CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
Order 66
Garnet&BlackOp
GeoCocky66
carolina_corpsman
gamecock88
kingoftheroost
Cockadoo
CockNJersey
ConwayGamecock
Thank You (669)
Who's the 1* bandit? (643)
BCM and her final ye (235)
NCAAF: CHATTANOOGA A (228)
Furman Basketball (200)
Tailgating for Chatt (132)
NCAAF: NOTRE DAME @ (93)
NCAAF: GEORGIA STATE (88)
NCAAF: IOWA STATE @ (79)
BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPIN (76)
Can We Upset Clemson?
Don't Underestimate Chatt
**USC (5-4) vs. Chattanoo
2019 - Chris Steele
**USC (2-1) vs. Providenc
2019 - Jakai Moore
Week 12: Around College F
2019 - Jaydon Hill - Flor
Discussion: 2020 Recruiti
Red Dead Redemption II

Old 11-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #41
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Florida game time

This is a very winnable game. I like the fact that it’s a noon game, because we’re the visitors. Florida is ranked, but overrated.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #42
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 9109643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

So now everyone likes noon games

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:19 PM   #43
WeDemBoyz
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 5500
WeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Florida’s defense struggles against high powered offenses. They are great against the run but barely average against the pass. We need to have our offense in gear. They can’t beat us in a shootout.

Felipe Franks is a huge liability as a QB. We have to stop the run and make him beat us. He is easily confused with zone coverages and is not an accurate thrower. Get a lead on them and put pressure on Franks and we win.
Exactly, if we can jump on them early like Mizzou did I think they'll lose confidence quickly and we can run away with it.
WeDemBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #44
WeDemBoyz
4-Star

Male

WeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his combWeDemBoyz is developing his comb

UF's D is much better than Ole Miss' D is. It'll be interesting to see, has our offense finally clicked in gear and playing to their potential, or was Ole Miss' D that bad? I would guess a combination of the 2.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:27 PM   #45
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
On the road? Absolutely.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #46
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
I didn't like the Ole Miss game at noon (11am Central) because it was my first trip to Oxford.

No problem with noon in The Swamp but I understand if someone is upset if its their first trip to Gainesville.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #47
Blackland
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

We certainly have a chance to win this one. The offense has played well the last five quarters, so hopefully this continues. With the injuries to our DB’s some guys will really have to step up if we are going to have a chance in this game. UF should win but if we can keep it close, with the quality of our WR’s and return game, we always have a chance for a big play to win it.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #48
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Have to agree. Noon start favors Gamecocks.
And with two losses in a row, that Florida crowd may not show up, or can be taken out of the game with a good start by USC.

Plus, after USC wins you can sit back and enjoy the rest of the day.
Yep it was ****ing shit when I anticipated that 7:30 UK game a couple weeks ago only to have us lose and look like dogshit. Not again.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #49
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Franks will be starting, confirmed.

Me likey.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #50
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
We open as an 8 point dog to Florida.
That seems about right.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:49 PM   #51
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
Franks will be starting, confirmed.

Me likey.
Not sure this is a good thing. Mobile QBs are always tough for us.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #52
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
Not sure this is a good thing. Mobile QBs are always tough for us.
Mobile QB’s are tough for most teams. The good thing is he’s not exactly accurate. He can throw it a mile but can’t throw a 10 yard out. That’s good considering the situation we’re in with injuries on defense.

Very interesting if he does start. You thought SC fans booing Bentley was bad? Wait and see if Franks comes out and goes 3 and out twice or throws an early pick against Muschamps team. Goodness.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:14 AM   #53
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
Mobile QB’s are tough for most teams. The good thing is he’s not exactly accurate. He can throw it a mile but can’t throw a 10 yard out. That’s good considering the situation we’re in with injuries on defense.

Very interesting if he does start. You thought SC fans booing Bentley was bad? Wait and see if Franks comes out and goes 3 and out twice or throws an early pick against Muschamps team. Goodness.
Also true. Franks has really struggled in recent weeks, and I think if we can keep him from extending plays, we’ll be in good shape. He’s no Ta’amu, who can actually hit passes accurately and efficiently.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #54
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 3643589
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Florida has played two cupcake OOC opponents, we've played only one (although had we played Marshall we'd still have only played 1 cupcake OOC opponent).

UF lost to UK at home 27-16, while we lost to UK at UK 24-10.

UF beat UTjr. at UTjr. 47-21, while we beat UTjr. at home 27-24.

UF lost to UGA at a neutral site 36-17, while we lost to UGA at home 41-17.

UF beat Vanderbilt at Vandy 37-27, while we beat Vanderbilt at Vandy 37-14.

UF lost to Missouri at home 38-17 while we beat Missouri at home 37-35.

Essentially, the biggest difference is that UF beat LSU 27-19 at home, and beat Miss St. at Miss St. 13-6, and we lost to Texas A&M at home 26-23. UF has a more consistent defense than ours have been, but the offenses are pretty similar.

The good thing in our favor is that UF's offense seems to be struggling at the right time with us coming into town, and they are having issues at QB. That 1) may hopefully help with our issues in the secondary, and 2) give our own DL a chance to disrupt UF's offense. We may be strugglign a bit on offense in this game ourselves, more due to UF's defense than our own issues....

I looked at similar data. We seem to be getting better on offense and UF is going the other way. There’s a lot of talk about YUFs defense but the got walked on by Mizzou. It seems like there’s confusion amongst the staff.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:15 AM   #55
traylorwj
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
traylorwj has hatched from the shell

So noon game and all, but where do the Gamecocks tailgate in Gainesville? Any local watering holes typically put on for the away teams?
traylorwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #56
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
Can florida please kick to Deebo? That return was huge in so many ways for our team.
I was in the shower when the game started. When I got out, I saw that we were up 7-0. I texted my sorority sisters asking what happened. They said Ole Miss was stupid enough to kick to Deebo LOL.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #57
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I was in the shower when the game started. When I got out, I saw that we were up 7-0. I texted my sorority sisters asking what happened. They said Ole Miss was stupid enough to kick to Deebo LOL.
The funny part is they didn't even kick it to him. It was just chance that he ended up with the ball on that return.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #58
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
The funny part is they didn't even kick it to him. It was just chance that he ended up with the ball on that return.
Yeah, I saw that during the half time replays.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #59
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
I looked at similar data. We seem to be getting better on offense and UF is going the other way. There’s a lot of talk about YUFs defense but the got walked on by Mizzou. It seems like there’s confusion amongst the staff.
...all against that miserable Mizzou pass defense.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #60
WeDemBoyz
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylorwj View Post
So noon game and all, but where do the Gamecocks tailgate in Gainesville? Any local watering holes typically put on for the away teams?
Really no designated tailgating for away fans, unless there's something set up through the university which i'm not aware of. The thing that sucks about a noon game is usually there is a bunch of tailgating being done in the bars across the street from the stadium, been by it before for a 330 game and it was rowdy, but didn't go in considering I was with my parents on that trip and they aren't big drinkers, plus we had to drive to Jacksonville after the game. I was really looking forward to doing that this time, bro trip no parents and staying in Gainesville, but I doubt there is much bar tailgating going on for a noon game. May go by and check it out anyways around 1030 that morning since there is really no where else I could think of going haha. If you're parking a lot of people just tailgate where they park which is really random, parked in McDonald's parking lot last time I went, also tailgating around/near university buildings/housing close by which basically is what surrounds BHG stadium.