CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TRBTB
carolina_corpsman
RGHoskins
kick_ball
Blitzkrieg
TastyLicks
usc1
AR1
The Yancey
Pancake21
Our chances against (2974)
Muschamp Presser que (2486)
I wish we all could (2056)
The Bama mentality: (1001)
Turning point - Jaco (931)
10 things I'm absolu (855)
BURN THE BOATS: Noth (800)
Mental toughness (785)
Honest assessment of (501)
Interesting David Wi (438)
Why don't we run any I fo
How Was the DJ?
Interesting David William
2018 Commitment - Marlon
So we're 3-1. Ugh. The su
Our chances against aTm
Jake Bentley analysis
Muschamp Presser question
The Bama mentality: what
Fall Softball 2017

Old 12-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #21
GamecockSuperFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Win At All Costs

And yes there are way too many that accept mediocrity. I imagine they are the same fans who clapped when we lost to Auburn in 2006. Anyone happy with 6 wins when their rival an hour north is winning at the level of Alabama and Ohio state is defining the phrase "accepting mediocrity"
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:36 AM   #22
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 625824149796
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
Are you a donor?
I can donate sperm if anyone wants it.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #23
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
Who is accepting mediocrity? If you look through this forum, you will see a lot of people who are pretty upset at a lot of things that they shouldn't be upset about. It actually kind of seems like most are demanding perfection.

The school is willing to put the money where it needs to be put. Muschamp is recruiting well and more importantly, he's getting the Athletic Department used to the idea of investing more money in the recruiting process.

So I really don't see us aiming for 6-6 every year. However, I do see a lot of fans who do realize where our limitations are and understand that the road to being a Top 5/10 team is a long one. We have to be willing to set goals along the way. Some will be not so glamorous right now. That's just the state of the program.
Sadly that's a hard pill for most of these people to swallow. They want it now without having to put in the work. They need to remember that life isn't fair and you just have to play the cards you're dealt. Again, if this isn't good enough for them they should go root for teams with history and championships.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #24
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Let me put it as bluntly as possible. Not speaking to Rooster directly but people in general that have been miserable.

There is nothing that you, me, or any other fan can do to speed up the process to make USC elite. You can't change who is sitting in the seats of power that make the decision to suspend players or handle issues. All you can do is scream on a message board that you will not renew your GCC membership, or that you'll not go to games, and you'll let your wallet speak but we all know that is a bunch of BS. You are as invested into this program as the rest of us. The only people that can move the needle are the school president, athletic director, board of trustees, and a few select boosters. Everyone else is at the mercy of the program. So if you are unhappy, then get over it or find a new team. Years are roller coasters. They have highs and lows. It happens every year and every year there are folks that are surprised when something doesn't quite meet their expectations.

We are not accepting mediocrity. Not even close. USC is continuously pumping loads of money into its programs and facilities. They are making an effort to move USC into the upper level. But its a process. It took Clemson, what, 7 years to finally break through on the national scene? Including gritting their teeth while we beat their ass for 5 years in a row? Little did we know that they were fine tuning a machine in the background and now they are reaping the benefits. USC is in the same spot right now. In football, Coach Muschamp has brought the USC football program to the modern ages with program structure and recruiting. He has a game changing football ops building falling into his lap in 2 years. Everything is there for him and he has shown that he will work himself like a dog to get things fixed. You want to be run like Alabama? Well Muschamp is putting the resources in place to make that happen.

So I know you're tired of hearing it but be patient. USC is going in the right direction whether you choose to see and/or believe it.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 12-22-2016 at 12:07 PM..
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #25
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

So OP - You are suggesting we lie, cheat and steal our way to the top. Like Clemson did in '81?

No thanks.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #26
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

USCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Let me put it as bluntly as possible. Not speaking to Rooster directly but people in general that have been miserable.

There is nothing that you, me, or any other fan can do to speed up the process to make USC elite. You can't change who is sitting in the seats of power that make the decision to suspend players or handle issues. All you can do is scream on a message board that you will not renew your GCC membership, or that you'll not go to games, and you'll let your wallet speak but we all know that is a bunch of BS. You are as invested into this program as the rest of us. The only people that can move the needle is the school president, athletic director, board of trustees, and a few select boosters. Everyone else is at the mercy of the program. So if you are unhappy, then get over it or find a new team. Years are roller coasters. They have highs and lows. It happens every year and every year there are folks that are surprised when something doesn't quite meet their expectations.

We are not accepting mediocrity. Not even close. USC is continuously pumping loads of money into its programs and facilities. They are making an effort to move USC into the upper level. But its a process. It took Clemson, what, 7 years to finally break through on the national scene? Including gritting their teeth while we beat their ass for 5 years in a row? Little did we know that they were fine tuning a machine in the background and now they are reaping the benefits. USC is in the same spot right now. In football, Coach Muschamp has brought the USC football program to the modern ages with program structure and recruiting. He has a game changing football ops building falling into his lap in 2 years. Everything is there for him and he has shown that he will work himself like a dog to get things fixed. You want to be run like Alabama? Well Muschamp is putting the resources in place to make that happen.

So I know you're tired of hearing it but be patient. USC is going in the right direction whether you choose to see and/or believe it.

I think Ray has a 10' tall participation trophy in his office
USCooper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #27
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCooper1 View Post
I think Ray has a 10' tall participation trophy in his office
No but he does have two national championship trophies he won for us in baseball.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #28
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
So OP - You are suggesting we lie, cheat and steal our way to the top. Like Clemson did in '81?

No thanks.
But but but Clemson is elite!!!! We should copy everything they do!!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #29
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

USCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
No but he does have two national championship trophies he won for us in baseball.

No one said he wasn't a good baseball coach.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #30
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
No one said he wasn't a good baseball coach.
Dude you know exactly what I mean. He's as dedicated to winning now as he was when he won us those trophies.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #31
CockyDevil
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1539
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

Boosters meddling in athletic program affairs nearly universally ends well. It's science.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:18 PM   #32
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tag View Post
A lot of the people around here seem to be accepting mediocrity, as far as football is concerned. It almost seems to be the consensus that a six win season is excellent. And we're what? Two years removed from three 11 win seasons.

It also doesn't help that it seems that we can only blame certain players/coaches for our mediocrity.
This statement is so misguided. It's not that A six win season is excellent, it's that OUR TEAM went 6-6 when the lack of talent and experience across the board should've meant no more than 3-4 wins this year. So yeah, we enjoy being spoiled with a 13th game on the schedule when we have no business being there in the first place.

We're nowhere close to a good team and 6-6 is not a good record, but for our team and circumstances they were given this year, I think it's a damn fine start to the Muschamp era. And I'm going to lose my shit on anyone that complains when we go 7-5 or 8-4 next year.

Too many people live in the now these days. They want results ASAP and rightfully so, but demanding them immediately only to do no actual work towards achieving them other than throwing buckets of cash at coaches is pretty irrational.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #33
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Get some perspective man. Its a University.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #34
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sadly that's a hard pill for most of these people to swallow. They want it now without having to put in the work. They need to remember that life isn't fair and you just have to play the cards you're dealt. Again, if this isn't good enough for them they should go root for teams with history and championships.
QFT.

F'in ridiculous that people think complaining more = better results for everyone. I guess that's what this 2016 age has brought us - not happy with the way things are in life? Complain, complain, complain, maybe loot some stores, then complain some more.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #35
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

Quote:
Dude you know exactly what I mean. He's as dedicated to winning now as he was when he won us those trophies.

I don't see any proof of that.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:51 PM   #36
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Quote:
The attitude of fans and donors can affect a program. Quit giving until things changed. That's what happened at clemson a few years ago.
False .. they actually started giving more
kick_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #37
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Not accepting mediocrity and winning at all cost are not mutually exclusive
kick_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #38
FilchCock
Blue Chip

Male

FilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot material

Is this real life?
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #39
CockyDevil
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1539
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

Old 12-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #40
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0