CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
FurmanCock
Gamecocks0197
We Don't Use Star Ra (1770)
Lattimore vs. McFadd (1097)
6-foot Shark Swims B (521)
Gamecock Baseball In (414)
This Rifle Will Leav (315)
Looking for prayers (238)
Flo softball high sc (149)
Phil Steele (0)
2018 - Jabari Ellis
SEC Football Coaches Appr
2018 - Stephon Wynn
We Don't Use Star Ratings
Phil Steele
2018 WBB - Aquira DeCosta
Official Baseball Coachin
Lattimore vs. McFadden
Dozier Signs With the Lak
Flo softball high school

Old 04-20-2016, 09:52 AM   #1
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Post-Spring Depth Chart

Released on Twitter by Gamecock Athletics @GamecocksOnline
Old 04-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #2
arice12
Gamecock Born and Bred

Male

CockyCash: 500
arice12 is sharpening his clawsarice12 is sharpening his clawsarice12 is sharpening his clawsarice12 is sharpening his clawsarice12 is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Post-Spring Depth Chart

Believe Diggs will recoup his spot at safety

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
arice12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

"QB Perry Orth ORthBrandon McIlwain"

Talk amongst yourselves....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
CockyATO
Thread Killer

Male

CockyCash: 1200244
CockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot materialCockyATO is USC mascot material

Have not heard of Daniel Fennel. What's his story?

Twitter: CreightonUSC
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #5
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I don't really foresee a lot of changes to the Offensive depth chart between now and next Fall. Except may some of the Freshman WR's breaking the two deep But I think there will be a lot of good competition on the Defensive side of the ball.

Guys like Skai Moore, Dante Sawyer and Jamarcus King haven't even had a chance to practice yet. And of the four DE's mentioned above I would've thought Boosie Whitlow would've been there. Daniel Fennell over Darius English kinda surprised me.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #6
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyATO View Post

Same here. I remember him as a recruit. He was a 3 star guy who red shirted last year.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:14 AM   #7
roosterdave
SpursUP

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
"QB Perry Orth OR Brandon McIlwain"

Talk amongst yourselves....
Here we go.

Things of note:

-So McIlwain is probably going to be the starter.
-Fennell over english
-BAW is the buck?
roosterdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #8
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

It looks like they tried a few different players at the BUCK position and BAW is the best fit.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/B...-Buck-44895238
Old 04-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #9
arice12
Gamecock Born and Bred

Male

arice12 is sharpening his clawsarice12 is sharpening his clawsarice12 is sharpening his clawsarice12 is sharpening his clawsarice12 is sharpening his claws

Must be a subtle message to Whitlow, tough love from the coaches, hopefully this puts a lot of chips on shoulders

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
arice12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #10
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Can't put a lot of stock in this on the defensive side because Moore, Sawyer, and Diggs missed Spring ball.

BAW at Buck is no surprise though. He said multiple times during the Spring that he was at BUCK and would move to MIKE or WILL in a dime package.

Offensive Line is going to be GOOD.

We are in big trouble in the secondary. We need King and Jackson badly.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #11
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I also truly believe we are going to be dangerous in the return game. We finally are putting playmakers back there and not just guys that can get to the 20.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #12
roosterdave
SpursUP

Male

roosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudlyroosterdave is crowing loudly

Our offensive line might be good, but so much youth at every other position. I look forward to our offense sputtering out of the gate and coming into form by the end of the year.
roosterdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #13
Obi-Cock-Kenobi
Jedi Master

Male

Obi-Cock-Kenobi has earned his spursObi-Cock-Kenobi has earned his spursObi-Cock-Kenobi has earned his spursObi-Cock-Kenobi has earned his spursObi-Cock-Kenobi has earned his spursObi-Cock-Kenobi has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyATO View Post
He was brought in and listed as a LB...6'3 at 235 and played 6A Georgia ball.
Obi-Cock-Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:30 AM   #14
Goofyboy
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I guess they have cloned Lammons. It'll be neat to see them both starting. I hope the one at safety is a good closer and hitter.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #15
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I guess they have cloned Lammons. It'll be neat to see them both starting. I hope the one at safety is a good closer and hitter.
If we're going to be cloning players, can we clone Lattimore, Shaw and Clowney?

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:38 AM   #16
manic5_2001
Banned

Male

manic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot materialmanic5_2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
If we're going to be cloning players, can we clone Lattimore, Shaw and Clowney?
Swearinger, Gilmore if room... Jeffery, Cooper, Ellington, Ace,

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
manic5_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:43 AM   #17
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Nice seeing LBs with adequate weight.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:44 AM   #18
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
My guess is that in an ideal world he is our starting safety next season as long as we get both King and Jackson and they perform as expected. Now ideal world situations haven't happened that often for the Gamecocks lately so who knows.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #19
Goofyboy
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Lammons seems to me to be a good cornerback who can continue to develop. I don't think he has the size or thickness to be a really good safety. I don't recall him as a hitter at all. I'm still thinking there's a chance we see Skai Moore at safety if the linebackers are looking really good. If he plays strong safety, I suspect he might lead in tackles again. His side-to-side pursuit is excellent.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #20
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i know they've been putting baw at buck but in this depth chart wouldnt the smaller de position be the buck? muschamp did talk how fennell and baw were fast twitch guys, we should have a lot of versatility in that front 7. cant wait to see what these nickel and pass rush packages and lb/buck battles shake out once skai gets back.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote