CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
thumpin big
talon
smoovecock
markymark550
b381l
CockyGuy
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (1445)
Chattanooga upends N (951)
NEW Pics from South (647)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (345)
This Doctor Fell In (298)
Happy Thanksgiving C (227)
Strategy First Steam (137)
Penniless: Creed's S (105)
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Texans getting frustrated
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
Palmetto Bowl
Bowl projections
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Name a Gamecock
Alshon - Bose

Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #21
themadride
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
themadride has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Kevin Cohen Fired

I'm sorry, because it seems like a lot of people like Cohen, but I say GOOD RIDDANCE.

I've never disliked someone I usually agree with more. I probably agree with Cohen on 90% of the issues and I still thought he had no ability to express a logical point of view in a coherent manner.

But in truth, most of the time his air time was filled with repetitious nothingness. A typical Kevin Cohen monologue would go something like this;

"The important thing to realize about this issue is how important it is to reasonably reflect on this issue and consider its importance". blaaa blaa blaa.

But then, every now and then, he would form an iron-clad opinion about some random thing and argue for it rudely and illogically.

It seemed to me that his air time was divided between almost "background noise" nothingness or unwavering argument.

I rarely, if ever heard, him actually discuss something from a defined point of view while also debating intelligently. He either took no stand at all or argued for his opinion like a 6 year old.

For years I've been changing the dial at 3pm sharp to escape Cohen. Now I can finally keep my dial at WVOC.
themadride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #22
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

When Kevin started the political show, it seemed he was taking a thoughtful and considered approach to his daily topics. But somewhere along the way his tone took a turn and he started with the sensationalism, ala Rush and Glenn Beck. At that point I stopped listening. I enjoyed him engaging in honest conversation about the issues of the day, because he came across like he was truly involved. Once he went off the deep end though - presumably just for ratings - he became just another loudmouth blowhard I don't patience for.

Where I most enjoyed him was talking sports way back when - before he started with the politics. I think he was very good at that and could talk sports intelligently but not over the heads of the audience. It seemed he connected with his sports talk audience more than his political audience. I'd like to see if he could return to that genre, maybe on 107.5
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #23
Deputy Duffy
Walk On

Male

Deputy Duffy has hatched from the shell

The excuse, as I understand it, is that Columbia needs an afternoon show that doesn't just have talk and local politicians on it.
Now, thanks to Clear Channel, 100.1 has Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum on from 3 to 6 pm, and a good, solid, Columbia icon is out looking for work.
Hopefully when revenue dries up for that time slot, a positive decision will be made.
Personally, I've switched back to the static AM radio has to offer on WIS AM and Sean Hannity.
Deputy Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #24
SteelCock
Walk On

SteelCock has hatched from the shell

He was obviously providing steroids to Armstrong while having simultaneous intimate relations with Mark Sanford, Nikki Haley, John Edwards, and Manti Te'o (virtually).

I like ol' mad dog Kev. Or at least I enjoyed his sports talk radio gig before he moved into political talk radio. There, I found him and his show exceedingly low brow and painfully, painfully boring.

Hopefully, he finds work in the area.
SteelCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #25
SteelCock
Walk On

SteelCock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Kevin started one of the early sports discussion forums in Columbia, which is now defunct but it was a forerunner to Cockytalk. allsportstalk.com was a pretty good place to hang out and talk Gamecock sports for a couple of years.
Yeah, AST was a blast while it lasted.
SteelCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #26
Carolinafan13
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 25009651
Carolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudlyCarolinafan13 is crowing loudly

He is back!!!!! 95.9. He got fired from Clear Channel and went out and started his own radio station! Props to him for not letting the the big corp bring him down! 95.9FM starting Monday morning! And he said he will have full Gamecock coverage! It's footbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Friday!
Carolinafan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #27
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Clear Channel is cut throat I've heard.