CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
Order 66
Garnet&BlackOp
GeoCocky66
carolina_corpsman
gamecock88
kingoftheroost
Cockadoo
CockNJersey
ConwayGamecock
Thank You (669)
Who's the 1* bandit? (643)
BCM and her final ye (235)
NCAAF: CHATTANOOGA A (228)
Furman Basketball (200)
Tailgating for Chatt (132)
NCAAF: NOTRE DAME @ (93)
NCAAF: GEORGIA STATE (88)
NCAAF: IOWA STATE @ (79)
BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPIN (76)
Can We Upset Clemson?
Don't Underestimate Chatt
**USC (5-4) vs. Chattanoo
2019 - Chris Steele
**USC (2-1) vs. Providenc
2019 - Jakai Moore
Week 12: Around College F
2019 - Jaydon Hill - Flor
Discussion: 2020 Recruiti
Red Dead Redemption II

Old 11-04-2018, 01:21 AM   #41
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit
Default Re: Injury updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
After his remarks here & in the game thread, I think he’ll be my first. Dude enjoys stirring the pot behind a keyboard.

Out of curiosity, who’s your #2?
I had forgotten the site even had an ignore list until someone here pointed me to it... so it was a long time ago... and when I went to add this guy, I found gearhead302 there. So, he's #2.

Hopefully I forget how to use the ignore list before I have to add any more...
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:25 AM   #42
Cocky2001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5400
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
I had forgotten the site even had an ignore list until someone here pointed me to it... so it was a long time ago... and when I went to add this guy, I found gearhead302 there. So, he's #2.

I hate to be the one that is like the poster that is unnamed above, but technically, gearhead302 would be #1 and the poster that shall remain unnamed is the #2...

...just sayin'...gearhead was first and...
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:31 AM   #43
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
I hate to be the one that is like the poster that is unnamed above, but technically, gearhead302 would be #1 and the poster that shall remain unnamed is the #2...

...just sayin'...gearhead was first and...
LOL, #1... #2... same box.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:32 AM   #44
sporkgod50
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 999903846
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I started enjouing the site much more once I blocked him. No idea who gear head is, but capital is the only person that's been on my ignore list in years

a bison.
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:37 AM   #45
Cocky2001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5400
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
LOL, #1... #2... same box.
So long as this box has a chrome lever and a working water supply, I am fine with it.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:26 AM   #46
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

The players that left and didn’t return are:
Dowdle
Williams, J-will
Williams, Ty’Son
Young
Charleston
There could be more. This is all I can remember.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:16 AM   #47
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Ole Miss should be fined over the field conditions. Dangerous to put student athletes on a turf like that
Old 11-04-2018, 04:36 AM   #48
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Nm
Old 11-04-2018, 06:37 AM   #49
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
Ole Miss should be fined over the field conditions. Dangerous to put student athletes on a turf like that
Agreed. Did they ever say what happened to cause the field to be in that condition? Ours was better after the Jay-Z/Beyoncé concert, which somehow drew weeks worth of concern. Meanwhile, Ole Miss’s field looked like a fairway late on a Sunday on the PGA tour.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:42 AM   #50
Roosterdog
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

I thought Ole Miss had that fake FieldTurf stuff laid down. That field was terrible.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #51
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 200
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
I thought Ole Miss had that fake FieldTurf stuff laid down. That field was terrible.
Me too..I seem to recall them having field turf in years past. Strange.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:49 AM   #52
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6200
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpe0284 View Post
Anyone think surface was to blame for some?

Nearly all. It is a travesty that Ole Miss doesn’t have proper drainage for that miserable excuse of a field. In the first quarter when my wife and I saw divots everywhere we were aghast. The SEC should fine Ole Miss for not doing their job in maintaining that field. Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2018, 06:50 AM   #53
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6200
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
Never saw so many injuries in one game, their guys were dropping like flys as well. The SEC should ban playing on that field, it does not meet basic standards.

Totally agree. Otherwise more players from other teams will get hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2018, 06:50 AM   #54
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
They might want to consider going back to it, if that’s the case. It’s pathetic that Ole Miss can’t properly take care of their field.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:21 AM   #55
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingBrooks View Post
If they aren't, can or athletic department sue theirs, because that was damned pathetic. Football is a dangerous enough game without subjecting the athletes to that crap.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #56
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
The players that left and didn’t return are:
Dowdle
Williams, J-will
Williams, Ty’Son
Young
Charleston
There could be more. This is all I can remember.
A lot of those are big.

I think Rico may be done...people that were at the game and near the Gamecock sideline said it looked really bad...possibly season ending knee injury.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #57
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Coach said he would update the injury list on tonight's teleconference. Too many to list at the post game presser.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:16 AM   #58
manic52001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
manic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his clawsmanic52001 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
This 100%. Seeing a lot of folks who don’t listen to their own advice. They spend weeks telling us we can’t say Jake’s play has seriously hurt us, but he finally plays four quarters (still doing some head scratching things), and he’s the reason we won, and we can all stop criticizing him now. Ridiculous. Can’t have it both ways.

Bottom line: if Jake played like that every game, we’d have one loss. That’s why so many of us have been frustrated.

Regardless, have there been any updates?
So true. I hope he finaly gets it.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
manic52001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:40 AM   #59
gAmkok
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

Quote:
Apparently they had FieldTurf from 2009-2015 and replaced it with loose grass and dirt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaught–Hemingway_Stadium
Old 11-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #60
Mechanical Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5180
Mechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot material

Rico was down for a while. He was helped off on his feet but you could tell if it was any worse they would have needed the cart. It was near the middle of the field and slightly towards the ole miss sode so it was hard to really see from the corner.