CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
CockyLifer
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Master Bedroom
SheckWes
Muschamp wants fans (435)
Out of the top 10 (351)
Dom headed to Marine (306)
ESPN Hater's Guide t (272)
Thanksgiving Dinner (268)
Shi Smith's TD vs Ch (229)
Coincidences That Le (90)
2 Clemson tickets fo (20)
ESPN Hater's Guide to Riv
Thanksgiving Dinner - Wha
Muschamp wants fans to be
Bowl game
Tigers by 25
Predictions: South Caroli
Leleís Height
Collard Greens - Who Love
Hiring Recycled Coaches
2019 - Chris Steele

Old 11-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
cocksman08
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudly
Default 12th game officially vs Akron

@ noon Dec 1

http://amp.thestate.com/sports/colle...220858290.html
cocksman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 1500
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material
Default Re: 12th game officially vs Akron

a.k.a. "Bowden Beat-Down"
Old 11-02-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

LOVE THIS!!! Girlfriend went to Akron and is from Ohio. We will actually be in South Carolina and hopefully going to UT Chattanooga game two weeks before! This will be fun!!
uscjeremynca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #4
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

So the other 2 threads about this didn't suffice? Lol
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #5
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Looks like it's all zipped up.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
Cockfucius
Blue Chip

Male

Cockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksman08 View Post
Soooo, not as simple as using the Marshall ticket to get into the Akron game for Gamecock Club season ticket holders? What am I missing?
Old 11-02-2018, 03:30 PM   #7
Cockfucius
Blue Chip

Male

Cockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talonsCockfucius has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfucius View Post
Soooo, not as simple as using the Marshall ticket to get into the Akron game for Gamecock Club season ticket holders? What am I missing?
Answer to my basic question, from gamecocksonline:

Refunds from the Sept. 15 Marshall game to those individuals who bought them from the USC ticket office are currently in process and are expected to be completed by Nov. 15. Please be aware that tickets from the Marshall game will not be honored for the Dec. 1 game, as the refunds for that game have been processed and submitted.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #8
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 49477
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfucius View Post

Back when the game with Marshall was cancelled, Ray Tanner said that they would do refunds and that if/when a new game was scheduled you would have to purchase tickets to the new game.

Not sure why they did it this way, but they are being true to what they have said all along.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:08 PM   #9
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Back when the game with Marshall was cancelled, Ray Tanner said that they would do refunds and that if/when a new game was scheduled you would have to purchase tickets to the new game.

Not sure why they did it this way, but they are being true to what they have said all along.
if GC members can't have access to their seats, for this game, then there out to be lawsuits. The PSL is for the whole season. Hopefully, the right thing is done.
Hopefully, refunds were done to prevent fraud and because it would have been impossible to recover to tickets sent to Marshall???
Old 11-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #10
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

We got no business playing Akron. I'm really disappointed with us not challenging an opponent from the Power 5 conferences.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:16 PM   #11
Cockin It
Latti Light

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Cockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPitCockin It rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
We got no business playing Akron. I'm really disappointed with us not challenging an opponent from the Power 5 conferences.
Good point. Because scheduling two cupcakes a year would be too much...

Cockin It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:26 PM   #12
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Letís just all bitch and moan about things about a rescheduled games for a cancelled game out of our control. Geesh man. Iím going to serve up some cheese with the whine.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #13
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Let’s just all bitch and moan about things about a rescheduled games for a cancelled game out of our control. Geesh man. I’m going to serve up some cheese with the whine.
Yep. Personally, I'm just glad we get to see the team play another game. It hasn't been beautiful this season, but this is still the team we all supposedly love to watch.

Last edited by kingoftheroost; 11-03-2018 at 09:34 AM..
kingoftheroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #14
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 49477
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

I don't think he understands how this all works..... you have to find a team that had a game cancelled, you can't just take a poll and play any team that you want to.

We also needed a HOME game to make up for the home game we lost, so no Power 5 team that also lost a HOME game would be wiulling to travel and give up that home money.

Add to all of that, why would we replace our 2nd easiest game on the schedule with a tough game? It makes no sense...
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #15
wincocks84
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I too would have liked to see a tougher opponent, but I guess I can understand other teams not wanting to play an away game in Williams Brice. Of course this is assuming we reached out to them in the first place.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #16
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
I don't think he understands how this all works..... you have to find a team that had a game cancelled, you can't just take a poll and play any team that you want to.

We also needed a HOME game to make up for the home game we lost, so no Power 5 team that also lost a HOME game would be wiulling to travel and give up that home money.

Add to all of that, why would we replace our 2nd easiest game on the schedule with a tough game? It makes no sense...
Perfect can't top this explanation!
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #17
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

I am excited to get to play a game in December regardless I think it will be neat.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #18
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
I am excited to get to play a game in December regardless I think it will be neat.
Kind of related to that; I wonder if anyone would be in favor of moving the CU game to earlier in the season.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #19
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Over/under actual attendance: 35k?
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:02 AM   #20
tpep
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
tpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot materialtpep is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I too would have liked to see a tougher opponent, but I guess I can understand other teams not wanting to play an away game in Williams Brice. Of course this is assuming we reached out to them in the first place.
assuming there were any available. The choices were very limited to start with. Several have possible conference championships that came into play
tpep is offline   Reply With Quote