CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
SwampFox
GoldenSpur7
AndersonCock
MountainCock
AR1
carolina_corpsman
RGHoskins
Order 66
VERY interesting. E (2030)
USC Bowl pick plus a (515)
Mike Ayers Retires (401)
2019 Desmond Little (357)
2020 - Kevin Swint (332)
CHRISTMAS MUSIC THRE (186)
Official Gamecock Ta (169)
OK...the RRHoF is ju (125)
This place has been (94)
Gamecock Authentic L (21)
2018 - Channing Tindall
2018 - KJ Henry
Bentley Offensive Philoso
Thoughs On Men's BB At Ex
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
COD: WWII
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
tv refresh rate for 4k fl
Gamecock Authentic Leathe
This place has been dead

Old 04-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 500
CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material
Default Depressing

Now that basketball is over, coming back to the football forums and hearing crickets. I guess it's a byproduct of having closed practices and the spring game getting less coverage b/c of the bball hype. Seems like Champ wanted to keep things more subdued for the spring practices/game than in years past, which is fine with me.

I suppose our next real news will be in June when Joyner makes his choice.

Until then we'll get by on anecdotal reports of workout participation, quips from the GCC speaking tour and such. Alas, it's always darkest just before the dawn...must go through the April-August stretch in order to get to the season.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Depressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
Now that basketball is over, coming back to the football forums and hearing crickets. I guess it's a byproduct of having closed practices and the spring game getting less coverage b/c of the bball hype. Seems like Champ wanted to keep things more subdued for the spring practices/game than in years past, which is fine with me.

Until then we'll get by on anecdotal reports of workout participation, quips from the GCC speaking tour and such. Alas, it's always darkest just before the dawn...must go through the April-August stretch in order to get to the season.
you have to learn to deal with the time off. you keep doing your thing and it will come to fruition. Nothing stops time.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

It is not the closed practices or the basketball drawing attention away from football. The current lack of interest is due to a simple, one word answer:

Spurt

90% of discussion of practices/Spring games was Spurt's analysis and responses to questions. We ain't got that.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Once I start getting bored. I will start caring about baseball again.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #5
GSC2013
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post

Hey man im here to offer therapy. Light a candle. Heat up some coffee. Kick back....

NEXT MONTH we get the first preseason magazines on the shelves! Yep. Early or mid May we'll see Lindys and Athlon etc etc on the store shelf. Probably Bentley on the cover of most regional ones.

That my friend is the official start for me. I buy 1 every 2 weeks from May-end July. I'll spend hours reading about the 3rd team long snapper at Vanderbilt if thats what it takes. I love the narratives for every team ranging from euphoric optimism to POW like slivers of false hope. I especially love the Sporting News. They do ALL D1 teams so we get SoCon and Big South previews.

So just hang in there for April man. 4 weeks. If you can just make it to May 1st...then do like me and go by the store almost daily waiting on the magazines. I purposely dont look up the release date because i love the anticipation and it gets me through May.

Is it sad? Yes. But thats my life!
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #6
Gamecocks0197
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

So what uniforms will we wear against NC State?
Old 04-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Welp...I guess its talkin' season.

Quote:
Cole Cubelic ✔ @colecubelic
"I think Jake Bentley is a better college QB than Jacob Eason at this point & it isn't close"

- @GregMcElroy with @CubeShow
10:34 AM - 3 Apr 2017
Old 04-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #8
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Hopefully one of the football uniforms.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #9
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

A long time till Gamecock football. But we will somehow survive
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:55 PM   #10
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Go check out a baseball game or two. I always have a great time
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:04 PM   #11
miked237
Blue Chip

Male

miked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot materialmiked237 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Pink tutus with the green strip. Then again, does it really matter what unis we wear if we win? Let's stay focus on baseball season (us, Fireflies, MLB, whatever) for another month or 2.
miked237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #12
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
Hopefully one of the football uniforms.
LOL not the girls volleyball uniforms?
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #13
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
It is not the closed practices or the basketball drawing attention away from football. The current lack of interest is due to a simple, one word answer:

Spurt

90% of discussion of practices/Spring games was Spurt's analysis and responses to questions. We ain't got that.
Spurt and muschamp needs to come to an agreement so he can see and report on practices his reports are better than anything the state does and I don't want to pay for info
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:45 PM   #14
ChunkSnackwell
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Hey man im here to offer therapy. Light a candle. Heat up some coffee. Kick back....

NEXT MONTH we get the first preseason magazines on the shelves! Yep. Early or mid May we'll see Lindys and Athlon etc etc on the store shelf. Probably Bentley on the cover of most regional ones.

That my friend is the official start for me. I buy 1 every 2 weeks from May-end July. I'll spend hours reading about the 3rd team long snapper at Vanderbilt if thats what it takes. I love the narratives for every team ranging from euphoric optimism to POW like slivers of false hope. I especially love the Sporting News. They do ALL D1 teams so we get SoCon and Big South previews.

So just hang in there for April man. 4 weeks. If you can just make it to May 1st...then do like me and go by the store almost daily waiting on the magazines. I purposely dont look up the release date because i love the anticipation and it gets me through May.

Is it sad? Yes. But thats my life!
Wow. People still buy those?
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #15
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

The NHL and NBA seasons are coming to an end and the playoffs will begin.
And MLB just started.

There's tons of sports going on
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #16
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 685762189700
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I think it's all of our's duty now to second guess every minute decision Chad Holbrook makes. Especially those who know little about baseball

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #17
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

I am looking forward to no more shots people crying
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:03 AM   #18
Superadiabatic
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 400
Superadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudlySuperadiabatic is crowing loudly

I know y'all hate the quiet time. I miss football, too.

But, I'm totally OK with spring and summer. Not because I'm so much into baseball and basketball. I am, but the real reason is that I live up north and winter really sucks. And you spend most of the fall dreading winter. Football is the only good thing about fall up here. At least, once you get to November it's the only thing good.

Damn, I really need to move back home.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:26 AM   #19
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 8949643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

it will pick up trust me

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:30 AM   #20
GSC2013
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkSnackwell View Post
Wow. People still buy those?
Yep. Only magazine i still buy. Wonderful for the coffee table and slow lazy weekends in the summer. Cant wait.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote