CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
Order 66
Garnet&BlackOp
GeoCocky66
carolina_corpsman
gamecock88
kingoftheroost
Cockadoo
CockNJersey
ConwayGamecock
Thank You (666)
Who's the 1* bandit? (634)
BCM and her final ye (232)
NCAAF: CHATTANOOGA A (228)
Furman Basketball (197)
Tailgating for Chatt (132)
NCAAF: NOTRE DAME @ (93)
NCAAF: GEORGIA STATE (88)
NCAAF: IOWA STATE @ (79)
BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPIN (76)
Can We Upset Clemson?
Don't Underestimate Chatt
**USC (5-4) vs. Chattanoo
2019 - Chris Steele
**USC (2-1) vs. Providenc
2019 - Jakai Moore
Week 12: Around College F
2019 - Jaydon Hill - Flor
Discussion: 2020 Recruiti
Red Dead Redemption II

Old 11-05-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material
Default Shoutout to all the traveling Gamecocks!

We represented well. It was actually my first away game (have seen So Cal v Arizona in the coliseum in 2015). The Grove was awesome and some fans took my friend and I in like two stray puppies. Tailgated right by the chemistry building - their tailgate was called The Landshark Lounge.

But yeah we were LOUD. Was in section S row 22.
SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
Cornerback
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 2000
Cornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudlyCornerback is crowing loudly
Default Re: Shoutout to all the traveling Gamecocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
We represented well. It was actually my first away game (have seen So Cal v Arizona in the coliseum in 2015). The Grove was awesome and some fans took my friend and I in like two stray puppies. Tailgated right by the chemistry building - their tailgate was called The Landshark Lounge.

But yeah we were LOUD. Was in section S row 22.
Yeah it was an awesome day for football. Perfect weather. I was secton S row 21. We wuz neighbors. lol.
Cornerback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Myself and a couple friends made the trip and I concur with everything you said. Ole Miss fans were top notch pre-game in The Grove. We ventured around and a guy came out to meet us and told us to come eat and drink all we wanted at no cost. Incredible experience and highly recommended.

I love their stadium. It's small but I like the way it was laid out and I thought it was visually appealing to watch a football game. I felt close to the field.

A+ trip.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #4
CoverTwo

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Oh and USC fans definitely BROUGHT IT. Incredible turnout by our fan base.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
CarolinaCJAM
Class of 2017

Male

CockyCash: 400
CarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudly

Agreed, our fan base represented very well. I enjoyed the trip - really wish we went there more frequently. Looking forward to going back in 15 years or so. haha
Old 11-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #6
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

https://twitter.com/GamecockFB/statu...75712495632384
Old 11-05-2018, 02:45 PM   #7
darthtripous
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 505
darthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot material

After this weekend I’ve been to just about all the SEC stadiums. This was the best experience I’ve ever had at an away game. Everyone was nice and everyone was thrilled we came.

How about the talent walking around before the game? Holy crap!
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #8
tkousc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot materialtkousc is USC mascot material

I was there in section R row 6. Deebo's opening TD came right at me it was great. The Grove is pretty cool I just wish the game started later.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #9
CoverTwo

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtripous View Post
After this weekend Iíve been to just about all the SEC stadiums. This was the best experience Iíve ever had at an away game. Everyone was nice and everyone was thrilled we came.

How about the talent walking around before the game? Holy crap!
Mark Packer says that Ole Miss is the home for future Miss Americas. Very accurate statement.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #10
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
I was there in section R row 6. Deebo's opening TD came right at me it was great. The Grove is pretty cool I just wish the game started later.
PTS if you had included pics

They whispered to him, "You can not withstand the storm." He whispered back, "I am the storm."

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #11
gvillegamecock90
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 600
gvillegamecock90 is developing his combgvillegamecock90 is developing his combgvillegamecock90 is developing his combgvillegamecock90 is developing his combgvillegamecock90 is developing his combgvillegamecock90 is developing his combgvillegamecock90 is developing his combgvillegamecock90 is developing his combgvillegamecock90 is developing his comb

I was there as well and I'd say it was about 35-40% USC fans in that stadium. Overhead the Ole Miss radio guy say that that was the most opposing fans they have had this season.

31-9(6-2 vs. Clemson)
gvillegamecock90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:25 PM   #12
Frosty
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 69920200
Frosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot material

Free refills on sodas blew my mind. Brilliant idea to speed things up. Walk up stations for refills next to the concessions. The sights around the stadium were not to shabby either.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:37 PM   #13
gamecockhub
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 11000
gamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPit

Section R row 56, great crowd and game!
Old 11-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #14
cockypastor
Exiled in Hogland

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talonscockypastor has developed his gaff and talons

Father of an Ole Miss player and I have been friends since we were classmates in seminary. Visited with he and his wife after the game. They were impressed. She said the Gamecocks travel better than any other team in the SEC.
cockypastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #15
Mechanical Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5180
Mechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot material

I was also told several times that was the most traveling fans they had seen. Old news but i can confirm.

Their tail gate was amazing. The people were real friendly. The talent was on display. They do it better than us, and really anything i've ever seen. Considering it was an 11am kick for a team they had mostly lost hope in i can't imagine what it was like a few years ago.

Btw...we shouldn't complain about noon kicks as much as they should about 11.

Their in-game experience, to me, was nothing compared to what we bring. Their student didn't turn our and the stadium was maybe 2/3 full..if that. And with only 65k capacity.

The opening sequence and return from half time were nothing to write home about. I think i'm spoiled with the 2001 and sandstorm.

I'm also not convinced that they are going to have that mascot for more than a few years. Doesn't seem to me that the real fan base was buying into it.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:03 PM   #16
SC Gamecock
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot materialSC Gamecock is USC mascot material

Ole miss is just one of those places. It’s a great place to see a game. I seem to remember Spurrier commending the environment at ole miss during the press conference after the 2008 game. He originally was going to commit to Ole Miss.

Not so much a huge stadium or the loudest fans, but the tailgate and the people.
SC Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #17
lfowens
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 3000
lfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPit

I was there and had a great time (the fact that we won did help)!
The Grove was everything it is built up to be - amazing - the best tailgate atmosphere anywhere (and I have seen quite a bunch) - bar none.

What really impressed me is that there is no cars in the Grove, only tents, so they must spend all day Friday setting it up - it was one tent after another.

The Ole Miss fans were also the best - they set a standard for sportsmanship that everyone should think about. They want to win and work hard to win, but they also respect traveling fans - never did I feel disrespected for having a gamecock shirt on - I felt so good about it, I bought an Ole Miss hat and wore it.

Again, It was great that we won, but I would have had the same impression regardless. and BTW, I bought tickets on Craigslist from an Ole Miss season ticket holder and sat on the Ole Miss side - there were a several other Gamecock fans on the Ole Miss side of the stadium as well.

I was proud of the Gamecock corner of the stadium as our 3-4 sections was full and loud.
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:41 AM   #18
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10540
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

Took my 63 year old dad and my 6 year old son. We had a blast. We stayed with some friends in Senatobia (Ole Miss fans). Got there early and the grove was packed. The whole scene was exactly what you picture in your mind. We had plenty of nice folks walk up and talk to us and invite us to eat/drink with them. They were just as nice in the game. I've never seen such beautiful women!
I only hope opposing fans (those who come to our games as respectfully as we went there) leave feeling the way I did Saturday. It was the best road trip I've been on.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #19
Frosty
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 69920200
Frosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot material

I wish this site had an automatic picture resizer plug in. Took a ton of photos but they are all way to big to post
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #20
willyb's hotdogs#1
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5400
willyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I wish this site had an automatic picture resizer plug in. Took a ton of photos but they are all way to big to post
try emailing them to yourself via your phone, i usually get an option to change file size that way. then just save the pictures and upload those!

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote