CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockNJersey
thekob
Flameout12
BringBackGarcia
Flips
Lonnie
Wisercock
LegalCock
JDStud6
SC Gamecock
Cause of WR issues? (518)
Worst case scenario (427)
Luck ran out yesterd (423)
Serious Question to (332)
Where are the tight (304)
Man run over by lawn (295)
Gator Fan's Perspect (237)
The Chefs vs the Pat (210)
The critique of the (202)
Thoughts/Prayers App (188)
Bowl eligible?
The critique of the offen
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Bowen declares for NBA dr
Serious Question to our f
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Tennesee Game Time....
Battling Apathy
Attendance Saturday vs Te
Current State Of Gamecock

Old 10-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #21
lfowens
4-Star

CockyCash: 3000
lfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPit
Default Re: Attendance Saturday vs Texas A&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watauga View Post
This is a horrendous excuse. Shuttles run constantly from parking areas on campus.
I agree that it is a horrible excuse for a die hard fan, but I will tell you another thing, it is a real factor.

I know people who have tailgate spaces and buy their tickets from other people or online for the games that they want to attend. When their tailgate space is not available, they simply put this on their calendar as game they will not tailgate and not attend.

So, from a business perspective and from working towards maximizing fulfillment of the stadium, the school should do everything they can to work the schedule where the fair is in town during away games.

Horrible excuse or not, it is real, I know this for a fact!
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #22
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock_92 View Post

There is nothing worse than a bunch of fair weather fans...

GO COCKS!
The issue is there is not 80,000 die hard fans willing to put up with the extra traffic and pay for tickets.

If you are a casual fan, this is not an ideal game to go to. Call them fair weather fans or whatever, but its just a reality.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:56 PM   #23
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfowens View Post
I agree that it is a horrible excuse for a die hard fan, but I will tell you another thing, it is a real factor.

I know people who have tailgate spaces and buy their tickets from other people or online for the games that they want to attend. When their tailgate space is not available, they simply put this on their calendar as game they will not tailgate and not attend.

So, from a business perspective and from working towards maximizing fulfillment of the stadium, the school should do everything they can to work the schedule where the fair is in town during away games.

Horrible excuse or not, it is real, I know this for a fact!
Well said. Like it or not, it plays a factor in people choosing to go to the game or not. Just like the the hot weather effects peoples choice to attend/stay at games.

carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:57 AM   #24
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Come on, guys, it's fun having a game during the fair and instead of tailgating, you can have fair food.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:50 AM   #25
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 0
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
From recent memory, we usually have a bye week for one of the fair weeks, if the school was more consistent about scheduling an away game for the other week it would work fine. That being said, I am sure there is a lot more that goes into the process.
I think the Conference is part of that calculus as well. NC State has a similar situation with the NC State Fair (shared parking lot).
Old 10-12-2018, 07:02 AM   #26
GamecockInHell
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1802785
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I can't go because the wife is sick, but in the past I've parked at the fairgrounds, took my grandson to the fair, and then went to the game. But this was always for later games. I guess you could reverse the order.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:21 AM   #27
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
I think the Conference is part of that calculus as well. NC State has a similar situation with the NC State Fair (shared parking lot).

Yes - The SEC sets the conference schedule. And they probably couldn't care less who has a fair or other concurring activity near stadiums.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #28
Rooster2007
2 deep

Male

CockyCash: 3950
Rooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
The Fair is in town. People won't show because they don't have parking this week, and they aren't going to fight the extra traffic.
I wonder if people thinking about going to the fair think, "There's a home Carolina game today, I don't wanna fight that traffic."

You would think it would affect fair attendance more than game attendance since its open every day.
Rooster2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #29
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 999980500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

I’ll be there. Can’t wait. Hitting the road soon.

Gaichon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #30
gamecock_92
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecock_92 has hatched from the shell

Do they reverse lanes after the game when the fair is in town? I don't remember if they do or not. Just curious. We will be there either way.
gamecock_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #31
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Any alternate parking suggestions for good tailgating? I have always used the fair grounds.

Last edited by wincocks84; 10-12-2018 at 01:30 PM..
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #32
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Do they reverse lanes after the game when the fair is in town? I don't remember if they do or not. Just curious. We will be there either way.
No.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #33
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
They ought to reverse the fair and put it somewhere else.
CapitolCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #34
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
The issue is there is not 80,000 die hard fans willing to put up with the extra traffic and pay for tickets.

If you are a casual fan, this is not an ideal game to go to. Call them fair weather fans or whatever, but its just a reality.

It's not just the GCC Fairgrounds parking that is displaced and trying to find alternate parking. It's also the parking that the State Fair Association sells within the Fair gates that is displaced too. That's a lot of cars looking for other parking.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #35
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

It's going to be down.

No idea why it worked out like this for the season, but we need a Vanderbilt or Marshall game in the fair weekend.

What really sucks is how important this game is for the narrative of the season, Jake in particular, and honestly the future of Muschamp and McClendon.
BringBackGarcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #36
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Yes - The SEC sets the conference schedule. And they probably couldn't care less who has a fair or other concurring activity near stadiums.
This.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:40 PM   #37
roosterdave
SpursUP

Male

CockyCash: 5574
roosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot materialroosterdave is USC mascot material

Quote:
a game that could potentially turn our season around and springboard the program
I mean...Go Cocks and all but slow down there skippy. I'll be faithfully watching from my couch.

-GeoCocky66
roosterdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #38
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

When I went every year I enjoyed the tailgating BUT I wasn't there to tailgate I was there to watch a football game...the tailgating I was ready to get over with and get up to my seats way ahead of time! Never wanted to miss pregame at all. That's the fun of it!
Old 10-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #39
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 1825498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

This is unfair
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #40
ultimatetailgater
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
You can certainly blame the kickoff times and the heat for some of this but the home games this season have been very poorly attended. Even UGA only had about 50-60% butts in seats in the upper deck endzone sections at kickoff and last week was underwhelming to say the least. And thatís before the heavens opened. No excuses this weekend. Weather looks PERFECT. Sunshine and highs in the mid 70ís. Weíre playing a team we havenít beaten yet in a game that could potentially turn our season around and springboard the program. If you have the ability to be in Williams-Brice on Saturday get your butt in your seat before kickoff. Letís show A&M what a real home field advantage is! Go Cocks

Ya it amazes me what passes for a "fan" these days. Fan is short for Fanatic i.e. hardcore/intense supporter. Most people whining about why they can't make it are more like casual interested parties. That's all fine and well if coming to the game isn't important to you but that doesn't really qualify as a fan.

I get people have issues that come up in life, illness, finances and etc but just because you have to work a little bit to find parking is a weak excuse not to come support the team in person.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote