CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
CockyLifer
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Master Bedroom
SheckWes
Muschamp wants fans (435)
Out of the top 10 (351)
Dom headed to Marine (306)
ESPN Hater's Guide t (272)
Thanksgiving Dinner (268)
Shi Smith's TD vs Ch (229)
Coincidences That Le (90)
2 Clemson tickets fo (20)
Bowl game
ESPN Hater's Guide to Riv
Thanksgiving Dinner - Wha
Muschamp wants fans to be
Tigers by 25
Predictions: South Caroli
Leleís Height
Collard Greens - Who Love
Hiring Recycled Coaches
2019 - Chris Steele

Old 11-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #21
lruney
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
lruney is learning to peck
Default Re: Florida Discussion

Trask is injured out for year
lruney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #22
SheckWes
Recruit

Male

SheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudlySheckWes is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
We beat Ta'amu on the road...
Huh?
SheckWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:51 PM   #23
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lruney View Post
Even more important to get to Franks and rattle him.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:12 PM   #24
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
Huh?
That's the Ole Miss QB that shredded us last week. It isn't Texas A and M University.

I can see where you get that, though
Old 11-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #25
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 49477
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
That's the Ole Miss QB that shredded us last week. It isn't Texas A and M University.

I can see where you get that, though

Yeah, I had to think about it for a second myself....
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #26
CocksRgood
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20000
CocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lruney View Post
Very unfortunate for him ...I wish him well.....but that changes everything....I don't think Franks can beat us...I expect the betting line to change significantly...I am expecting us to win ugly but win ...it would be nice to see Deebo start this one off the same as last week
CocksRgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:02 PM   #27
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Florida has some real speed on offense and defense Iím still not sure we can win but if Franks makes more mistakes than Jake we have a real chance.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #28
CocksRgood
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20000
CocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot materialCocksRgood is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
Florida has some real speed on offense and defense Iím still not sure we can win but if Franks makes more mistakes than Jake we have a real chance.
Then we will win....Jake is a much better QB than Franks
CocksRgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #29
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Wonít be easy but not out of the question. Get off to a good start and anything is possible.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #30
pshade
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 250
pshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudlypshade is crowing loudly

Beating Florida comes down to two things: 1) Will CWM come out of the Tampa Two/Cover Two defense and allow the players to take a chance, or will he play conservative again and allow teams to move the ball at will and HOPE for a penalty or turnover to stall drives. 2) Will we run the ball on the edges and not up the middle. Jake play action and see the field better when we play/pass off of the edge. It is not pressure directly in his face and he is able to see the coverage better because the safety will either play the TE or him.
I understand the team is young and the cover two defense is suppose to limit mistakes, but I disagree with that philosophy. Man coverage is best when you are inexperienced. Call out your coverage and stick with him. Play single safety over the top and float the Mike LB (guess) to the play side, or pressure if its away. You can easily disguise this and the defense will not be so vanilla/predictable. Just my two cents.

Last edited by pshade; 11-07-2018 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: remove icon
pshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:36 PM   #31
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshade View Post
Beating Florida comes down to two things: 1) Will CWM come out of the Tampa Two/Cover Two defense and allow the players to take a chance, or will he play conservative again and allow teams to move the ball at will and HOPE for a penalty or turnover to stall drives. 2) Will we run the ball on the edges and not up the middle. Jake play action and see the field better when we play/pass off of the edge. It is not pressure directly in his face and he is able to see the coverage better because the safety will either play the TE or him.
I understand the team is young and the cover two defense is suppose to limit mistakes, but I disagree with that philosophy. Man coverage is best when you are inexperienced. Call out your coverage and stick with him. Play single safety over the top and float the Mike LB (guess) to the play side, or pressure if its away. You can easily disguise this and the defense will not be so vanilla/predictable. Just my two cents.
Man coverage is great...when you have the depth to run it. South Carolina just doesnít have the depth in the secondary to play more man coverage. Thatís why you didnít see it until the 4th quarter last week when it mattered most. If they run man the entire game, guys like Fenton, Nixon and Horn would have been gassed and more likely to give up the deep ball. You may see it a little bit more this week because UF isnít really a threat to run 90 plays but thatís why youíre getting the ultimate bend donít break defense.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:42 PM   #32
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material

UF has given up 19 third down conversions combined over the last two games. I think thatís a key stat going into this game. Offense needs to convert on third down and stay on the field.

Their secondary has been picked on the last couple weeks. I think Bentley could have a lot of success throwing the ball. The only thing is to be able to pick up the blitz because Grantham will blitz the heck out of an offense.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:14 PM   #33
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

Maybe it’s just me but I get the feeling UF has checked out mentally. UGa was all or nothing game. After losing that one the team was done. Missouri torched them last year and they had been building up that game since media day and laid an egg coming off a bad Georgia loss. On top of that the coach is now blaming fans, the qb nobody believes in (Franks ) is fighting with another lackluster UF qb Twitter (delrio). Momentum could be on our side all things considered,noon kickoff helps us since literally just about all our games have been nooners. If we can get off to a similar start as last week definitely think we can win.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:18 PM   #34
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurfan93 View Post
Man coverage is great...when you have the depth to run it. South Carolina just doesn’t have the depth in the secondary to play more man coverage. That’s why you didn’t see it until the 4th quarter last week when it mattered most. If they run man the entire game, guys like Fenton, Nixon and Horn would have been gassed and more likely to give up the deep ball. You may see it a little bit more this week because UF isn’t really a threat to run 90 plays but that’s why you’re getting the ultimate bend don’t break defense.
You are correct, and to take your point a little further, Florida’s QB Franks is not accurate enough to throw multiple passes for completions. If we play man, he could hit a big play over the top. Playing man would play to his strength. A short run on first down and an incompletion on second down is exactly the formula we need.

Last edited by CockTail; 11-07-2018 at 11:32 PM..
CockTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:22 PM   #35
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

I actually think the Trask injury hurts us. They were starting a guy in Tradk who had limited play time which can cause him to speed up and make mistakes. Trask wasn’t good enough to beat out Franks in practice. Franks has a great arm but is inaccurate. Trasks injury may unite the team around Franks.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:53 PM   #36
MrED
4-Star

Male

MrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPitMrED rules the CockPit

I dont give us much chance at all. Hope I am wrong.

1. We are beat to hell on Defense. Starting too many inexperienced young players. Its really bad folks. We just gave up 600 yards last week. We arent stopping anyone at this point.

2. Its too hard to win back to back road games for anyone. Practically impossible for an average middle of the road SEC team which we are. I dont care who we are playing. If we were really good I would still have my doubts for this reason alone. Its a monumental task.

3. Florida just had its worst game of the season. Which means they will be hitting on all cylinders against us. Thats just the way it works. Had they destroyed Mizzou I would actually feel better about it. Florida beat Miss St and LSU. They are plenty good enough to beat us and beat us well, no matter what happened last week.

There is nothing about this game that makes me feel good. I really hope I am wrong because it could make this season 10 times better.
MrED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:07 AM   #37
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I think Bentley gets it done against UF. I think he has finally figured it out and we will beat UF. Mark me down as 31 - 21.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:09 AM   #38
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
I actually think the Trask injury hurts us. They were starting a guy in Tradk who had limited play time which can cause him to speed up and make mistakes. Trask wasnít good enough to beat out Franks in practice. Franks has a great arm but is inaccurate. Trasks injury may unite the team around Franks.
Franks teammates for the most part do not like him. I also do not think he is a very good QB. The reason we will beat UF Saturday is our QB play will be much much better than theirs.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:38 AM   #39
Blackland
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4200
Blackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot materialBlackland is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Maybe itís just me but I get the feeling UF has checked out mentally. UGa was all or nothing game. After losing that one the team was done. Missouri torched them last year and they had been building up that game since media day and laid an egg coming off a bad Georgia loss. On top of that the coach is now blaming fans, the qb nobody believes in (Franks ) is fighting with another lackluster UF qb Twitter (delrio). Momentum could be on our side all things considered,noon kickoff helps us since literally just about all our games have been nooners. If we can get off to a similar start as last week definitely think we can win.

Nobody in the SEC likes the humiliation of losing to us, especially UGA, UF and UT. I expect UF to fight hard to win this game, probably a lot harder than if they are playing anybody else in the conference. Plus they will have the Old Ball Coach there to motivate them...
Old 11-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #40
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrED View Post
I dont give us much chance at all. Hope I am wrong.

1. We are beat to hell on Defense. Starting too many inexperienced young players. Its really bad folks. We just gave up 600 yards last week. We arent stopping anyone at this point.

2. Its too hard to win back to back road games for anyone. Practically impossible for an average middle of the road SEC team which we are. I dont care who we are playing. If we were really good I would still have my doubts for this reason alone. Its a monumental task.

3. Florida just had its worst game of the season. Which means they will be hitting on all cylinders against us. Thats just the way it works. Had they destroyed Mizzou I would actually feel better about it. Florida beat Miss St and LSU. They are plenty good enough to beat us and beat us well, no matter what happened last week.

There is nothing about this game that makes me feel good. I really hope I am wrong because it could make this season 10 times better.
Goodness...I think youíre giving UF just a little too much credit. Two of the three reasons you donít give SC a chance I would argue doesnít have anything to do with the team playing the game. Itís back to back road games and UF played horrible last week so weíre doomed!

Yes our defense gave up 600 yards last week. Thatís why Ole Miss is top 5 in the country in a lot of offensive categories. UF isnít in the top 75 on offense. Our backup QB threw for 300 against Missouri and UF couldnít move the ball against them. Their starting QB was benched.

Could we lose? Sure! But ďdonít see anything good about this oneĒ? Címon man.