CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
CockyLifer
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
Captain9Dragons
SheckWes
Muschamp wants fans (651)
ESPN Hater's Guide t (434)
Out of the top 10 (376)
Thanksgiving Dinner (347)
Dom headed to Marine (324)
Shi Smith's TD vs Ch (263)
Coincidences That Le (115)
2 Clemson tickets fo (23)
NCAAF: N. ILLINOIS @ (0)
Tigers by 25
Dom headed to Mariners
NCAAF: N. ILLINOIS @ W. M
Thanksgiving Dinner - Wha
vBookie Request: Post Req
NFL: CHIEFS @ LA RAMS Mon
NFL: VIKINGS @ BEARS Sun
NFL: BRONCOS @ LA CHARGER
NFL: TEXANS @ REDSKINS Su
NFL: EAGLES @ SAINTS Sun

Old 01-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
the camp branch kid
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5500
the camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot material
Default The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top ______ and score _____ points per game.

There are several threads where you can praise or lament the promotion of Bmac to OC, but all that matters is result. I figured I'd start a thread where people can predict next year's result. No need to fight in this thread just stake your claim and we'll be able to look back in 12 months to judge BMac based on production.
(Total Offense for first blank)

The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top 40 and score 34 points per game.
with a Gamecock story to tell.
the camp branch kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
mack
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
mack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPit
Default Re: The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top ______ and score _____ points per game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the camp branch kid View Post
The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top 40 and score 34 points per game.
Agree
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material
Default Re: The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top ______ and score _____ points per game.

About 75th with around 390 yrds/game and 30 ppg.

Basis: We finished this season ranked 109th in total offense. We'll get better next season, but asking to go from 109th to top 40 is just too much. Increase the offensive production by 50 yards per game and that's pretty solid. I mean, to get into the top 40 you're saying you expect McClendon to improve offense yards by 100 yards per game. That's just too much to ask I think.

Scoring, though, will be fixed more. Give me a decent FG kicker and we're already up 3-5 ppg. Through in an extra TD or so during the year and we're moving on up quickly.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #4
MWard
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 94820
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I really hope Top40, b/c with a Muschamp Defense and a Top40 offense, we'll have a great shot of winning the SECe and getting to 11+ wins.

However, based on the data: 1st time OC, no real style/piecing together Richt/Bobo/Roper, stated he doesn't want to reinvent the wheel from last year, but acknowledges that this is a make or break hire for Muschamp....

I will guess 75th-ish for Scoring Offense, around 27 pts/game. Around 90th in Total Offense, around 380 yds/game. I hope I'm wrong, I'll be happy to be wrong and would settle for a To 60th ranked scoring offense...but based on the data so far, I don't see how you could go into that realm of projections with untinted glasses.
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top __#1__ and score _Eleventy Billion_ points per game.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #6
FurmanCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5250
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Based on some of the comments in the multiple OC threads, I suspect some of our fans would be happy with a 3-9 record as long as we scored 42+ points and 500+ yards per game.
FurmanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #7
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Need to improve in a lot of stat's on offense, but if we substantially improve RED ZONE TD's, that will bring up the points per game significantly.

Looks like our OL is going to be better next year. Hutcherson is playing very well as of late. Add in all the playemakers we have and if we don't get bit by the injury bug next year, I think we will have an offense to be proud of.

Fingers crossed.

If Parker White or another kicker emerges next year that is accurate from 45 yards and in, that will also help score points and win more games.

And, we got Deebo coming back!
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:24 PM   #8
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 49477
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Glad I saw this as I was about to start a poll. I think we need to get some of these pessimist to post what they will consider a successful (not great, but successful ) first season for BMac.

That way they can't come back later and make excuses about how that wasn't good enough.

If I had to guess I would say we average between 28 and 31 points. In 2017 that would put us anywhere from 71st to 45th in scoring offense.we were 9th this season with a 24.2 PPG.

Would increasing by 4-7 points be a great first year?
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:52 PM   #9
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Glad I saw this as I was about to start a poll. I think we need to get some of these pessimist to post what they will consider a successful (not great, but successful ) first season for BMac.

That way they can't come back later and make excuses about how that wasn't good enough.

If I had to guess I would say we average between 28 and 31 points. In 2017 that would put us anywhere from 71st to 45th in scoring offense.we were 9th this season with a 24.2 PPG.

Would increasing by 4-7 points be a great first year?
An increase of 7 would be a great first year, that would get us back in the range of those offenses we had between 2010-2013.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #10
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1153600
Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
Based on some of the comments in the multiple OC threads, I suspect some of our fans would be happy with a 3-9 record as long as we scored 42+ points and 500+ yards per game.
If we score 42+ points and 500+ yards per game and lose, then I'd say Champ packed up the defense and literally let the other team just run kickoffs back for TDs every time.

As for my prediction, 30 ppg would have won us the SEC East this year, and possibly the SEC championship with Auburn's RB getting injured. They were a completely different team without him. I think we can probably average 30 points per game and 350 ypg on a consistent basis.

What I would like to see. Light up Coastal with 50+.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:11 PM   #11
GamecockInPA
1 star but overrated

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPitGamecockInPA rules the CockPit

410 yards/gm (around 50th in the country), 32 ppg (40th).

Not only will the offense improve, but we have several more games than usual in this schedule that will afford us an opportunity to have shiny stats.
GamecockInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:50 PM   #12
Senior Rooster
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 74000000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

[quote=Cockygaming;5130124]If we score 42+ points and 500+ yards per game and lose, then I'd say Champ packed up the defense and literally let the other team just run kickoffs back for TDs every time.

As for my prediction, 30 ppg would have won us the SEC East this year, and possibly the SEC championship with Auburn's RB getting injured. They were a completely different team without him. I think we can probably average 30 points per game and 350 ypg on a consistent basis.

What I would like to see. Light up Coastal with 50+.[/quote]

Me too, I'll never understand why we can rarely do that. Not that I particularly WANT to crush a small school, but just prove we are capable.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #13
JohnnyB21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20200
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

So, against a very good Michigan defense, we had 300 yards of offense and 26 points...

Once B-mac has the off season and fall camp to prep and get ready as the official OC and Bentley has a real QB coach, I think we'll average about 425 ypg and 31 points.

Just win, dammit.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:15 AM   #14
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I'm not sure how anyone can predict our offense to jump 60 spots.

Should we be able to field a top 50 offense? With the players we have, absolutely. But why are some so positive that will happen? What has BMac shown you to make you feel so confident. Please do not give me 1 quarter as evidence. I'll raise you 3 quarters.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:55 AM   #15
jeffr1207
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
jeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his combjeffr1207 is developing his comb

Based on schedule and offensive talent we have coming back alone I believe I could oc the offense next season and get into the top 60. I'd say we need to get in the top 40 in both scoring and yardage to really consider it successful with some of the cupcakes we have on our schedule this coming year. We have several games that we should really be able to pad some stats. If we don't improve significantly with this schedule I'd say this was definitely not the direction we should've went. Schedule and returning talent really sets up Bmac to be successful first year. By the way I'm not saying in any way I agree or disagree with this hire but what I do know is the players all have confidence in Bmac and like playing for him so to me that's half the battle right there. When you believe in someone and like working for them you'll do a better job on or off the football field and that's just life.

Last edited by jeffr1207; 01-06-2018 at 03:36 AM..
jeffr1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #16
JohnnyB21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20200
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I'm not sure how anyone can predict our offense to jump 60 spots.

Should we be able to field a top 50 offense? With the players we have, absolutely. But why are some so positive that will happen? What has BMac shown you to make you feel so confident. Please do not give me 1 quarter as evidence. I'll raise you 3 quarters.
You mean the three quarters he spent adjusting to the in game OC role for the first time ever? Once his nerves settled the 1.5 quarter comeback was legit.

But let's ignore that. In a short time Coach Bentley fixed a lot of issues with QB Bentley, and now we hired one of the best QB coaches available. We return all of our receivers with another year of experience, we get deebo back, we get Rico back full speed and a new crop of backs that may get PT. Offensive line will have a lot more tutelage and we should have more quality depth there as well. Defense should get us the ball more often as well.

Just win, dammit.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:28 AM   #17
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21588
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
Need to improve in a lot of stat's on offense, but if we substantially improve RED ZONE TD's, that will bring up the points per game significantly.

Looks like our OL is going to be better next year. Hutcherson is playing very well as of late. Add in all the playemakers we have and if we don't get bit by the injury bug next year, I think we will have an offense to be proud of.

Fingers crossed.

If Parker White or another kicker emerges next year that is accurate from 45 yards and in, that will also help score points and win more games.

I don't disagree with the need to get more red zone TD's, but that was only a part of the red zone story this year. Here are a few stats, with NCAA FBS rankings in parentheses:

Red zone attempts: 34 (115th)
Red zone scoring %: 85.3% (58th)
Red zone TD%: 55.3% (91st)
Red zone TD passes: 6 (110th)

Our problem was often an inability to sustain drives into the red zone, reflected in the abysmal number of red zone trips (fewer than 3 per game). We regularly stalled around the 30, forcing Parker to kick 45-55yd FG's. He only missed 1 kick all year from inside the 40, and he suffered at times from poor holds. When we did get inside the 20, we were unable to pass the ball for scores (it almost made long for the days of SOS calling three straight fades to Alshon against Bama in 2009).

If BMac can improve continuity through the midfield and into the redzone and come up with a few better red zone plays (heck throw a fade to Edwards or Ortre once in a while), we can easily pick up 7 pts / game in increased TD efficiency and more made FG's.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #18
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1153600
Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post

Yeah, he was 10/19 which means he left almost 30 points on the field this year. 27 to be exact for math nuts :P.

I've left my prediction and what I would like to see above, but I have a question below.

What kind of offense do you guys think BMac and Werner come up with?

I personally think it will be a cross between what Roper was trying to do, and what they did at Ole Miss. I think it will probably be more fun and gun and use the pass to set up the run. I expect lots of slants and taking vertical shots after turnovers on the + side of the field. I expect at least 1 1000 yard receiver and back. As previously stated, I am expecting an average of 30 ppg. I want to see us light the score up like a video game on smaller schools and be competitive in games with the likes of UGA and Clemmy tech. Most of all, I expect less predictability. So we will probably score around 20 a game again. That's fine so long as other teams aren't scoring more than 19.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #19
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

The same as this season because it's going to take half of next season to fix our issues on offense.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #20
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 547963404682
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
The 2018 BMac led offense will finish top __#1__ and score _Eleventy Billion_ points per game.

All gas, no brakes!

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote