CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
SanAntonioCock
2k15
ShutTheSuccop
RGHoskins
AtlGAMECOCK
TastyLicks
ccured
rabid cock
Captain9Dragons
Why don't we run any (981)
Wildcat? (710)
Cack's Toast of the (683)
MJ Webb (644)
Charges revealed for (601)
Freeeze: What I did (542)
Should we go hurry-u (515)
College Station? (480)
Arkansas Kickoff Tim (395)
2018 - Mario Dungey (358)
Jake Bentley analysis
Should we go hurry-up or
Champions of life
Our chances against aTm
Muschamp Presser question
Snoop's take on how the n
Freeeze: What I did was w
Charges revealed for susp
Cack's Toast of the Game
College Station?

Old 04-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #61
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Picked to lose 1st game of the year

Out of curiosity I looked at stub hub, $105 a ticket for upper endzone seats. Assuming they will drop significantly?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #62
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 18410
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

NC State is a good team with a lot of starters returning from last season. Our offense appears to be in pretty good shape, but we are going to have a lot of question marks on defense.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #63
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
stub hub, $105 a ticket for upper endzone seats.
Damn, thats pretty good.
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #64
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by impirius View Post
It's the first game of the season, so we will win an barely-watchable slog of a game by 4 points
This guy understands Gamecock season openers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #65
Gamecocks0197
Two Deep

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Our openers are (almost) always ugly.

Last time we opened with NC State, we won by a score of 7-3.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #66
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 1400
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I have a news flash for everyone. This won't be the only game we're picked to lose this year.
Blasphemy!
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #67
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfootball62 View Post
Ill be in The Queen City that Saturday. I think our key to get it going is to give them the ball first and see at least a little of what they're going to try and bring to the table. For Carolina I test my offensive line right off the bat and get that running game going. If it is successful and with the quality of backs and quality I'd run the mess out of it. When they least expect it I'd change the play and hit Hayden, Edwards, Deebo, Otre, or Shi Smith with a long ball. Just MO

1st Quarter run to pass %.........90 to 10
2nd Quarter.............................60 to 40
3rd Quarter.............................40 to 60
4th Quarter.............................80 to 20

If it ain't working...................Adjust
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #68
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky2001 View Post
Damn, thats pretty good.
For nosebleeds? No thank you.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #69
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
For nosebleeds? No thank you.
Still not that expensive.
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #70
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Considering you could probably get better seats outside the stadium for much less they are very overpriced.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 07:36 PM   #71
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

Not to trash NC STate..........but people are acting like they are sleeper bc they gave Clemson a "game". You realize it's Clemson, a school that so routinely loses a dip shit game to an ACC also ran that people created a term for it "Clemsoning". Their best win was to unranked UNC team, after they had a moral victory against Clemson they turned around and made sure Lamar Jackson won the Heisman the next game. If we loose to NC State it's not bc they are a dark horse in ACC (lets be Real its FSU Clemson and possibly the U no one else has realistic shot), it's bc we are bad football team or we still can't play SEC level D. WE have one the Best young Qbs in all of CFB, having a qb gives u shot against anyone in CFB. Bentley and the talent at RB/WR/TE should give us enough to outscore teams like NCST.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #72
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
For a game that likely won't even come close to selling out, over $100 is pretty steep.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #73
Pw00132
4-Star

Male

Pw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot material

I think we will win but it sure would be nice to play an easy FCS school as an opener every year.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #74
conwaycock2
Bowl MVP

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Not to trash NC STate..........but people are acting like they are sleeper bc they gave Clemson a "game". You realize it's Clemson, a school that so routinely loses a dip shit game to an ACC also ran that people created a term for it "Clemsoning". Their best win was to unranked UNC team, after they had a moral victory against Clemson they turned around and made sure Lamar Jackson won the Heisman the next game. If we loose to NC State it's not bc they are a dark horse in ACC (lets be Real its FSU Clemson and possibly the U no one else has realistic shot), it's bc we are bad football team or we still can't play SEC level D. WE have one the Best young Qbs in all of CFB, having a qb gives u shot against anyone in CFB. Bentley and the talent at RB/WR/TE should give us enough to outscore teams like NCST.
The problem is an NC State fan could writeup a post very, very similar to this (by only changing the names of the teams) & make an equally strong case.. Louisville beat FSU worst than they beat NC State & UNC beat FSU so you can't draw many conclusions based on one or two games.

Reality is we finished with a 6-7 record & NC State returns a ton of players from a 7-6 team. They are not great, but they are stout upfront, with a good QB & are plenty capable of beating us as we are of beating them. If we beat them badly I'd be shocked as would the oddsmakers. I'd take a one point victory right now & be extremely happy.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #75
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 840
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
The problem is an NC State fan could writeup a post very, very similar to this (by only changing the names of the teams) & make an equally strong case.. Louisville beat FSU worst than they beat NC State & UNC beat FSU so you can't draw many conclusions based on one or two games.

Reality is we finished with a 6-7 record & NC State returns a ton of players from a 7-6 team. They are not great, but they are stout upfront, with a good QB & are plenty capable of beating us as we are of beating them. If we beat them badly I'd be shocked as would the oddsmakers. I'd take a one point victory right now & be extremely happy.
I'll turn it back on you. We return a lot of players also, including 10 starters on Offense. And we had really young players with more room for growth. For instance, NC State has a 5th year starter at QB, so he is pretty close to a finished product. Bentley has played/started 7 games in his career and has tremendous room for improvement.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:45 AM   #76
conwaycock2
Bowl MVP

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

So what's your point? Do you see us blowing them out? Then again you absolutely insisted for several years that our recruiting had not fallen off, despite all evidence to the contrary. Every year, like clockwork, you'd write about how loaded we were & how clemson was going over a cliff. You do seem to now be a little more logical. Maybe 7 wins, 3 wins, & 6 wins & massive numbers of guys you hyped as young talent transferring out finally beat some sense into your head. Muschamp took over a team with very subpar talent, that is a fact. Look at the NFL draft the last few years, all conference players, etc. It's going to take a few more good classes to right a ship & get back to where we were in 2010-2013. But I truly believe he's the right fit.

My prediction is this will be a close game, hopefully we pull it out at the end but it will not be easy. The oddsmakers feel it will be close too so I'm certainly not alone. We can have a good year with a team that is potentially fun to watch, but all the issues Muschamp inherited haven't magically disappeared overnight. Until that time comes I won't be looking down my nose at opponents who've posted a better record over the past few years than us.

BTW ESPN has an early formula for projected wins/losses that includes fractions. Right now they have our win total at 6.1 essentially a 6-6 season. I think we'll do better. But saying 7-8 wins is closer to optimistic or overly optimistic than negativity is in-fact correct based on their projections despite what you or Senior Rooster say.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 04-22-2017 at 09:25 AM..
Old 04-22-2017, 07:35 AM   #77
CockCopter
Professor

Male

CockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudlyCockCopter is crowing loudly

Huge bellweather game to assess Coach Boom's ability to plan and execute. With evenly matched teams, and us having a very good QB, he can prove his worth if we look organized and efficient. I'm looking at this game with a discerning eye.
CockCopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:56 AM   #78
conwaycock2
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockCopter View Post
Huge bellweather game to assess Coach Boom's ability to plan and execute. With evenly matched teams, and us having a very good QB, he can prove his worth if we look organized and efficient. I'm looking at this game with a discerning eye.
That's a very fair assessment. I'm ok with some deficiencies in talent (DL, secondary, etc) WM doesn't own that at this point. But you hit the nail on the head, we should see a team, especially on offense, that is more organized & operates more efficiently.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #79
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
That's a very fair assessment. I'm ok with some deficiencies in talent (DL, secondary, etc) WM doesn't own that at this point. But you hit the nail on the head, we should see a team, especially on offense, that is more organized & operates more efficiently.
This surprises me after all the talk about Roper's
predictable and vanilla offense last season.

Don't underestimate NC State
Old 04-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #80
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

We win... by one or more points... That is all that counts
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote