're just getting old, because I'm close to 40 and I was pretty tired today just from being gone all day. Overall it was fun, except for the result, of course. But we left just before 8 AM and got home a little after 10 (listened to a band for about 45 mins after the game to let traffic thin out a bit). We are both very busy so it's tough to waste basically 1.5 days to sit through a game like that when there's just nothing very comfortable about it (lines, bad food, running out of items early, gross bathrooms, etc). They could easily improve some things that would enhance our time there, such as providing WIFI in the parking lots. I pay $40 to park near the indoor practice field, but would gladly pay for a 24 hour pass with good quality wifi. At least that way I could stream other games while we tailgated.

I got my first degree from SC and it will always have a special place in my heart, but my wife's first degree was from TN and if they start improving, maybe I'll be going with her to more of their games lol

JD
JDStud6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 PM   #64
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 200
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

I haven't been to a game in a couple of years, and probably won't until they put a better product on the field.
NAGamec0ckFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #65
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

I disagree about the Georgia game. That place was loud and rocking at kickoff and the upper deck had a very good turnout. Fans gave the team a great environment to win with and they did nothing with it, per usual for big home games.
TwoNotch Dreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:49 PM   #66
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Announced attendance was 76,871.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #67
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

It was the fair traffic. Attendance actually wasnt THAT bad, it just took people forever to finally get to their seats. Then a lot of people left at halftime and more left in the 4th. The stadium was noticeably very loud at times (and it definitely was swaying!)

It usually takes us only 1.5 hrs to get from our home to our seats. we left 3 hours early and didn't get to our seats until 3:40PM. We paid $10 and parked a mile away and walked to the stadium because walking was quicker than the traffic that wasn't moving, and we didn't want to be late. If you took assembly street you likely got stuck in traffic. It was much better to take Olympia street, but even there it was backed up. Just one of those days.
SC Gamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #68
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Gamecock View Post
It was the fair traffic. Attendance actually wasnt THAT bad, it just took people forever to finally get to their seats. Then a lot of people left at halftime and more left in the 4th. The stadium was noticeably very loud at times (and it definitely was swaying!)

It usually takes us only 1.5 hrs to get from our home to our seats. we left 3 hours early and didn't get to our seats until 3:40PM. We parked a mile away and walked to the stadium because walking was quicker than the traffic that wasn't moving and we didn't want to be late. If you took assembly street you likely got stuck in traffic. It was much better to take Olympia street, but even there it was backed up.
Yep, one of the deputies sent out a video message saying that if you were going downtown to attend the fair or the game, then you were going to have to park far away and walk far. All the parking that was near the stadium was completely full.
TwoNotch Dreams is online now   Reply With Quote