CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
donbgamecock
GoldenSpur7
2k15
The Yancey
gotrice?
GeoCocky66
kick_ball
More Bad News For Fl (956)
Huge Event on Monday (720)
Kent State fires str (572)
Rollcall! : NC State (470)
Best tv antenna (353)
MBB 21st in national (225)
Fantasy Football 201 (176)
GA Mangus has a new (75)
Home Opener vs UK
Kent State fires strength
2018 - Saivion Smith
GA Mangus has a new job
Premier League 2017-2018
2018 Commitment - Jonatha
2018 - Josh Vann - Commit
Huge Event on Monday
Bruce released by the Jet
More Bad News For Florida

Old 04-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly
Default Highlight Video From Spring Game

Pay particular attention to the OL in all three of these and see if you dont think they are much better than last year. I know it's just the spring game, but it looks to me like Wolford is making a difference.

Bentley Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=tXqEaSq0ai8

Rico Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4zfO...ature=youtu.be

Ty'Son Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBQJQi...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Three and Out; 04-04-2017 at 10:29 PM..
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Highlight Video From Spring Game

Williams is a monster.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Pay particular attention to the OL in all three of these and see if you dont think they are much better than last year. I know it's just the spring game, but it looks to me like Wolford is making a difference.

Bentley Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=tXqEaSq0ai8

Rico Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4zfO...ature=youtu.be

Ty'Son Video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBQJQi...ature=youtu.be
I would not get too excited about the OL yet. Our DL is still in the middle of a much needed overhaul and has a long way to go, especially when it comes to rushing the passer. With the OL it's just wait and see until we get into live action because with both lines of scrimmage being question marks you're not going to be able to tell much.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #4
JohnnyB21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Anyone find a clip of Denson's 35 yard run? I'd like to see how he runs now. I just remember all of us being very excited for his running style.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1158
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

To me, the story of the day was Ty'Son Williams......holy crap. Can't wait to see him in a real game.

Also, the commentators kept talking about Jaylin Dickerson and how high the coaching staff is on his abilities. He's definitely young, but I can see why the coaching staff is so excited about him. He just looks like he belongs out there. I'm not really sure how else to describe it.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #6
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He looked pretty good, but either the run defense was suspect, or we have a "real deal SEC offensive line"...for real this time.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #7
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Or it could be that going full speed and murdering the guy in the yellow jersey is generally frowned upon in scrimmages.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #8
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

First throw to Williams was a sack in a game situation and Tyson Williams is the Williams I've always wanted
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #9
FurmanCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Any word on King's injury?
Old 04-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #10
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
Any word on King's injury?
Fracture in his lower arm. Probably getting some hardware put in. Per CWM, back in 2 weeks.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #11
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I would not get too excited about the OL yet. Our DL is still in the middle of a much needed overhaul and has a long way to go, especially when it comes to rushing the passer. With the OL it's just wait and see until we get into live action because with both lines of scrimmage being question marks you're not going to be able to tell much.
I understand all that. But comparing this year's OL to last year's OL spring game to spring game, this year is much better. I'm assuming you saw the "but" in the last sentence of my post. Interesting you didn't comment how much better our overall offense was because TW, RD or JB.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:05 AM   #12
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Anyone find a clip of Denson's 35 yard run? I'd like to see how he runs now. I just remember all of us being very excited for his running style.
I wasn't. I looked over his film and found ZERO running style. Scratched my head as to why he got an offer. Seemed to have no moves and there wasn't any footage showing his ability to escape tackles, as I recall. Would love to be proven wrong.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #13
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Guys that impressed:

Ty'Son Williams. Rico is still the man, but we might have the best 1-2 punch at RB in the SEC - and that is before you add in AJ as a change of pace RB.
Caleb Kinlaw. Nothing fancy, just a hard-nosed between the tackles runner - no wonder Wisky wanted him. He is the kind of guy that you put in late to run out the clock, and will get 3-4 yards a carry. A walk-on steal.
Kiel Pollard - what a load. Good hands and no one was tackling him one on one.
Jacob August. Size, can block and catch. Another walk-on steal.
Kyle Markway. Crazy how deep we are at TE - considering they looked great as a group and a high draft pick did not play. Plus 4* Register and Evan Hinson.
Brian Edwards. He seems to be stronger this year and has the potential to be an Alshon Jeffery - Mike Williams type.
OrTre Smith. Ditto. You have to remember that he did not play most of last season in HS and missed most of Spring.
Jerad Washington. I gotta admit - I thought he was a bust that would never get on the field. But he was a little reminiscent of another Ace (besides me, I mean) - Ace Sanders.
Korey Banks. I would be happy with him and Washington at slot - and then we have Shi coming in.
O Line. Okay, so maybe the D Line should be on the "unimpressive" list, but the O Line looks improved and deep. Young and Bailey looked good at LT and RT. Chandler Farrell is a steal as a walk-on Center - I could see him starting next year. Add Daley and Hutcherson to the mix, and this is the deepest and most talented O Line we have had.
Jake Bentley. He will be the man.
Jaylin Dickerson. Not a lot of impressive guys on D, but Dickerson is good enough to start as a Freshman.
Alex Woznick. He missed a 33 yarder, but it was a tough angle, and he his leg appears to be as strong as Fry's. I feel good about the placekicking.

I know it is the Spring game, but I think that we will have one of the more potent offenses in the SEC - and one of the youngest.

D is a concern - we gave up 59 points and Bentley went over 300 yards passing in less than a full game - but I think we will be fine there. We just don't have enough depth to put out two good units for the Spring game. The team in the Fall will be much different. Skai hardly played, Nixon and Jamyest will bolster the secondary, we have some talent coming in at LB and D Line. The biggest thing will be the pass rush - need to find a few pass rushers, maybe get some push from the LBs. That might have to be solved through recruiting (we need you, XT!).
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #14
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 15500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

I agree with all this ace, except banks. banks dropped almost everything thrown to him. I have very little confidence in banks, unless there is a transformation. hands of stone...
And I am still very worried about the defense. I sure hope J. Williams is all he is said to be. We really need him to be a difference maker.

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #15
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
I agree with all this ace, except banks. banks dropped almost everything thrown to him. I have very little confidence in banks, unless there is a transformation. hands of stone...
And I am still very worried about the defense. I sure hope J. Williams is all he is said to be. We really need him to be a difference maker.
I am with you on the D as far as worrying, but I think we are okay. Boom has had good Ds everywhere he has gone and we have most of our talent returning and some good newcomers. Our biggest hit was at LB, and Skai turns that into a potential upgrade. All you have to do is look at the 40 times of our Seniors on D to see why we were not better in 2016.

The JUCOs are patching immediate holes in the Secondary, but Jamyest and Dickerson will be stars sooner rather than later. I think our D Line will be fine at stopping the run - rushing the passer is Concern #1 (and #2 and #3).
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:31 PM   #16
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
This video is unavailable.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:12 PM   #17
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 8607
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

What position does Dickerson play?
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:57 PM   #18
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
What position does Dickerson play?
Safety and muschamp said he may be end up being the best safety he's ever coached
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #19
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Spring game was a spring game.
Offense looked good because the D package was vanilla. Defense looked so-so because they were not going full speed.

NO real answers from the spring game.
Did see some players do some nice things, but right now, I'm just kind of EH with taking anything from a spring game.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #20
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I understand all that. But comparing this year's OL to last year's OL spring game to spring game, this year is much better. I'm assuming you saw the "but" in the last sentence of my post. Interesting you didn't comment how much better our overall offense was because TW, RD or JB.
I learned a long time ago to put minimal stock in spring games. I think our skill positions and QB position has tons of talent, but they showed that on the field last year which is why I'm confident in saying that. The OL didn't show that last year and I'm not going to get more confidence in that unit based on watching them in a scrimmage against our DL which frankly needs even more help than the OL.

Last edited by gotrice?; 04-03-2017 at 10:30 PM..
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote